The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] David Pastrnak to be traded

40 minutes ago, Pears said:

Really?

DAYUM...look at that team that could have been.  So they won a cup on the backs of a stellar bit of goaltending by Timmy...but looking at THAT line up...that would have absolutely dominated the last 3-5 years

Cap'n Hindsight returns

3 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Ummm, Virtanen is on another team - in the AHL.  And, the way he's been playing, he's on the verge of getting demoted to the ECHL.

You are hilarious.   What will you have to beatch and moan about when he is playing well in NHL?   

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

DAYUM...look at that team that could have been.  So they won a cup on the backs of a stellar bit of goaltending by Timmy...but looking at THAT line up...that would have absolutely dominated the last 3-5 years

Cap'n Hindsight returns

They prob would not have finished in the standings in that succession sequentially if Joe Thornton wasn't traded in the first place, but yeah if they had ended up with all those players and kept them that's a sweet line up 

On 14/08/2017 at 5:05 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

This is more speculation than a rumor. That said, any conversation involving Pasta and the Nucks starts and ends with Brock +.

I'm pretty sure they'd want a young more proven player then rookie Boeser as the starting point.  Horvat would be the starting point and the plus would be a Boeser or Juolevi maybe even a pick too. If we were trading Horvat would we be satisfied with Carlos or another unproven rookie. The price would not be cheap like some posters are thinking. Anything else then a good price makes us sound like the TO fans who think they can acquire Tanev for a mixed bag of hot garbage. 

On 8/15/2017 at 7:45 PM, bad alice french said:

uuuuuggggghhhhhhh CDC. Gudbranson and Virtanen for Pastrnak! Insane homerism going on here. Never ceases to baffle me how some of you overvalue our players.

Freaking stunning.

A couple posters here who still believe that Virtanen is the next Neely still wouldn't make that trade. LOL ohh CDC

On 8/15/2017 at 7:45 PM, bad alice french said:

uuuuuggggghhhhhhh CDC. Gudbranson and Virtanen for Pastrnak! Insane homerism going on here. Never ceases to baffle me how some of you overvalue our players.

Freaking stunning.

Yup. Pretty sure, any deal involving Pastrnak starts with, at least, one of Boeser, Horvat, Pettersson or Juolevi and a top draft pick.

On August 15, 2017 at 9:30 PM, Kungfudru said:

They prob would not have finished in the standings in that succession sequentially if Joe Thornton wasn't traded in the first place, but yeah if they had ended up with all those players and kept them that's a sweet line up 

They wouldn't have had Seguin or Hamilton, if they kept Kessel.

On 2017-08-15 at 3:38 PM, Warhippy said:

Cap'n Hindsight returns

To be fair they quickly made the finals after beating us for the cup to lose to the Hawks....and TT wasn't there.

On 8/15/2017 at 5:47 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

You are hilarious.   What will you have to beatch and moan about when he is playing well in NHL?   

Well! looky here! My fav poster!

Insulting when he could be debating, I don't think I've seen a single post from you where you didn't dodge facts with insults

In fact, all your posts seem to fall into one of two categories:

A. Radically pro Benning, to the point of delusional

B. Avoiding having to address the points brought up by posters who aren't by distractionary name-calling

Well, at least you know what you enjoy and stick with it, maybe someday you'll get the chance to do it for a living?

On 8/15/2017 at 10:58 PM, Old school nuck said:

I'm pretty sure they'd want a young more proven player then rookie Boeser as the starting point.  Horvat would be the starting point and the plus would be a Boeser or Juolevi maybe even a pick too. If we were trading Horvat would we be satisfied with Carlos or another unproven rookie. The price would not be cheap like some posters are thinking. Anything else then a good price makes us sound like the TO fans who think they can acquire Tanev for a mixed bag of hot garbage. 

I wouldn't trade Bo for Pasternak straight up, even if they added significant sweetener, a winger is not even close to being worth what a center is, you build your team around centers who make plays not snipers who finish them, not if you want to win a cup anyway

Just now, terrible.dee said:

Well! looky here! My fav poster!

Insulting when he could be debating, I don't think I've seen a single post from you where you didn't dodge facts with insults

In fact, all your posts seem to fall into one of two categories:

A. Radically pro Benning, to the point of delusional

B. Avoiding having to address the points brought up by posters who aren't by distractionary name-calling

Well, at least you know what you enjoy and stick with it, maybe someday you'll get the chance to do it for a living?

LOL, clearly you don't read posts or are capable of understanding points when they are made.     :lol:

I have already "done that for a living" and been quite a nice career.   No, it wasn't quite NHL at all times but I am fine with it all the same.   

Your contributions to the discussions are typically to malign anyone with anything positive or even remotely optimistic and then you call anyone who says "hey, that trade made sense" or "let's see how this works out" as "pro Benning".    

Enjoy your dark skies.   Believe it or not, a lot of those in this world see optimism and hope in most things - even professional hockey teams climbing out of their inevitable lower part of a cycle.   :)

On 8/14/2017 at 4:27 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Any team would love to have Guddy and I can see Virtanen blooming on another team with many here then lamenting the yet again giving up on a power forward too soon.   

Hahahahahhah......omg.......bro....you are just shameless!

Gotta hand it to you.....you don't half-a$$ it

Archived