The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Preseason GDT/PGT Canucks vs Kings Sept. 21st 4:30AM (Red Eye Edition)

VegasCanuck

Game Results  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• VegasCanuck changed the title to Preseason GDT/PGT Canucks vs Kings Sept. 21st 4:30AM (Red Eye Edition)
4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I understand the whole distance thing, but why not send the two new young stars' teams: Edmonton and Toronto?  That makes a lot more sense if showcasing the league is important.

Vancouver and Los Angeles have two of the biggest per capita (and general) Chinese populations in all of North America, and thus probably have some of the largest followings in China. Good chance that is why they were chosen. 

11 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

D. Sedin - H, Sedin - Gagner

Baertschi - Horvat - Boucher

Eriksson - Burmistrov - Vanek

Granlund - Sutter - Dorsett

Not a bad lineup at all.

Don't like Granlund on the 4th with Dorsett and Sutter. Is that really the best place for our 2nd best goal scorer? I'd swap him with Eriksson, as Sutter and Eriksson looked decent together at times last season.

13 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Thinking of actually getting up and watching.

5 - 3 Canucks

13 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I am. My wife wakes up early and is a bigger Canucks fan than me so there's no doubt we'll be watching. Not sure about the other one though, 12:30 am is a bit of a tough on to stay up to watch, for me anyway. 

12 hours ago, CeeBee51 said:

I'll be watching. Am usually up at 4 or 5 anyway :)

I will be interested to see which posters will be on CDC during the game in real time. I won't be one of them, but will check in at a more civilized hour. After watching Boeser earlier this evening against Calgary I can't help thinking that he should be the one playing with Horvat and Baertschi instead of Boucher. The other change I would make based on pre-season so far would be to put Granlund between Eriksson and Vanek, drop Burmistrov to 13th man, and put Virtanen on the wing with Sutter and Dorsett.

Not sure Jake can keep it up, but he has looked good so far. I am very confident about Boeser, partly because he never looks too excited. He plays at a very sustainable pace -- not like he is making big but unsustainable effort for one shift or one game. He is always good and always plays within himself -- within his comfort zone.

7 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I will be interested to see which posters will be on CDC during the game in real time. I won't be one of them, but will check in at a more civilized hour. After watching Boeser earlier this evening against Calgary I can't help thinking that he should be the one playing with Horvat and Baertschi instead of Boucher. The other change I would make based on pre-season so far would be to put Granlund between Eriksson and Vanek, drop Burmistrov to 13th man, and put Virtanen on the wing with Sutter and Dorsett.

Not sure Jake can keep it up, but he has looked good so far. I am very confident about Boeser, partly because he never looks too excited. He plays at a very sustainable pace -- not like he is making big but unsustainable effort for one shift or one game. He is always good and always plays within himself -- within his comfort zone.

I can't see a Baer-Bo-Boucher line sticking, not if Boeser keeps it up. Green may want to put Boeser with more experienced line mates though who are better defensively, so a line of Loui-Granlund-Boeser or Loui-Sutter-Boeser maybe? Loui's 2 way play could help to shelter Boeser.  The last two games of the preseason are going to be really interesting to watch and see where it all shakes out, maybe something like:

Sedins-Gagner

Baer-Bo-Vanek

Loui-Granny-Boeser

Jake-Sutter-Dorsett 

I do think Jake's conditioning is the real deal and the confidence level is great. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I can't see a Baer-Bo-Boucher line sticking, not if Boeser keeps it up. Green may want to put Boeser with more experienced line mates though who are better defensively, so a line of Loui-Granlund-Boeser or Loui-Sutter-Boeser maybe? Loui's 2 way play could help to shelter Boeser.  The last two games of the preseason are going to be really interesting to watch and see where it all shakes out, maybe something like:

Sedins-Gagner

Baer-Bo-Vanek

Loui-Granny-Boeser

Jake-Sutter-Dorsett 

I do think Jake's conditioning is the real deal and the confidence level is great. 

Your line-up looks good to me. I take your point about Green maybe wanting to put Boeser with more experienced and more defensively reliable line-mates. However, I have not actually seen any defensive weaknesses in Boeser's game. He is not a particularly fast skater, but he is rarely out of position and plays hard (and intelligently) in the D-zone. He has looked better than I expected. I just don't see any real liabilities in his game. He passes well, shoots well (obviously), handles the puck well, checks well, is very good positionally and is very consistent. More than any other Canuck player, watching him this pre-season I find myself saying pretty much every shift -- that is a good play, that is a good play, etc. and almost never saying -- caught out of position, wrong decision, where is he, etc. Hockey IQ counts for a lot and Boeser has it. Also, my apologies for the cliche, but Boeser really is a guy who makes his linemates  better. Everyone looks good when they play with Boeser. 

So, frankly, although you might be right about the line-up and that line-up would be fine with me, I also would not see any harm in putting Boeser with Bo and Baertschi. Either way I am happy. The key point is that Boeser and Virtanen both look to me (so far) like they belong in the NHL.

40 minutes ago, SwissCanucks said:

Going to watch this live, it's only 1:30PM for me, super excited !

(Usually games in Vancouver are at 4:00 AM for me, so now you'll unterstand what it takes to wake up so early to watch your favourite team!)

I don't wake up that early for anything. 

1 hour ago, SwissCanucks said:

Going to watch this live, it's only 1:30PM for me, super excited !

(Usually games in Vancouver are at 4:00 AM for me, so now you'll unterstand what it takes to wake up so early to watch your favourite team!)

Oh yes, good time for us.. everytime, all season long :frantic:

Archived