The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

No. I went to sleep after the "first" episode and my wife watched "ahead". Explained (scolded me) what happened.

Hide contents

The husband's behavior makes a tonne more sense now knowing what happened in the earlier episodes. I still plan to watch them.[/quote]

The earlier episodes, obviously, put everything in context. I love it.

Silicon Valley - Final Season

Overall, thought the final season was really good. Far, far better than the weak season 5. Satisfying ending and realistic to the characters vision and motivations from the start.

That said, the series was never the same after TJ Miller quit the show.

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:05 PM, Monty said:

The Mandalorian - Episode 4

This one was really bad. So far I’d rate the first 4 in this order, from best to worst:

E02

E01

E03

E04

Thing is, E03, after rewatching it, was pretty decent. There was a really cheesy scene at the end, which essentially bumped it down.

But episode 4 was incredibly bad. I don’t want to say unwatchable, because if you’ve started the series, you pretty much have to watch all of them. But it is real sh*tty.

EDIT: Just realized that Bryce Dallas Howard directed this episode. First time directing anything. Doesn’t surprise me now how awful this episode is.

I loved the first 3 episodes, and thought you may have been overstating how bad the episode was...

Nope...it was total Bryce Dallas Howard.

That said, I was talking to a friend of mine's son, who is 13 years-old. He said the 4th episode was his favourite of the series. So I guess it hit the target for some people.

Busy watching Designated Survivor with the wife.  Almost done the second season now. First season was really good, second season dragged for the first half but picked up the second half of the season.

Really wish I had a lot more spare time to watch and get into shows, we have a list of TV shows/movies that we want to watch when the kid goes to bed.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:00 AM, Russ said:

Busy watching Designated Survivor with the wife.  Almost done the second season now. First season was really good, second season dragged for the first half but picked up the second half of the season.

Really wish I had a lot more spare time to watch and get into shows, we have a list of TV shows/movies that we want to watch when the kid goes to bed.

3rd season is on Netflix, at least it is down here.  Was ok.  Fine with this being the last season, though.

Kominsky Method,  Netflix.  8.5

Michael Douglas, Alan Arkin.  Awesome acting, more comedy than drama, but not pure sitcom. Cracks me up, and has interesting stories.   Maybe Grumpy Old Men meets L.A. Story?

Recently started in on season 2.  We're not the binge type, so we take our time.

22 minutes ago, Kragar said:

3rd season is on Netflix, at least it is down here.  Was ok.  Fine with this being the last season, though.

3rd is the last?  We just got 2 episodes in and it seems a little better so far.  I didn't know how long this series could last anyways.

31 minutes ago, Russ said:

3rd is the last?  We just got 2 episodes in and it seems a little better so far.  I didn't know how long this series could last anyways.

Yep, that's it.  Season starts out ok, but seemed to drag a bit.  Is interesting how they handle the campaign of a 3rd party hopeful.  I think it is worth seeing thru, but was ready for it to be over. Enjoy!

5 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

the mandalorian 

ep1: 6.5/10 okay it was alright

ep2: 8.5/10 wow, this is really great, let's see where this can go! ;o

ep3: 5.5/10 er, okay, slight blip but surely it'll get better

ep4: 0/10 why bother with ep5

E05 is ok, but not needed and doesn’t add to the overall story. More of a, “Remember everything about Tatooine?” episode.

Episode 6 is a lot of fun. Really good. Episode 7 is a good penultimate episode, as well.

23 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Into the 4th season of Ray Donovan now. Definite improvements since the first season. Got some good moments that really crack me up. Some decent moving drama at times too. Nothing epic but definitely worth a watch.

They just killed a major character  :(

On Netflix, there are a couple of documentary series... The Toys that Made Us, and The Movies That Made Us.  Between the two series, we have seen 3 episodes so far, and will watch more.

Pretty cool, with all the 60s thru 80s pop culture to reminisce with.

Basically a look into how they came to be, all the stumbling blocks along the way, and interesting interviews with some of the major people involved.

For the movies, they cover Dirty Dancing, Ghostbusters, Home Alone, and Die Hard.  The Toys one has more episodes, including Star Wars, Star Trek, Barbie, Lego, GI Joe.

Enjoy!