The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vadim Shipachyov given permission to seek trade

34 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Vadim Shipachyov is expected to go on unconditional waivers for the purpose of contract termination.

Shipachyov will return to Russia and is likely to rejoin SKA Saint Petersburg.

I’m shocked.

5 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Can we do this with Loui and can return to Boston!

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but does LE have the worst contract in hockey? I know there's a handful of contracts that will end up being bad eventually but all 6 years of LE's contract could turn out to be a massive failure. Are there any contracts out there that we wouldn't trade Loui's for?

25 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but does LE have the worst contract in hockey? I know there's a handful of contracts that will end up being bad eventually but all 6 years of LE's contract could turn out to be a massive failure. Are there any contracts out there that we wouldn't trade Loui's for?

I think Lucic's contract is worse based on the situation the teams are in and being required to pay. It is a lot easier for a team like the Canucks to eat a tough 6 mil contract vs a team like Edmonton who is about to have so much tied up in McDavid, Draisatl, and then RNH as well. 

With that said, both are up there as worst in the league. 

5 hours ago, Tower102 said:

I think Lucic's contract is worse based on the situation the teams are in and being required to pay. It is a lot easier for a team like the Canucks to eat a tough 6 mil contract vs a team like Edmonton who is about to have so much tied up in McDavid, Draisatl, and then RNH as well. 

With that said, both are up there as worst in the league. 

I don't know if it's even close. I don't think we can even debate whether Lucic has earned his contract so far. Obviously he wouldn't have as many points if he played for us but we can't take away from the fact that he's produced offensively and provided some much needed physical play. He's pretty much come just as advertized. We can't say the same about Loui...

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Vadim Shipachyov is expected to go on unconditional waivers for the purpose of contract termination.

Shipachyov will return to Russia and is likely to rejoin SKA Saint Petersburg.

What about their cap hit for the two years?  Surely they are not completely absolved of it?

10 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Dustin Brown’s contract

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Dustin Brown’s contract

Brown had 36 points last year and plays a physical game. He already has 12 points in 12 games this year. Both player's contracts take them until 2021-22. LE has a full no movement. Brown has a limited NTC (can name 8 teams). Brown makes $125K less.

Not even close.

10 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

I don't know if it's even close. I don't think we can even debate whether Lucic has earned his contract so far. Obviously he wouldn't have as many points if he played for us but we can't take away from the fact that he's produced offensively and provided some much needed physical play. He's pretty much come just as advertized. We can't say the same about Loui...

I agree that if Edmonton had the choice of the two they would choose Lucic and his contract over Loui. I was just trying to make the point that the signing of Lucic by Edmonton to that contract was probably a worse decision than us signing Loui, and one that will likely see more consequences. We have the Sedins contracts off the books, and either they don't come back or do but at much lower salaries so we shouldn't really be in cap issues. In 4-5 years from now when we are hopefully starting to contend and our youth guys needing bigger contracts it will hurt but hopefully the cap goes up and it isn't as tough as 6 mil is right now. Meanwhile, Edmonton is in that win mode now (despite this years record), and Lucic's contract is going to hurt them all the way throughout. Also, unlike us, they will have a 12.5 mil and an 8.5 mil contact on their books squeezing the rest of the payroll. 

I want to be clear I am not defending the signing of Loui, I think this was a big miss by Benning, but one of few for what he has done. If looking strictly based on money owed and performance, Loui is definitely one of the worst. But how it effects the team that signed them, I think Lucic is more damaging. 

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

Brown had 36 points last year and plays a physical game. He already has 12 points in 12 games this year. Both player's contracts take them until 2021-22. LE has a full no movement. Brown has a limited NTC (can name 8 teams). Brown makes $125K less.

Not even close.

Louie has a NMC during the first 2 years of his deal...that ends this summer.

Then 2 years of NTC.

Then he has to submit a list of 15 teams he wont go to.

38 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Vadim Shipachyov was not placed on unconditional waivers today.

Shipachyov is required by the CBA to pay back his $2 million signing bonus before the process can begin.

The guy should just go to the AHL collect his millions and dominate. If he does that he will be back in the NHL rather quickly. I don't know who advised him to sit out but that doesn't help anything. 

13 hours ago, coryberg said:

The guy should just go to the AHL collect his millions and dominate. If he does that he will be back in the NHL rather quickly. I don't know who advised him to sit out but that doesn't help anything. 

Finding a new agent might not be a bad idea either.

Archived