The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Multiple rebuild orientated trades

Been thinking about some of these for a while.

Sutter(25%retained)

for 

Max Jones+ Bieska(assuming he waives, best chance is he waives for vancouver as we'd welcome him back with open arms)

This trade helps Anaheims depth offensively and gives them a deep position at centre.

Tanev

for

Liljegrin+2nd (preferable)

or

Puljujarvi+2nd

Good for toronto or edmonton as it makes them a cup contender. Good for us as we are in a rebuild and need top talents such as these

____+1st 

for

Dahlin (2018 undoubtably #1 draft pick)

We should trade almost whatever it takes to move up in the draft because Canucks luck won't give us 1st overall pick lol

Guddy+Vanek

for

Petrovic+Haapala+4th

These trades leave the team a little weaker currently but sets you up for the future

If we're trading up for Dahlin, we can expect to move at least two, probably three of Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, Demko and/or Juolevi in addition to other prime assets as well like Tanev, our 2018 1st, our 2019 1st, etc. 

Nobody's going to trade down from first overall this year unless you absolutely ransack a team of all their prime young pieces. and even that may not be enough considering the future implications it would have on their cap. 

3 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

If we're trading up for Dahlin, we can expect to move at least two, probably three of Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, Demko and/or Juolevi in addition to other prime assets as well like Tanev, our 2018 1st, our 2019 1st, etc. 

Nobody's going to trade down from first overall this year unless you absolutely ransack a team of all their prime young pieces. and even that may not be enough considering the future implications it would have on their cap. 

I wouldn't say it would cost that much but yes the cost may be high. Potentially Gaudette+1st may do it

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

I wouldn't say it would cost that much but yes the cost may be high. Potentially Gaudette+1st may do it

Not even close, like was said, Dahlin is gonna cost us at minimum 2 of our high end young players and a first round pick value wise (considering the first is mid round).

11 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Tanev

for

Liljegrin+2nd (preferable)

or

Puljujarvi+2nd

Good for toronto or edmonton as it makes them a cup contender.

Have you seen the standings?   Tanev isn't making the Coil contenders.  They're tanking for Dalhen and with their luck will probably land him lol.

7 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Imagine getting liljegrin without giving up tanev because a veteran D like Tanev would round out that top 4 with perfection.

Ya but the time we are ready to compete for a cup tanev is going to be in his 30s. In my mind makes more sense to get a young RD version now when his value is high.

Juolevi-Liljegrin

Tryamkin-Stetcher

Pouliot-Chatfield(our new tanev)

Could be a damn good line up. Hoping tryamkin comes back but if he doesn't we definitly still have a hole in our top 4. In my mind we need a 1st line LW, top 2RD and top 4 LD and we will be set to compete.

7 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Ya but the time we are ready to compete for a cup tanev is going to be in his 30s. In my mind makes more sense to get a young RD version now when his value is high.

Juolevi-Liljegrin

Tryamkin-Stetcher

Could be a damn good line up. Hoping tryamkin comes back but if he doesn't we definitly still have a hole in our top 4. In my mind we need a 1st line LW, top 2RD and top 4 LD and we will be set to compete.

Where's Guddy, and his toughness?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Where's Guddy, and his toughness?  

I think Guddy is traded this year whether people like it or not. He was almost traded once so won't be surprised if he is. In my mind I don't think he's worth the money he wants and we can't keep tying money up in guys that don't produce there moneys worth

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎26 at 12:14 PM, RetroCanuck said:

Juolevi-Liljegrin

Tryamkin-Stetcher

That's why we sign Kane in the offseason, top line LW. Trade Guddy at the deadline for that up and coming top 4 RHD

Archived