The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Failed Suicide Bombing Attack In NYC Subway Passage

SabreFan1

1 minute ago, ReggieBush said:

Scum.

Thank god no one was hurt. I have a question for y'all, does hearing about attacks like his turn you away from visiting where they have occurred?

It would be pointless to be afraid.  They can happen anywhere.  NYC is just a smart place for terrorists to do it because of the population density there.  The U.S. is much too big of a country to worry about terrorists hitting every metro area.

Here in Buffalo, our terrorist wanna-be's lived in Lackawanna just outside of South Buffalo.  They got busted years ago and the FBI has kept an eye on the area ever since.

25 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I have a question for y'all, does hearing about attacks like his turn you away from visiting where they have occurred?

It doesn't make me avoid specific places per se (I stayed at Mandalay Bay in Vegas just weeks after the shooting there) but it does make me a little more cognizant of my surroundings, emergency exits and whatnot. 

If we allow ourselves to live in fear then we are letting them win. That's the terror aspect. I refuse to fear living my life to its fullest. 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

You're not touching 72 virgins in the afterlife with that burnt hot dog champ!

:lol:

This should be a fun thread to revisit in a day or two

Nobody was killed.  The only injuries that have been reported so far are ringing in the ears and headaches.  The thread most likely won't last very long..... Unless of course Trump says something stupid.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Nobody was killed.  The only injuries that have been reported so far are ringing in the ears and headaches.  The thread most likely won't last very long..... Unless of course Trump says something stupid.

You actually expect Trump to not say something completely ridiculous about this?

Just now, Fateless said:

You actually expect Trump to not say something completely ridiculous about this?

I'm waiting for it.  It's just that there's a build-up of certain tolerance on his statements now.  He'll have to go the extra mile if he wants to surprise or shock anybody this time around.

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You're not touching 72 virgins in the afterlife with that burnt hot dog champ!

:lol:

This should be a fun thread to revisit in a day or two

the jokes on them, the 72 virgins are guys like this fool. 

48 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Scum.

Thank god no one was hurt. I have a question for y'all, does hearing about attacks like his turn you away from visiting where they have occurred?

Depends. You talking about a specific area in a city, the whole city, or the country?

I had an opportunity to visit Sri Lanka in 2006. The country wasn't in shambles, but safety could not be guaranteed as they were still in the middle (although we now know it was nearing the end) of civil war. Attacks like public bombings were not uncommon, so my vested interest in not being a bus bomb casualty or more generally caught up in any crossfire kept me from taking a friends offer to visit and have a personalized inside tour of the country. 

The only regret I harbour is of not meeting new friends who would have been excited to show me their country, their local remote beautiful beaches famous for surfing, and eating their spicy spicy food. I have nothing to regret about not visiting a place that, rightly or wrongly, has rebels bombing/killing civilians to further their cause. I only wish the country had settled down much more before my opportunity arose because I really wanted to go. I still do.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Scum.

Why would it? I'm way more likely to die driving to the airport here on my way to New York or wherever than I am dying from a terrorist.

Archived