The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

39 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Why did the ref have his arm up after Virtanen hit?

I really have no clue. He was on his feet, drove with his shoulder, had both feet on the ice gliding into that hit.

Tough one to swallow for sure. 

Cos he rode into the hit with a vertical lance and connected to the predators face.

How are people not seeing this or ignoring it.

wow.

35 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Your opinions on discipline are telling as to why you always so snotty.  

For the record yes I hope Greener layed into  a few spankings in "the room" after this one.

I can’t beat this sinus infection.lol.

yeah, I take care of private  matters in private and don’t air my dirty laundry for the world to see.

On a business level  My employees don’t need to be embarrassed in front of customers/clients  for me to motivate them or correct bad habits..

1 minute ago, combover said:

yeah, I take care of private  matters in private and don’t air my dirty laundry for the world to see.

On a business level  My employees don’t need to be embarrassed in front of customers for me to motivate them or correct bad habits..

Disapointment from someone you trust is far more effective than yelling screaming and making a scene. 

Scenes make for better entertainment though.  Torts was an idiot here, but he was an entertaining idiot.

46 minutes ago, combover said:

Really love how he backs his players publicly. The best way to build loyalty confindence and trust.

behind closed doors might be different and that’s the right way. 

I agree.

And the thing about goaltenders - Nilsson did not let in any of those goals via a lack of effort.

Crap happens - that first goal was on a trajectory to hit the glass well above the net, but it had nothing behind it and dipped half way to the net.  He clearly lost sight of it for some reason / lost the changing trajectory on the puck and it dipped over his shoulder.  There's no point questioning him.    Plays like that are outliers.    And likewise on the center-ice shot that he redirected into his own net - crap happens - it's not a lack of effort or even attention - it's happens to any goaltender - or catcher - sometimes the puck/ball simply crosses you up.

I have every confidence in Nilsson - some nights he looks like there is simply no way a puck is getting behind him.  Last night was a just bloody gongshow accross the board - straight out of the twilight zone.  Every goaltender, every team has those nights, even with reasonable lineups.  Right now our goaltenders would have to outright steal games and that can't necessarily be expected.  Good for Green for not making anything of it.

1 hour ago, Tyndall2 said:

My question is that yes Green is trying not to throw anyone under the bus and have his players play fundamental hockey, but, where are the leaders in the dressing room calling out the laziness, lack of hustle and not reacting when cheap shots were thrown their way by Hartnell and Co.   The Vancouver Giants would have jumped the boards and made Hartnell's life miserable.  Canucks need to seriously look in the mirror and maybe start looking at bringing the big Russian back for next season.  He won't solve everything but the likes of Hartnell won't be standing at the end of the game for antics like that.

I'd imagine they keep that stuff in the dressing room and out of the public.

1 minute ago, combover said:

On a business level  My employees don’t need to be embarrassed in front of customers for me to motivate them or correct bad habits..

Disapointment from someone you trust is far more effective than yelling screaming and making a scene. 

Lol they are hockey players not baristas. Someone in the room has to have some snarl. Do some shouting flip a table. The response in this game after last game shows its time to take the mittins off because yer getting nobodies attention on the high rd.

17 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Lol they are hockey players not baristas. Someone in the room has to have some snarl. Do some shouting flip a table. The response in this game after last game shows its time to take the mittins off because yer getting nobodies attention on the high rd.

I wish I had baristas Maybe then I could get one them to make a decent pot of coffee.lol.      

maybe if I yell and screem and embarrass them (and myself)they will or maybe they spit in it....different but the same.

This team is down and out kicking this horse now will just make sure it doesn’t get up.

The glue dorsett and the heart Horvat have been removed every player on the team knows they have to be better I don’t think it’s one of those time to kick the garbage can across the room.

We have mishmash of different puzzle pieces that don’t fit.

25 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I agree and disagree.

I agree it was a penalty.  The hit itself is not the problem - his stick was definitely up and worse he carried it through in a way that is going to draw a penalty 100% of the time regardless of the result.  The opposing angle clearly show it.  If it's the stick that drew blood then a 4 minute double minor is fair enough.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your post and the editorializing.

I love you man but this is one of your specialties.

I don't think this is anywhere near suspendable

Me neither 

- and no, i wouldn't applaud Subban's response regardless of who it was.   He should have fronted Virtanen and dropped the gloves.

My point was, Subban did something.  We never do.  I'm not saying it is my favour response but it was a response.

And regardless, Nashville more than earned the response from Virtanen, which was the principle point.   Surprised to hear you apologizing for Subban as if his and his team-mates antics weren't inviting a response.   Pathetic fist-pumping from Subban after scoring two weak goals - one floating sinker and one shot from center, going wide, that Nilsson essentially redirected into his own net.  Jordan must be infinitely honoured that those goals were for him lol    His weak response to Virtanen and his post game chirping - nope, wouldn't be applauding a whiff of it.  His team-mates as well - new agers hamming it up at 6 and 7-1...Nothing to do with 'homerism' - I simply don't have much regard for any of that fist pumping, chirping or his weak response to Jake. 

Agree but I'm not 100% sure and I don't know how anyone could be sure, that jake hitting emelin had anything to do with any of that.

secondly if jake or anyone had a problem with Nashville antics they could have answered that bell any time rather than with 5 minutes remaining assuming jake was making amends....and why target emelin and not pk?

as far as the homerism comment goes I said it in relation to posts claiming the hit was clean. But honestly, whining about the way the preds responded to jakes hit falls under the same category imo....

with your tuned eye for the game I doubt you don't see all the fly bys we do every tonight and the zero pushback when any of our players get run.  Is it really all on dorsett?!?!?!?

mdz must have watched the Daniel Marchand video and literally pretended hartnell didn't exist after he was jabbed in the face in front of his own bench.

but ya.  Hartnell is the bad guy.  Please. He's doing his job as an NHL player.  

ive been in this teams corner this whole season. I've enjoyed watching a lot of positive growth, but seeing this reminds how far this team is from legitimately being competitive in every sense of the word.

12 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Cos he rode into the hit with a vertical lance and connected to the predators face.

How are people not seeing this or ignoring it.

wow.

Also couldn't see the blood dripping from his face. It should have been a four. They gave Jake a roughing instead.

Hockey seems to ramp up in intensity every 13 games or so in the season. Things are going to get tougher and the guys are going to have to put on their big boy pants and stop waiting for someone to rescue them. Attention to defensive detail is more important than cheating for a possible offensive chances. we got burned by that last night. Hopefully the team learns from that and do their jobs on both sides of the play.

Benning acquires Dorsett and Gudbranson and all we heard out of half of the fanbase was whining about having moved a pick and/or prospect.

When Benning makes a move to add some more toughness to the lineup, I won't be listening to a whimper out of it. 

Is it unclear to anyone still why those guys were added?

Not sure what people are expecting in their absence though.   Sedins, Edler, Tanev, Gagner, Vanek - not suitable replacements - don't have that versatility built into their ability.

Clear void of toughness in the remaining group - but not in the original group.

Benning makes a reasonable enough move for Dowd - the kind of low price most can accept in a transition year - but even that is met with complaints - and clearly, it wasn't enough, it was simply an incremental move.  Not a wise move to work from a position of weakness though so I don't expect desperation overspending - I'd prefer to see the team promote from within if something reasonable can't be found.

I won't be surprised if he's another level of determined to change the mix though.   My guess would be that Burmistrov's remaining minutes here are numbered.- that spinorama at 5-1 last night might have sealed it if it were me, but my impression is that he doesn't seem to work with his linemates in general.  One of those veteran depth guys will have to give way to bring some toughness imo.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

It doesn't matter what they say publicly or in the room...It's the response on the ice that matters. Question is, who is going to respond? it had been this way for years now.  We think having one of two guys (Dorset, Guddy) makes us more intimidating or tougher. It doesn't really. Look at this line up!! Hartnell skated past a whole group of our players, slapping them in the face after assaulting one of our kids and they all just hung their heads and did nothing. Thd culture of this team was set when marchand bitch slapped our star in 2011 and has not changed.  Turn the other cheek is still the mantra.  Is it any wonder that teams take liberties and that Tanev is being constantly run hard and injured? 

Canucks have taken soft to new heights. They don't hit, fight or even push back when confronted. They looked like a dog crawling off with its tail between it's legs at the end of last night's display.  

I don't know why the focus shifted to how tough we are. We were never winning because of physical intimidation or by trading chances. We won by outworking the other team and working as a team. Once players try to do it all themselves, it falls apart. That happened even when we were healthy.

3 minutes ago, combover said:

I wish I had baristas Maybe then I could get one them to make a decent pot of coffee.lolmaybe if I yell and scream and embarrass them they will or maybe they spit in it.

This team is down and out kicking this horse now will just make sure it doesn’t get up.

The glue dorsett and the heart Horvat have been removed every player on the team knows they have to be better I don’t think it’s one of those time to kick the garbage can across the room.

We have mishmash of different puzzle pieces that don’t fit.

So he should rub their backs throw some Bob Marley on tell dont worry about a thing every lil thing is gonna be alright. Just gotta try and try ....... Maybe do some trust falls and go play blindfolded dodgeball. They lost 5- 1 last game is a dismal effort if their ears weren't ringing from that they should be now. 

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I love you man but this is one of your specialties.

Me neither 

My point was, Subban did something.  We never do.  I'm not saying it is my favour response but it was a response.

Agree but I'm not 100% sure and I don't know how anyone could be sure, that jake hitting emelin had anything to do with any of that.

secondly if jake or anyone had a problem with Nashville antics they could have answered that bell any time rather than with 5 minutes remaining assuming jake was making amends....and why target emelin and not pk?

as far as the homerism comment goes I said it in relation to posts claiming the hit was clean. But honestly, whining about the way the preds responded to jakes hit falls under the same category imo....

with your tuned eye for the game I doubt you don't see all the fly bys we do every tonight and the zero pushback when any of our players get run.  Is it really all on dorsett?!?!?!?

mdz must have watched the Daniel Marchand video and literally pretended hartnell didn't exist after he was jabbed in the face in front of his own bench.

but ya.  Hartnell is the bad guy.  Please. He's doing his job as an NHL player.  

ive been in this teams corner this whole season. I've enjoyed watching a lot of positive growth, but seeing this reminds how far this team is from legitimately being competitive in every sense of the word.

Why should Jake go out of his way to hit anyone in particular - ie why not Subban instead of Emelin?   That's part of the point - he wasn't recklessly chasing a hit - he simply took the opportunity that he should under the circumstances, but should have kept his stick down or out - which he didn't.

This team responds sometimes - ie Dorsett always did, Gudbranson would back down from no-one - guys like Honey Badger didn't stand around after a blindside hit, even after just sustaining a shoulder injury.  

But the current lineup has obviously suffered overlapping multiiples and is extremely weak both down the middle and seriously lacking grit.

I never said a word about Hartnell being a 'bad guy' - I love Hartnell - couldn't care less what he did in a scrum last night - and like I said earlier in this thread, once PK pulls those antics, Hartnell has no choice but to engage and back his team-mates - that is the kind of player he is and I have no problem with that.  In fact, he'd be welcome in this uniform.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Why should Jake go out of his way to hit anyone in particular - ie why not Subban instead of Emelin?   That's part of the point - he wasn't recklessly chasing a hit - he simply took the opportunity that he should under the circumstances, but should have kept his stick down or out - which he didn't.

This team responds sometimes - ie Dorsett always did, Gudbranson would back down from no-one - guys like Honey Badger didn't stand around after a blindside hit, even after just sustaining a shoulder injury.  

But the current lineup has obviously suffered overlapping multiiples and is extremely weak both down the middle and seriously lacking grit.

I never said a word about Hartnell being a 'bad guy' - I love Hartnell - couldn't care less what he did in a scrum last night - and like I said earlier in this thread, once PK pulls those antics, Hartnell has no choice but to engage and back his team-mates - that is the kind of player he is and I have no problem with that.  In fact, he'd be welcome in this uniform.

I thought so.

same here.

this is gonna irritate many. But watching more tape I don't even think what pk did was even a punch.

13 minutes ago, hammertime said:

So he should rub their backs throw some Bob Marley on tell dont worry about a thing every lil thing is gonna be alright. Just gotta try and try ....... Maybe do some trust falls and go play blindfolded dodgeball. They lost 5- 1 last game is a dismal effort if their ears weren't ringing from that they should be now. 

Blindfolded dodge ball sound good, trust falls and back rubs ...I don’t want touch these guys and it opens you up to sexual harassment nowadays.

you act like they don’t care or don’t know that they looked terrible and got embarrassed on every level, you really think one little guy jumpinng up and down having a tatuarum (torts) like a two year old would change that or get them to be more accountable next game.

I just don’t see it that way and to be total honest the younger generation from my experience just shuts down and it becomes very counter productive.

When you have a day day or make a mistake and know it do you need someone to yell in your face embarrass or demoralize you would that really make you try harder if these guys need that then like gagner they shouldn’t be in the nhl.

9 minutes ago, hammertime said:

:lol:

Archived