The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

My thought on this game, Canucks were good tonight, efforts were there but ref helped the Sharks to have a mere point but could be a difference maker at the end of the season considering that we are competing against them for that playoff spot.  I think that we can get this winning streak going if the ref decides to call this game fairly.  Brock is one of the best player for this team so far and is carrying us now with his points per game streak since we lost Horvat to injures. 

I think what happens with these bad refs is they make awful calls for 2 periods (both ways) and then they get to the third period late and figure they just put the whistles away and let’s the chips fall 

it’s been a pattern for who knows how long and it’s maddening because tonight it almost robbed us 

46 minutes ago, J-23 said:

BIEGA is exactly who we need. Responded with a monster hit. Sedins killed it. Dowd>Subban. Gagner is the GOAT. Boeser with another goal. I lost my voice. WOOOOOOOOO!

Biega was awesome. I lost my voice watching him play. The guy was a beast. 

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I think what happens with these bad refs is they make awful calls for 2 periods (both ways) and then they get to the third period late and figure they just put the whistles away and let’s the chips fall 

it’s been a pattern for who knows how long and it’s maddening because tonight it almost robbed us 

I agree.  It is something that the league has been like this for a long time and it's not the way to determine the wins/losses but ref were afraid to put their name on a newspaper like they did in 40's, 50's in that they did that and ref changed their behavior in 3rd period and has been like this ever since.   It is something that a team decides to do many things illegally in 3rd period could cost a team a goal but get away with it.   The problem is the leadership in the official department that refused to makes changes and invented game management and even put that game management wording in the rulebook which is maddening as well.   

8 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

My thought on this game, Canucks were good tonight, efforts were there but ref helped the Sharks to have a mere point but could be a difference maker at the end of the season considering that we are competing against them for that playoff spot.  I think that we can get this winning streak going if the ref decides to call this game fairly.  Brock is one of the best player for this team so far and is carrying us now with his points per game streak since we lost Horvat to injures. 

No, no the Canucks are not.   It would be massive step forward to get to 80ish points this year but this year isn't about points and certainly isn't about playoffs.   Without the injury bug, this team probably wasn't a playoff team and certainly is not now.  What they are is a very competitive team when the play like they did tonight and you are seeing great development from some of the younger players.   That what this season is all about and more games like tonight is the goal.

So happy with that game and effort, awesome.

Sharks were lucky to even get to OT.

Vintage Sedins

Boeser was Boeser

Edler had one of his "horse games"

the Bulldog was flying 

Granlund got it done 

Gagner finally made an impact 

Vanek looked great 

really hope we follow up this with another strong effort against Calgary

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No, no the Canucks are not.   It would be massive step forward to get to 80ish points this year but this year isn't about points and certainly isn't about playoffs.   Without the injury bug, this team probably wasn't a playoff team and certainly is not now.  What they are is a very competitive team when the play like they did tonight and you are seeing great development from some of the younger players.   That what this season is all about and more games like tonight is the goal.

3 points out of wildcard at this point.  If the Canucks is able to get a winning streak to 4 to 5 games in a row in Horvat's absence, we'd be in a good spot for rest of the season so we'll see how we do in the rest of the month before conceding the season for lottery draft.   With the way the Canucks is playing against the Sharks, we can do better than what we just did for a week when we lost to those top teams in the western conference.   

4 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

3 points out of wildcard at this point.  If the Canucks is able to get a winning streak to 4 to 5 games in a row in Horvat's absence, we'd be in a good spot for rest of the season so we'll see how we do in the rest of the month before conceding the season for lottery draft.   With the way the Canucks is playing against the Sharks, we can do better than what we just did for a week when we lost to those top teams in the western conference.   

A nice thought but I don't believe it is a realistic goal given their schedule that is coming up, their current health issues and just that they are not yet "ready" and many teams in the West are in advanced stages of their cycle (even those on the decline).   I think it will be an interesting season of growth but they will have more downs and losing streaks - just the way it is with a team in this stage of their cycle.   

Archived