The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Vancouver & Toronto- Draft Day Deal

Bettman will be calling out "we have a deal..."  Vancouver deals Tanev, Granlund, and a 2nd for Kadri and their 1st. Mark my words. JB will sign E.Kane as well, and the canucks will land the 1st overall pick in the 2018 entry draft. Sedins don't comeback- thank god... and Gaudette, Dahlen, and Petersson all make the team next year.

Kadri scores 30 goals and plays against the hardest competition so that Matthews doesn't have to. And he is signed for 4.5M for the next four seasons after this one. Can't see them trading him without getting a replacement that is just as good. 

32 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

Bettman will be calling out "we have a deal..."  Vancouver deals Tanev, Granlund, and a 2nd for Kadri and their 1st. Mark my words. JB will sign E.Kane as well, and the canucks will land the 1st overall pick in the 2018 entry draft. Sedins don't comeback- thank god... and Gaudette, Dahlen, and Petersson all make the team next year.

Sedins are 2nd and 3rd in scoring on the Canucks. Not really sure where the hate for them comes from.

Also Toronto isn't moving Kadri. 30 goal scorer that is defensively sound, aggravates the other team, signed to a sweet contract? No way

30 minutes ago, HockeydownUnder said:

Sedins are 2nd and 3rd in scoring on the Canucks. Not really sure where the hate for them comes from.

Also Toronto isn't moving Kadri. 30 goal scorer that is defensively sound, aggravates the other team, signed to a sweet contract? No way

Agreed with the bolded part. And I don’t want Kadri anywhere near this team. 

1 hour ago, captaincowbasher said:

Right you are. Your words have been duly noted. Cheers.

2 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

On the fence with Kane, he very well could put up 30 this year, get his lengthy extension and coast like he did in his last deal. The only time he hit 30 was on a contract year then he didn’t score more than 20 for 5 seasons 

51 minutes ago, canucksrock!88 said:

On the fence with Kane, he very well could put up 30 this year, get his lengthy extension and coast like he did in his last deal. The only time he hit 30 was on a contract year then he didn’t score more than 20 for 5 seasons 

No to Kane ,dressing room poison .

Why would we need Kadri?  He's a solid role player but,

1) He's an ass

2) We already have lots of guys capable of playing center.  Pettersson will probably be our #1 center in a few years, then there is Horvat for the 2nd, Sutter for the 3rd or 4th, and presumably Gaudette will be either 3rd or 4th.  

So basically, you want us to "mark your words" that we are going to further deplete our defense in favour of getting a forward we don't need.  Sure.

4 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

I wouldn't label it as hate. This is an unfair tactic.

I would call it realism, this team needs a culture change and the Sedins are the culture that needs to change.

41 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I wouldn't label it as hate. This is an unfair tactic.

I would call it realism, this team needs a culture change and the Sedins are the culture that needs to change.

Hate may be a strong word. The thank god part made it sounds as though they had a strong dislike.

What is it about the Sedins and the culture they bring that needs to change in your mind

6 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

OK, your words are hereby marked.   

I'd give you a D with a potential for a C- if you drop the Sedin hate and stick to the trade that will never happen.

7 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

I know but these are the type of players this team needs

Are they now? Or are they players people like you desire more than anything? The later does not necessarily translate to the former.

1 hour ago, HockeydownUnder said:

Hate may be a strong word. The thank god part made it sounds as though they had a strong dislike.

What is it about the Sedins and the culture they bring that needs to change in your mind

I'll put it this way......when you have something in your home that is old and doesn't work very well, do you keep using it or should you go out and find something that is newer and shinier and is capable of doing twice as much work? Depends if you are a hoarder r not I guess.

Bottom line is that most people in Vancouver knew all along and it became absolutely evident in about 2012 that Vancouver will never win a Stanley Cup with the Sedins as the best players on the team. I love sentimentality but in professional business you need to be able to but ties and move on from things that are no longer productive. 

Regarding the culture, this is one where you can always turn the other cheek, let the other team beat the sh*t out of you or even one of your team mates and think you can get them on the powerplay and win the game. In the West Coast Express days this team played tough tough hockey, the Sedins were young and seeed to skirt around the play in those days. Prior to that, the great team of 94 were even tougher and fun to watch, these guys never backed down from anyone and could elevate their game to run the other team out of the rink. 

17 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I'll put it this way......when you have something in your home that is old and doesn't work very well, do you keep using it or should you go out and find something that is newer and shinier and is capable of doing twice as much work? Depends if you are a hoarder r not I guess.

Bottom line is that most people in Vancouver knew all along and it became absolutely evident in about 2012 that Vancouver will never win a Stanley Cup with the Sedins as the best players on the team. I love sentimentality but in professional business you need to be able to but ties and move on from things that are no longer productive. 

Regarding the culture, this is one where you can always turn the other cheek, let the other team beat the sh*t out of you or even one of your team mates and think you can get them on the powerplay and win the game. In the West Coast Express days this team played tough tough hockey, the Sedins were young and seeed to skirt around the play in those days. Prior to that, the great team of 94 were even tougher and fun to watch, these guys never backed down from anyone and could elevate their game to run the other team out of the rink. 

Sedins are 2nd and 3rd in production on the Canucks. By that logic everyone not named Boeser should be removed from the team.

Would I like to have players that are better than the Sedins? Of course. Unless Tavares is somehow convinced to sign with the Canucks that just isn't going to happen.

People suggest signing Kane. Kane has had one season where he has gotten 57 points. His highest total asides from that is 43 points. Sedins already have 43 and 48 points a piece on the season. I wouldn't mind Kane if his cap hit was reasonable but I have a feeling he will get a fairly large pay day.

So do we spend assets on acquiring better players? I really hope we don't unless it's some help on the backend. The forwards should remain similar to what they are until Pettersson, Gaudette, Dahlen and Lind are able to make the jump.

As for tough hockey, how many people wanted to sign Lucic because he plays tough hockey? Sure players that are willing to play a physical game and stick up for team mates have value in this league. It is for this reason that Gudbranson has a job in the NHL.  You don't need your star players being big physical guys though. Aside from the Bruins and LA, the past Stanley cup winners have won with skilled players who didn't necessarily drop the gloves.

I have high hopes for Glagovich. I think he has the size and ability to play a heavy forechecking game for the Canucks

Archived