The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Adam Gaudette

17 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Really happy Gaudette signed

but, there is always  a but!

But, it bothers me that he took #88 , because it sends a message that we are moving on from Tryamkin, at least it says to Tryamkin that we are not respecting his jersey number....and while this might not matter to the Canucks or our fan base, it might send the wrong message to an asset that we would like to have back.......

Of course they may already know he is not coming back, or are trading his rights.............

I know a lot of you don't care, but maybe Tryamkin will......

A reminder to you all, that he was a great prospect/1st year player...........if we could get him back, I would surely take him

'8' is taken and he wears '8' so '88' was available and the next best choice........has nothing to do with Tryamkin.

20 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Another fan favourite.........hard-working, mature, likeable young man.

I just hope he hangs out with Brock and Bo vs. Hutton and Virt  ;) 

Not aware of players' personal life... what's wrong with Hutton and Virt?

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

#Canucks have 5 games remaining this season. If newly signed forward Adam Gaudette plays in all 5 of those games he'll earn a $25,000 games played bonus. It would result in the college star earning $175,685 ($58,185 base + $92,500 SB + $25,000 GP) for his 13 day 2017-18 season.

and that, as much as I wanted him to, is the reason he was never, ever going to sign and ATO with the Comets

On 3/26/2018 at 10:55 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Does this mean Chris Tanev will be traded before Nikita Tryamkin returns and then Gaudette can switch over to #8? 

Ah, but that's the real reason Tryamkin left, he couldn't get number 8, and it'll be written into his contract when he returns! B)

Archived