The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Bring back Daniel Rahimi

Watching the SHL playoffs and how well Pettersson is doing I've taken notice to other players including our past prospect Daniel Rahimi.

I know the guy isn't young anymore, but he's been a defensive stalwart for Växjö and contributes offensively, plus he's a big guy.

I'd like to give him a tryout just to see.

Uh, he's 30. Not sure it's worth it. It would be a weird story if he came back after being drafted by us in 2006 but as it stands, our defense is log jammed by young guys so I don't see how he fits. Rahimi also only seems to thrive in the SHL. Last year in the NLA, he only had 4 A's (no G's) and seems to only thrive in the SHL (his last 3 SHL seasons consisted of him getting 14 points per season, not including playoffs).

The VAXJO d-man that I'd like the Canucks to make a run on is Joel Persson. Yeah, he's 24 but he's still young enough to make an impact if signed this summer. This year has also been his big SHL debut. Honestly, he's the d-man the Canucks should be gunning for.

22 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

More realistic to ask: Bring back Linden Vey? He did score a ppg in the KHL.

But again I wouldn't bring back Linden Vey. 

Actual I would be open to the idea of giving Vey another chance. He may be in the proper head space now to actually play. Would be worth a PTO at least.

3 hours ago, Quantum said:

Uh, he's 30. Not sure it's worth it. It would be a weird story if he came back after being drafted by us in 2006 but as it stands, our defense is log jammed by young guys so I don't see how he fits. Rahimi also only seems to thrive in the SHL. Last year in the NLA, he only had 4 A's (no G's) and seems to only thrive in the SHL (his last 3 SHL seasons consisted of him getting 14 points per season, not including playoffs).

The VAXJO d-man that I'd like the Canucks to make a run on is Joel Persson. Yeah, he's 24 but he's still young enough to make an impact if signed this summer. This year has also been his big SHL debut. Honestly, he's the d-man the Canucks should be gunning for.

I guess you could say he is a Persson of interest. 

Speaking of Persson his trajectory is interesting. He put up really good SHL numbers despite playing in the Tier 3 last year (the same league we found Edler out of, a league below Allvesken). That is like jumping up from the ECHL to the NHL and putting up good numbers. A buddy of mine played there it is pretty garbage hockey, even lower than the ECHL. 

I'd take a chance on him, second highest scoring dman in the league. Holm did really well in the NHL and put up far lower numbers in the SHL. 

Archived