• Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2018 at 11:00 PM

2 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

Fair enough but the league should look at changing that. It’s one thing to lose a stick it’s another for a goaltender to lose a skate blade. 

Maybe.

When any other players skate blade breaks they can get off the ice albeit slowly. The goalie does not have that ability. I think blowing the whistle when the Goalies team regains possession could be the solution.

1 minute ago, AV's Coin said:

Maybe.

When any other players skate blade breaks they can get off the ice albeit slowly. The goalie does not have that ability. I think blowing the whistle when the Goalies team regains possession could be the solution.

Ya that might work I mean it’s a lot different to have a regular player without a skate as opposed to a goaltender. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to ADF: (A1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (A2) Boston Bruins | Bruins lead series 1-0

This situation reminds me a little of 2011 when fans here were hoping we'd lose a game in Boston assuming we could then win the cup at home. Like how most everyone around here was rooting against the Leafs because they assumed the Bruins would get crushed by the Lightning. Well, things can definitely still turn around but so far it's not looking too good.

Moral of the story is - Never cheer for Boston.

On 27/04/2018 at 8:05 PM, oldnews said:

The Bruins top line will be facing this though:

Hedman Girardi

McDonagh Stralman

Coburn Sergachev

The blueline of a contender

instead of

Reilly Hainsey

Gardiner Zaitsev

Dermott Polak

The blueline of a pretender.

Coburn and Girardi are very suspect at this point in their careers, and Sergachev isn't trusted for regular shifts yet, though he's been very ok.

I don't think people are giving the Bruins depth enough credit. Their top line is just as skilled as Tampa's and with a little bit of sandpaper and Selke trophies mixed in that Tampa can't boast. Then they've got Debrusk Backes Krejci Heinen Nash to go up against Gourde Johnson Point Palat Killorn. Kunitz and Callahan need to provide an edge on that 4th line.

The Lightning have not been tight enough defensively for half the season and if they get sucked into the Bruins antics and start taking penalties and having to open up to play catch up hockey they're going to be in trouble.

2 hours ago, cbdoubleu said:

Coburn and Girardi are very suspect at this point in their careers, and Sergachev isn't trusted for regular shifts yet, though he's been very ok.

I don't think people are giving the Bruins depth enough credit. Their top line is just as skilled as Tampa's and with a little bit of sandpaper and Selke trophies mixed in that Tampa can't boast. Then they've got Debrusk Backes Krejci Heinen Nash to go up against Gourde Johnson Point Palat Killorn. Kunitz and Callahan need to provide an edge on that 4th line.

The Lightning have not been tight enough defensively for half the season and if they get sucked into the Bruins antics and start taking penalties and having to open up to play catch up hockey they're going to be in trouble.

It's not about not crediting Boston's top line (I pump their tires all the time) - it is a deadly line - it's about pointing out that Boston is facing a stronger opponent (albeit game 1 was misrepresentative imo).   It's Boston's 2nd line - with the exception of DeBruk -  that needed to wake up.  Nash was a passenger in the first series, and Krejci's production was misleading.

I agree that the Tampa forward group needs to play a better two way game - that is probably their achilles.  What makes you believe Coburn, ofr example, is 'suspect'?  

Archived