The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel and Henrik Sedin named King Clancy Trophy Finalists

Adarsh Sant

Nice to see them nominated for the leadership award that matters.

No player has ever won the King Clancy twice before, so if the twins share this award, Henrik would sort of be the first player to ever win it twice (He won it in 2016).

Also, given the fact that they were nominated together, I think there's a very high chance they take this home.

Given that they're nominated together it'd be a huge surprise if they don't take this award home. They've never been flashy about it and they've tried to keep it under the radar but what they've done for BC over their careers is nothing short of amazing. This is likely just another feather in their cap, and a well deserved one at that.

It definitely seems like they are most likely to bring home the award.

It is a nice gesture regardless and it means they get to go to Vegas and spend a last night with their peers getting their goodbyes.  

It seemed like it meant a lot to them to get the recognition from the opposing teams.  Without winning a Cup, getting to look back and see how well you were respected around the league will mean a lot.

• 1 month later...

Just an interesting point which doesn't deserve a thread of it's own but did anyone else notice the height difference between Brock and the Twins in the Clancy photo.

Strangely all 3 are quoted at 6'-1" but there is no way that Brock is the same height as the twins, by my guess I would say there is almost 2" difference. I have always thought the Sedins look taller than 6'-1" so it could be that Brock IS 6'-1" and the Sedins are closer to 6'-3"

Well done to Daniel and Henrik for winning such a prestigious trophy. They deserved it and looking at that video I wish they could come back next season at 25 years old again.

Archived