The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(The Province Article) Preaching Patience and Selling Hope

Tre Mac

Maybe I am being too positive, but I think the Canucks will be better in the 18/19 season.  They looked good toward the end of the year, and I think some of the players, like Hutton will play with something to prove. 

I would add an offensive player or two to help support the loss of the Sedins, but I prefer Benning wait for the big fish to sign first, then see what is available like Vanek was last year.  

And give Horvat the C.

No to trading any draft picks , sell vets for picks sign free agents d-men and centers to replace the void, Moore, Cole, Folin types. Centers, Nash Beagle, types. Plug some holes let the kids play . Get some toughness in the line up to protect the kids. Reeves extra......   

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd still like to see him signed, even if its to be brought up from Utica every now and then. 

meh. I'd consider offering him an ahl contract to help support the youth there, but no more. 

17 minutes ago, WiseOne said:

Maybe I am being too positive, but I think the Canucks will be better in the 18/19 season.  They looked good toward the end of the year, and I think some of the players, like Hutton will play with something to prove. 

I think anything can happen, either a wild card birth or last place would not be surprising to me.   And I hope Hutton can turn it around, it's hard not to root for that guy.

8 minutes ago, tas said:

meh. I'd consider offering him an ahl contract to help support the youth there, but no more. 

Green lives the guy.  I thought he was better last year than ever.  Still provides some grit that we won't otherwise have.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Green lives the guy.  I thought he was better last year than ever.  Still provides some grit that we won't otherwise have.

he was better for about 2.5 games, and then faded into the background like he did in '13-'14. 

16 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Imagine if we could trade cap space for picks. Give certain teams in the east some breathing space for 1st or 2nd rd picks :P

Why consider that concept a fantasy? 

:)

It has been done before and proposed on here by several posters, myself included. 

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Why consider that concept a fantasy? 

:)

It has been done before and proposed on here by several posters, myself included. 

I haven't seen it done in a while. It used to be an old school thing. No terms on contracts, just $ for 1 year for picks

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its interesting that they're waiting on Archie... they must have some other guys in mind to target in free agency. 

I'd FAR sooner add Roussel, Reaves etc.

So can we officially stop with all the 'They're going to go for the quick fix' panic now CDC?

Archived