The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2018 NHL Awards

I know its fun to make fun of Edmonton for trading Hall, but I still have a hard time seeing him take the Hart over MacKinnon. MacKinnon drove that offense as the centreman and had an amazing season. You can make a case for all three guys, but I still think MacKinnon was by far the most important player on his team. He had a career defining regular season and I expect even more from him next year.

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hall - McDavid - Barzal

Thank god that line never became a reality...

Damn the speed and skill on that line would be scary. Lol Oilers, you done fudged up.

Blueline still stinks (and they don't have a Grant Fuhr to offset that).  All is still right in the world.:)

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hall - McDavid - Barzal

Damn the speed and skill on that line would be scary. Lol Oilers, you done fudged up.

I would liked to have seen Chia's face as he sees Hall walking up to the podium to accept the award. Bet you he was pale as a ghost. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Hall - McDavid - Barzal

Hall McDavid Eberle

Caggiula/RNH Barzal Draisaitl

Their defense would be absolutely atrocious but that forward core would be pretty slick.

8 hours ago, Mustapha said:

I know its fun to make fun of Edmonton for trading Hall, but I still have a hard time seeing him take the Hart over MacKinnon. MacKinnon drove that offense as the centreman and had an amazing season. You can make a case for all three guys, but I still think MacKinnon was by far the most important player on his team. He had a career defining regular season and I expect even more from him next year.

You must not have watched any games of New Jersey last season. Hall drove the Devils' offense just as much as MacKinnon did for the Avs. Nobody expected anything from New Jersey, especially after having drafted 1st overall in the other off-season. Hall took the team on his back and carried them to the playoffs. By far the most important player on the Devils, just as you say MacKinnon was to the Avs. He had a career defining season as well.

I'm not arguing against MacKinnon at all. If he won I wouldn't argue it. Although if it wasn't Hall or MacKinnon then I'd be surprised. You're definitely selling Taylor Hall short though. He was just as important as MacKinnon was.

Taylor Hall nailed it...with so few words with his acceptance speech. Acknowledged the Humbolt tragedy perfectly and the pause after the acknowledgment was a moment of humanity. Puts things into perspective...loved the painted message on the wall by the Humbolt coach and his wife reciting it....class act...loved it.

Taylor ending it with "let's all have a good night"...what a leader.

Archived