The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

The homerism is getting carried away here.  

The first clip was a major blunder that would have lead to a great chance against.  

The second one he would have gotten either creamed or rubbed out.  

And if not, it was still a weak flubbed shot.  

Lets try to be realistic at least.  

The kid is an amazing prospect and will make the team sooner than later.  

BUT

He is far from perfect, and is known to take too many sketchy chances with the puck.  

His hot dogging around the ice won’t fly in the NHL.  

There will be major changes to his playing style when he hits the bigs, or he will end up as another Subban.  

Luckily for us, his smarts and IQ say he is more than likely to figure it out. 

Lets just cool it on the kid tho. 

Edited by drummerboy
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

The homerism is getting carried away here.  

The first clip was a major blunder that would have lead to a great chance against.  

The second one he would have gotten either creamed or rubbed out.  

And if not, it was still a weak flubbed shot.  

Lets try to be realistic at least.  

The kid is an amazing prospect and will make the team sooner than later.  

BUT

He is far from perfect, and is known to take too many sketchy chances with the puck.  

His hot dogging around the ice won’t fly in the NHL.  

There will be major changes to his playing style when he hits the bigs, or he will end up as another Subban.  

Luckily for us, his smarts and IQ say he is more than likely to figure it out. 

Lets just cool it on the kid tho. 

Ouch.

Perhaps these glaring defensive issues are why he fell to 7? Can't be a defenseman in the NHL if you can't play defense. Kinda why I was leaning towards either Dobson or Bouchard at the draft.

Oh well, spilt milk now.

wow!!!  Hughes is a great player that some of you have the need to pick apart now.  there is nobody in the nhl that is perfect, and that includes  Barzel. also to say Barzel is the fastest skater, is just a opinion of some, he is fast but I bet if you put him aside JV.  I  think Jake would probably win.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As nice as the goal was, I think this play exemplifies his skills the most.

Skill and skating aside, most impressed with how he was able to win the puck battle and stay on his feet along the boards at the end there, regardless of multiple defenders playing physical. He obviously isn't too strong, but he knows how to control his body as use it to his advantage against bigger players.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Grape said:

As nice as the goal was, I think this play exemplifies his skills the most.

Skill and skating aside, most impressed with how he was able to win the puck battle and stay on his feet along the boards at the end there, regardless of multiple defenders playing physical. He obviously isn't too strong, but he knows how to control his body as use it to his advantage against bigger players.

Quinn starts the play by stealing the puck in his own zone...then rifles a pass off to the winger who carries it up ice only to lose it in the corner...but Jack floats in and passes to Quinn, who is in perfect position in the slot..

Quinn starts the play and finishes the play...Jack did nothing more than get him the puck....just like most players on our team could do from that far away.

Quinn is all we need...but Jack would be nice....