The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Hasn't made the decision yet.

He said it is up to the Canucks, but feels he can step in and help, used his WC experience to feel he was ready . Was only on the ice for one goal against in the WC. Played well against a talented Canadian team. 

14 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

If I recall my charts, most 7th overall picks play in year 2 after their draft.  One year in junior, college or Europe? And in at roughly $1.5 mill.  In Hughes case, I propose signing him at the tail of next year.

Which burns an ELC year & makes him eligible to re-sign in the summer of 2021. For an average $4 mill a season with $3 to $5 mill already in the bank!

Or...………….

He could play college till that same summer of 2021.  

The odds of him blowing off nearly $10 mill of earning power is both low, and stupid! 

This is the biggest reason Hughes isn't going to play out his college career. Two to three extra years of NHL salary isn't something that someone with his level of talent is going to turn down.

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Has Brian Burke ever watched Troy Stetcher play??? I don't believe he's hit 175 yet.

Yes i just watched the clip of Burke talking about Hughes, saying thats a small small body..

Hughes already played with NHL players on team USA ... He has the amazing skating and speed..

Hughes had a better year in college the Makar.......

So excited for the future of Hughes..

Can't wait until are next great pick at # 37 tomorrow morning...

There are 8 very good players that got passed over and one will be available for Vancouver tomorrow.                  We pick 6th in 2nd round... We will come out of draft with some great picks..

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, cory40 said:

He said it is up to the Canucks, but feels he can step in and help, used his WC experience to feel he was ready . Was only on the ice for one goal against in the WC. Played well against a talented Canadian team. 

Hey man... he is fast enough to catch up to McJesus.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Benning said it's up to Hughes if he wants to go back to College or try and make the team or go to the AHL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So... one of Quinn’s best friends is Ryan Merkley and two of his former roommates were Matthew and Brady Tkachuk. :unsure:

Not the least bit worried. Just thought it was funny that his circle of friends sounds like a rogues gallery of character issues and douchebaggery. :lol:

Nah man. They are elites from USDP and Team USA.

8 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

After watching the kid fit in at the worlds earlier this year on the American team he reminded me of Phil Housely.  Its the effortless skating I think.   Phil was also five foot 10 but played in an era when you could hook, clutch and grab way more than they do now.  Smooth skating, smart, great passer and put up 1200 points in his career in an era when it was a little rougher out there.

The kids a stud 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Benning said it's up to Hughes if he wants to go back to College or try and make the team or go to the AHL

SO they both have said its up to the other means "welcome to the Canucks"

• Upvote 2