The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Gotta say, Loui's looking good at the Worlds. Hopefully this raises his trade value. Wouldn't it be just the Canucks luck that they trade him and he has success somewhere else. That's what concerns me about trading Goldobin as well. I can't recall what Pettersson and Eriksson line looked like that last year. Is Loui a possibility to play on his line again something Green would be open to?  He looks like a different player when he's motivated. So, is the problem Green?

Eriksson's had countless chances in the top 6 with multiple players, under two different coaches and failed to maintain his spot there. If you don't perform under numerous chances and multiple coaches, you can't blame the coach IMO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hughes - Seider would be a great pairing some day.

Hughes would be free to wheel around, making plays, being offensive, without worry of pinching or getting caught up ice, while Seider would hold the fort, shut down Dman like a wall in front of Markstrom. Seider is also a big dude who can really skate. He just turned 18 a few weeks ago and could probably play in the NHL next year sometime. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Can't see us taking at D at 10 with so many good and higher ranked forwards likely to still be available. But I agree, I'd love to add another 10-20 pick and grab one of the D available in that range as well.

I see that a few of the dmen are sneaking into the top 12 or so in the more recent rankings.  Considering JB seems to have a leaning towards dmen (Juolevi and apparently he preferred Maker over Pettersson), I'm not 100% sure he picks a FW.

My preference would be a C that can translate to a W if needed.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I see that a few of the dmen are sneaking into the top 12 or so in the more recent rankings.  Considering JB seems to have a leaning towards dmen (Juolevi and apparently he preferred Maker over Pettersson), I'm not 100% sure he picks a FW.

My preference would be a C that can translate to a W if needed.

Top 12'ish and 10 are not the same. Especially when you consider the chances someone ahead of us drafts someone unexpected, and yet another forward we have ranked top 9, falls.

57 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Can't see us taking at D at 10 with so many good and higher ranked forwards likely to still be available. But I agree, I'd love to add another 10-20 pick and grab one of the D available in that range as well.

In my somewhat realistic dream scenario I’d love for us to package some vets and B prospects to land another first in the late teens to mid twenties to take a D man. I agree there’s just too many good forwards in our range for us to pass on. 

Walking out of the draft with one of Boldy/Krebs/Caufield/Zegras at 10, and Seider/Soderstrom/York/Broberg with a second first would be absolutely amazing. 

Edited by YearoftheNuck
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Gotta say, Loui's looking good at the Worlds. Hopefully this raises his trade value. Wouldn't it be just the Canucks luck that they trade him and he has success somewhere else. That's what concerns me about trading Goldobin as well. I can't recall what Pettersson and Eriksson line looked like that last year. Is Loui a possibility to play on his line again something Green would be open to?  He looks like a different player when he's motivated. So, is the problem Green?

It's not like Eriksson was lighting up the world under Willie though. I think the problem with Eriksson was the expectations put on him when he was signed. He lost confidence and was unable to regain any footing here. Every year I think he could score 20-30, and every year he looks like the same player. 

2 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

I wonder if EDM and VAN would consider swapping the 8th and 10th overall picks along with Lucic and Eriksson, respectively. Recent events has Lucic being open to play for VAN in the near future and Eriksson not in agreement with coach Green. EDM would save on the 1 year of the contract (Lucic w/ 4 yrs @ $6M vs Eriksson w/ 3 yrs @ $6M) and VAN would jump up two spots, guaranteeing that one of the top-rated forwards are available.

Hughes/Kakko/Byram form the top 3.

That would mean that one of Dach/Turcotte/Boldy/Cozens/Podkolzin would be available for the Canucks as pick 8 should VAN and EDM swap picks as proposed.

Is it really worth taking a year extra of a sinking contract to move up 2 spots?

Before the season ended there were talk of a top 3-4 and then an average to good bunch down to 12-15...

I wonder if we are getting in to Territory where posters are prepared to do silly things just for the sake of it. 

Eriksson has 3 more years. Maybe just maybe he can be moved next year, and we don’t really need to be hampered by these anchors for longer than necessary. 

If we really are prepared to take an anchor contract, next year would be better, when Eriksson and his modified contract could make him easier to move i a deal for a good pick together with an anchor contract. 

I just don’t see value in trading for Lucic just to move up too spots... as there most likely will be as good a pick at 10 as 8.... if we could add a pick in the top two rounds instead, as part of a deal, while we keep the 10OA I’d listen. 

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 3

19 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

I don’t want to argue with you but we’re already a small team - do we want another smurf?

he doesn't play like a small guy though.  He's much more Marty St Louis than he is Johnny Hockey, imo.  I'd take St Louis any day of the week for my team.

EDM will have to deal with Lucic. Why should the Canucks rescue them? Say EDM has Boldy lined up to draft at #8. Is Boldy really going to be a better NHLer than Broberg or Soderstrom? Moving up 2 spots doesn't matter all that much, but it is bloody expensive. I would rather Benning make some trades to acquire an extra mid-late 1st or high 2nd.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Seider scored another goal today. 

As the ship has clearly sailed for him falling to me in fantasy at #24 :lol:, I'm going to come right out and say it...

Seider is the second best D in the draft after Byram IMO. If we're reaching for a D at 10, it should be him.

Or even better we sell some magic beans for another pick :lol:

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Seider scored another goal today. 

This is wild. Seider is known as a real defensive defenseman with little to no offence. But it looks like he can provide a little offence afterall. Starting to wonder if he'll even be around at #10 lol One (lucky) team might take a real chance.

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

As the ship has clearly sailed for him falling to me in fantasy at #24 :lol:, I'm going to come right out and say it...

Seider is the second best D in the draft after Byram IMO. If we're reaching for a D at 10, it should be him.

Or even better we sell some magic beans for another pick :lol:

He is out producing Jack Hughes at this tournament, already tied for first all time by a "u18 classified" Dman at the worlds. (As per elite prospects)

Just passed Phil Housley

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

This is wild. Seider is known as a real defensive defenseman with little to no offence. But it looks like he can provide a little offence afterall. Starting to wonder if he'll even be around at #10 lol One (lucky) team might take a real chance.

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He is out producing Jack Hughes at this tournament, already tied for first all time by a "u18 classified" Dman at the worlds. (As per elite prospects)

He might be the reason I'd even contemplate taking on Lucic for 8th OA (assuming we can move Eriksson elsewhere). If we could grab one of the forwards at 8 (Boldy/Dach/Turcotte/Krebs etc) and then 'reach' for Seider at 10...this would be a HELL of a good draft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He might be the reason I'd even contemplate taking on Lucic for 8th OA (assuming we can move Eriksson elsewhere). If we could grab one of the forwards at 8 (Boldy/Dach/Turcotte/Krebs etc) and then 'reach' for Seider at 10...this would be a HELL of a good draft.

If they manage to pry the 8OA to go with 10 OA while only left with Lucic... JB would be hailed a hero. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1