The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

9 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Moritz Seider looks like the real deal. 18 years old at the WC and is playing like a seasoned vet. Impressive in all zones. Smart and great skater for a 6'4 player.

Hard to not think of a Hughes-Seider pairing.

Seider is calm too.  He's got that same "it" factor that Quinn Hughes and Petey have.  They are elite skilled and super confident players, who want to control the game, because they believe they can be difference makers.  I would not at all be disappointed with us drafting Seider.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, spook007 said:

If they manage to pry the 8OA to go with 10 OA while only left with Lucic... JB would be hailed a hero. 

Imagine if he also managed to nab Puljujarvi :lol:

Puljujarvi, one of Boldy/Dach/Turcotte/Krebs etc, and Seider....

Yeah, I'd be ok with that :wub:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

He might be the reason I'd even contemplate taking on Lucic for 8th OA (assuming we can move Eriksson elsewhere). If we could grab one of the forwards at 8 (Boldy/Dach/Turcotte/Krebs etc) and then 'reach' for Seider at 10...this would be a HELL of a good draft.

I wonder how desperate Holland is to actually get rid of Looch

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

I wonder how desperate Holland is to actually get rid of Looch

I hope very. And I hope he takes the 'rip the band aid off' approach. And I hope that's a Canuck themed band aid :lol:

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

To VAN: Lucic, #8

To EDM: #10

Do we really want to do this?

I think you might have misread Agent's post. Looks to me as though he was suggesting EDM gives us their 8th if we take Lucic off their hands. No mention of giving them the 10th back in exchange.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Can't see us taking at D at 10 with so many good and higher ranked forwards likely to still be available. But I agree, I'd love to add another 10-20 pick and grab one of the D available in that range as well.

Absolutely, the only D I like at the 10 spot is playing for the Giants and he won't be available at that pick.

The Canucks need upgrades at almost every position so the BPA is the way to go. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I think you might have misread Agent's post. Looks to me as though he was suggesting EDM gives us their 8th if we take Lucic off their hands. No mention of giving them the 10th back in exchange.

As a rebuilding team and wanting to present their new GM (Holland), EDM won't want to trade their 1st just to get rid of Lucic's contract. Holland could probably make a trade and get assets in return. Moving up 2 spots in the draft is expensive. It would probably cost us taking on Lucic's contract just to move up the 2 spots, plus our #10. Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

As a rebuilding team and wanting to present their new GM (Holland), EDM won't want to trade their 1st just to get rid of Lucic's contract. Holland could probably make a trade and get assets in return. Moving up 2 spots in the draft is expensive. It would probably cost us taking on Lucic's contract just to move up the 2 spots, plus our #10. Just my opinion.

They have zero leverage, zero cap space and a pissed off super star. If they don't pay up to move him, they can pound sand in mediocrity and futility until McD demands a trade.

There's almost zero value moving from 10th to 8th for us. We're getting an equivalent value player at the 10 spot that's not REMOTELY worth doing EDM a huge favour by taking that awful contract on.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

They have zero leverage, zero cap space and a pissed off super star. If they don't pay up to move him, they can pound sand in mediocrity and futility until McD demands a trade.

There's almost zero value moving from 10th to 8th for us. We're getting an equivalent value player at the 10 spot that's not REMOTELY worth doing EDM a huge favour by taking that awful contract on.

If Benning can get the #8 and a big power forward from Holland - for nothing, then he should win GM of the Year.

23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If Benning can get the #8 and a big power forward from Holland - for nothing, then he should win GM of the Year.

Well we'd have to send something back.

And 'big power forward'?!?!!! :lol: More like big, $6m, press box forward. 

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I'm officially on the Moritz Seider train. 

Seider is a defenseman we desperately need. Right handed, 6'4 200lbs, excellent defender, physical, great skater, helluva a shot. Everything we are missing and more

we need to trade sutter tanev and baertchi  hutton for a bunch picks opens up 15 mill in cap    then trade eriksson   for lucic and a 2nd 

then draft seider and  broberg

vastly different team 

pearson petey boeser

leivo horvat goldobin

lucic gaudette virtanen

mcewen beagle motte 

hughes stecher

edler seider 

juolevi broberg

marky

demko

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Benning should try and get Edmonton's 8th pick.  That way we can draft both Podkolzin and Boldy.  Our top 6 would be set for the next decade.  If he can also bring back Tryamkin this summer then that will complete the trifecta...

If we could get the 8th and 10th OA, that would be like winning the draft lottery for me.

Podkolzin

Newhook/Krebs/Boldy. We absolutely would be set for the next decade. Although prefer Krebs or Newhook ahead of Boldy.

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser

Krebs Horvat ???

31 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I'm officially on the Moritz Seider train. 

Seider is a defenseman we desperately need. Right handed, 6'4 200lbs, excellent defender, physical, great skater, helluva a shot. Everything we are missing and more

Me too, but I doubt we're the only team in the top 10 with that idea...

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:29 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Tradable assets?

2020 1st

Goldobin

Hutton

Gaudette

Prospects - DiPietro, Brisebois, Gadjovich, Lind, Lockwood, Madden

Others that could go

Sutter

Eriksson

Tanev

Baertschi

Not great, but surely Benning could pick up a couple more 2nds? Maybe even an extra 1st with the right package?

Don't want to trade Madden or Gaudette. All the others for the right price could definitely be had.