Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 hour ago, Seannnp said:

Why not all 3?

Lucic, Pujuljarvi, 8thOA, 38th OA

For

Eriksson, 10th OA, and Goldobin

Swap prospect projects, pick up a 2nd, and move up two spots in the draft. Edmonton gets rids of Lucic's contract, still keeps their 1st top 10 pick, and tries Goldy where Pool failed.

I like this, but we are losing Gaudette or Jake in the expansion draft in order to protect Lucic.  Even though the Oilers aren’t getting either of those guys, having Milan will cost us one, so one of their names needs to be added.

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like this, but we are losing Gaudette or Jake in the expansion draft in order to protect Lucic.  Even though the Oilers aren’t getting either of those guys, having Milan will cost us one, so one of their names needs to be added.

Losing Guad might hurt but with Madden in the pipeline and there's usually decent third line centers on the market....

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's why I'd rather have Bouchard. No Pulju or 38th.

Lucic
Bouchard (Ineligible for expansion draft)

for

Eriksson

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Lucic

for

Eriksson

Omg brilliant! The canucks will take their hot garbage, and give them almost compost, and get some fresh veggies in return. 

Im down. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I got a really good feeling about Madden. I wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes serviceable middle 6 winger. 

I think Madden will be better then Guad to be honest. Madden has already showed his a gem and has play making and finish and Iq and is a real hound for the puck. 

21 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I think Madden will be better then Guad to be honest. Madden has already showed his a gem and has play making and finish and Iq and is a real hound for the puck. 

Exactly. Good hockey family as well. Let’s hope he continues along this development curve. 

4 hours ago, Seannnp said:

Why not all 3?

Lucic, Pujuljarvi, 8thOA, 38th OA

For

Eriksson, 10th OA, and Goldobin

Swap prospect projects, pick up a 2nd, and move up two spots in the draft. Edmonton gets rids of Lucic's contract, still keeps their 1st top 10 pick, and tries Goldy where Pool failed.

Only if Lucic doesn’t have to be protected for the expansion draft.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Lucic

for

Eriksson

I wish but theres no way in hell.

eriksson situation is only slightly less terrible than the lucic situation. I think we would be lucky if they would give us a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the swap to be honest. 

• Cheers 1

The more I think about it, the more I like a Horvat - Cozens combination on a line. That duo would have some crazy explosiveness and power, making them tough to stop off the rush or down low. Cozens could also center a line with Pettersson and Boeser to provide some of the physical abilities they lack, but I'm not sure if he would be able to keep up mentally. I don't think Cozen's ceiling is as high as others in this draft, but he's not someone you can overlook if he's available at 10th.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

I wish but theres no way in hell.

eriksson situation is only slightly less terrible than the lucic situation. I think we would be lucky if they would give us a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the swap to be honest. 

Is it realistic? No. But that’s the point. For us to take that god awful Lucic contract and have to protect him in the expansion draft (highly debated but always prepare for the worst), it would have to be a huge overpayment on Edmonton’s part. If they would rather buy him out fly at ‘er. 

4 hours ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Lucic

for

Eriksson

My god lol. Bouchard is a grade A prospect. Edmonton wont move their best prospect to acquire a slightly better contract in ericsson.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, cyoung said:

My god lol. Bouchard is a grade A prospect. Edmonton wont move their best prospect to acquire a slightly better contract in ericsson.

Yeah there’s some unrealistic proposals going on in here. I’d be happy swapping players as well as swapping the 10th for the 8th, and hopefully a mid round pick. 

• Like 1