The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour - Kypreos) If Tavares chooses Toronto, chances are Nylander lands in Vancouver for Tanev

Xbox

48 minutes ago, oncewasacanucksfan said:

I have been a fan of this team since before you where born bud have been in every Stanley cup home game this team has ever had  sorry I am not happy dumb and blind but I don't really like what benning has brought partly because he has no chance to sign good players since no one would dream to come to this team with how it is right now...  so why even bother to do it then when we gonna be trash team anyways

The landscape of modern hockey has really changed last few years. Salary cap and a very tough lottery odds system. Another big one is all the media, social streams, fan demands and expectations heaped on the modern player. It's a different world and some players want nothing to do with playing in a traditional market. Your expectation of what it takes to bring a team out of the basement with an aged core filled with no trade clauses is unreasonable. I get your a long time fan. But you obviously don't grasp the modern NHL as a business. Which it is now more than ever. For players, owners, management, and FANS. 

Totally off topic, but is there a way of telling when a poster has been punted to the sidelines ? When I first started following CDC, Pimp C was the main 'angry dude'. Miss that guy.

Back on topic, has Kypreos ever updated his original statement ?

7 minutes ago, oncewasacanucksfan said:

whatever colour the fans that believe we are turning the corner are eating you should ask them

Just explain to us how we're not.

I am actually interested to hear your justification for your opinion

Just now, SingleThorn said:

Totally off topic, but is there a way of telling when a poster has been punted to the sidelines ? When I first started following CDC, Pimp C was the main 'angry dude'. Miss that guy.

He's drunk from all that Tavares Kool-Aid. To answer your question, I don't think he has. 

16 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

I dunno, but it looks like this poster has inspired the return of the dearly missed minus.  Felt great.

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just explain to us how we're not.

I am actually interested to hear your justification for your opinion

look at the team man the only way you can say its getting better is if you look where we are in standing's and say I only hope next year is better... prospects never provide me with any hope sorry not unless they of Pavel's caliber and we do not have a single one of those not one.. so we got an ok sniper for once yay didn't make us any better last year and somehow pettersons the next big thing??? not really sure from all the games Ive seen him play he wasn't game changing that's for sure not enough to make a difference here

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I dunno, but it looks like this poster has inspired the return of the dearly missed minus.  Felt great.

I could have sworn I saw a poster with -11 or something similar a couple days back. As much as I like and respect each and every opinion on CDC, some of these redundant threads are a bit much, as are some of the comments. I don't like participation ribbons either.

3 minutes ago, oncewasacanucksfan said:

look at the team man the only way you can say its getting better is if you look where we are in standing's and say I only hope next year is better... prospects never provide me with any hope sorry not unless they of Pavel's caliber and we do not have a single one of those not one.. so we got an ok sniper for once yay didn't make us any better last year and somehow pettersons the next big thing??? not really sure from all the games Ive seen him play he wasn't game changing that's for sure not enough to make a difference here

Yeah winning the league scoring race and playoff MVP in a men's league isn't game-changing at all.  He should have driven the Zamboni in between periods and flown the team's plane.

1 minute ago, oncewasacanucksfan said:

You've watched GAMES, and don't have an opinion. He won all of those awards because......let me guess, he has the longest neck!

Just now, King Heffy said:

Yeah winning league MVP and playoff MVP in a men's league isn't game-changing at all.  He should have driven the Zamboni in between periods and flown the team's plane.

means nothing at all completely different league and the men there don't crush little boys like they do here.

2 minutes ago, oncewasacanucksfan said:

Bure was a generational talent and that is a ridiculous bar to set tbh. Our prospect pool is the deepest it's ever been and will become a strong TEAM not just a fluke cup run with 1 star player. 

4 minutes ago, oncewasacanucksfan said:

I don't know where to begin so I wont. I'm moving on from your replies. I suggest you buy an Xbox and play it on GM mode. You can build your own team and cheer for it. Later. 

Archived