The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour - Kypreos) If Tavares chooses Toronto, chances are Nylander lands in Vancouver for Tanev

Xbox

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

As soon as canucks trade tanev. We will be right back in the market looking for another version of tanev.  At this point we might as well keep him. We need his skill set to pair up with a guy like Hughes. 

Fully agree.  Only way they trade Tanev should be if they get an obscene offer.   Such an offer does not include anything more than Tanev going the other way (except perhaps taking on some CAP relief) and starts at a level of a first overall or a Nylander or similar.   So what if some think they won't get it, when you want someone else to overpay and you are in the driver's seat, let the offers by overpayment dammit or simply move on with Tanev as a key cog in the Canucks wheel.   

It is like some of you with homes in Vancouver area.  You know full well they are not "worth" their market value right now (correction is coming BTW), BUT if the demand is there and someone want to give you $2 million for a 1970s bungalow with leaky basement, go for it but if they don't want to give it....no biggie, stay put.

40 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

am650 have replied. Thanks to them for that.

Seems that Alex Auld might have been putting on a TML hat to give some perspective to how the different markets view things.

Here's my email and their reply.....

Discussion on CDC ( Canucks dot com ) has a poster saying that Alex Auld wants 'nucks to offer Virtanen + b grade prospect + 1st pick 2019 for Nylander.

Having trouble knowing if AA is being accurately quoted.

Could you guys give us some clarity re true/ false ?

am650.....

Alex didn’t say to make that trade but simply that this is what it would take to get Nylander.

Probably just some listeners misunderstanding the framing of that quote.

Hope this clears it up!

Thanks for listening,

Jawn Jang
Talk Show Host

thats good, I thought we'd have to send Alex for medical testing if he was advocating for that deal. 

On 7/3/2018 at 10:24 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

Fully agree.  Only way they trade Tanev should be if they get an obscene offer.   Such an offer does not include anything more than Tanev going the other way (except perhaps taking on some CAP relief) and starts at a level of a first overall or a Nylander or similar.   So what if some think they won't get it, when you want someone else to overpay and you are in the driver's seat, let the offers by overpayment dammit or simply move on with Tanev as a key cog in the Canucks wheel.   

It is like some of you with homes in Vancouver area.  You know full well they are not "worth" their market value right now (correction is coming BTW), BUT if the demand is there and someone want to give you $2 million for a 1970s bungalow with leaky basement, go for it but if they don't want to give it....no biggie, stay put.

I've been waiting for 25 years to see a correction for homes in Gr Vancouver. lol! Maybe, it's not going to happen. If I owned a condo, I might be worried. 

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

From one of our favourite Leaf fluffers:

Likely true, because it's the usual rumoured meh Leaflets they're offering up.  C'mon Kyle, you gotta step up.  Not dealing like (or with) Uncle Lou here.

DO NOT MIND BROWN AND A FIRST

16 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

From one of our favourite Leaf fluffers:

Likely true, because it's the usual rumoured meh Leaflets they're offering up.  C'mon Kyle, you gotta step up.  Not dealing like (or with) Uncle Lou here.

Lol...  brown?  Leivo?  

Hell Gardiner and Sparks would be the best of the bunch and that 1st is essentially worthless.

As ON said, the teams mentioned don't NEED to trade their D.  Toronto NEEDS to trade for a D.

I'd certainly look at Brown Leivo AND a 1st though.  Maybe Gardiner if only to ensure their defence sucked that much more.  Then when they meet and there's no Martin to run Stecher, have a good run their goalie and Tavares to ensure that pick is top 15 material in Vancouver next June

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Lol...  brown?  Leivo?  

Hell Gardiner and Sparks would be the best of the bunch and that 1st is essentially worthless.

As ON said, the teams mentioned don't NEED to trade their D.  Toronto NEEDS to trade for a D.

I just want Carolina, St. Lou, Florida, Van and Minnesota to all hold on to their D's, just to see Toronto fall apart in the postseason, because they've got not defense, and Anderson is tired of seeing too many rubber. 

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Lol...  brown?  Leivo?  

I'd agree. Toronto is desperate for a defenseman. And you want a premier defensive defenseman, but offer Van Toronto's garbage? No thanks. 

We've got a Brown, like another poster mentioned, in Baertschi (who isn't any older than Brown). 

Toronto's first round pick? Going to be a late first. 

Gardiner? Wasn't he lit up last year's playoffs? LOL. And we'd want a worse defenseman for our premier dman? &^@# off, Toronto. 

And Sparks? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Feel like we've got a better goaltender prospect in Demko at 22 yo, than Sparks at 25 (feels like he's going to be a depth player and a journeyman). 

So I'm not sure how Toronto is going to get a premier defensive shut-down dman, without parting ways with a premier prospect, or player. If Toronto wants one of our best dman, you better damn give up something of value, cause all of the above, are $&!#. 

I think everyone tends to overvalue Tanev's potential trade return a bit.    I mean yeah he's a solid D-man however until he proves he can stay healthy he's only worth 60% on the dollar.   I think we need him to string a bunch of games in a row without getting hurt to up his value a bit.   Unfortunately considering his history that's a BIG IF at the moment........

1 minute ago, VancouverFan said:

I think everyone tends to overvalue Tanev's potential trade return a bit.    I mean yeah he's a solid D-man however until he proves he can stay healthy he's only worth 60% on the dollar.   I think we need him to string a bunch of games in a row without getting hurt to up his value a bit.   Unfortunately considering his history that's a BIG IF at the moment........

Humid and hot and stinky I need TO again today?

Tanev is the best in the league at what he does.  

Nah Tanev is worth it, and once he starts playing on a team that plays a little more in the other zone I think the Games missed due to Injuries should start to drop. I rather Keep Tanev, since he one of the best Defensive D's in the league and Toronto really has nothing we need, Nylander would be nice but, we have a young enough core as it is.

40 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If Tampa ends up getting Karlsson I want to keep Tanev just to make the TO fan base filled with regret. 

If Tampa gets Karlsson that may make Toronto's offers much bigger though.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Getting injured?

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'd certainly look at Brown Leivo AND a 1st though.  Maybe Gardiner if only to ensure their defence sucked that much more.  Then when they meet and there's no Martin to run Stecher, have a good run their goalie and Tavares to ensure that pick is top 15 material in Vancouver next June

Two more "meh" assets, one which requires waivers, when we are already overloaded and need to move a couple out.  We need substance -- picks, prospects or a real legit dman in return, and they don't have the latter.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yeah I agree however unfortunately he's only been able to do what he does around 60% of the time the last few seasons due to injuries.    IMO that this is a very good example of home teams fans overvaluing their players.  I love Tanev and he's a big part of our team but if you can't see that his injury history has severely hurt his trade value then I really don't know what to say.

29 minutes ago, VancouverFan said:

Yeah I agree however unfortunately he's only been able to do what he does around 60% of the time the last few seasons due to injuries.    IMO that this is a very good example of home teams fans overvaluing their players.  I love Tanev and he's a big part of our team but if you can't see that his injury history has severely hurt his trade value then I really don't know what to say.

Your concern about the injury history is the biggest issue IMHO. First wanted to trade Tanev 2 years ago. As the history mounts the value goes down. Tanev is a D2 or 3, probably a 3 on a CUP contender. Of course that assessment depends on the acquiring team. I give him full cred for being willing to block shots but that game causes injuries.  

37 minutes ago, VancouverFan said:

he hasn't been traded yet, so what's to say - his trade value is yet undetermined, so....there are lots of factors to consider in assessing trade value - that you believe injury will 'severely hurt his trade value' isn't any more proven than the idea that what the player is capable of will actually define his trade value. 

In then end, it would probably be a sum of factors that determine his value - and injuries alone are not going to result in Tanev being moved to a lowballer dwelling on puck injuries.

Archived