The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

5 minutes ago, kilgore said:

For headshots the offending player should be out for as long as his victim.  It should be "no timeline on his return" for Martel as well.

I have thought that kind of suspension would be a good idea for a few intentional penalties going back to Karia's concussion after scoring.

I went and looked back over some DVRs and noticed the Gudbranson is not lifting his arm over his shoulder and in scrums is using only his left, both times vs Tampa he was upper cutting with his right, no jabs and not reaching out.

I don't know if he had surgery last year but he was wearing a brace.

Are they showing the dressing room at all? When I saw this last time it was a Florida feed.

Jakes last big shoulder injury happened in a fight and I believe he had surgery.

Separated shoulders and rotator cuff injuries are a beach.

20 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

It's a terrible idea imo. If a player like ovechkin tags Schaller I'm sitting called for the rest of the season just to sit ovi.

I get your point. But then I also understand that they have filler players taking out top name players. I think that's worse.

Whatever the rules, the NHL needs to step up and actually take a strong stand against head injuries instead of giving *some* players the "head wasn't the 'primary' point of contact as we define it today for this one incident" BS. If you blindside hit a player on or near the head and it causes a concussion, you should face punishment. Not just get a fist bump from your coach.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:56 AM, TheGuardian_ said:

I went and looked back over some DVRs and noticed the Gudbranson is not lifting his arm over his shoulder and in scrums is using only his left, both times vs Tampa he was upper cutting with his right, no jabs and not reaching out.

I don't know if he had surgery last year but he was wearing a brace.

Are they showing the dressing room at all? When I saw this last time it was a Florida feed.

Jakes last big shoulder injury happened in a fight and I believe he had surgery.

Separated shoulders and rotator cuff injuries are a beach.

Just curious what you mean by beach. I've had multiple shoulder surgeries (one in the USA that cost insurance a number that would make many throw up) and never once felt anything beach related. 

1 hour ago, 406in604 said:

Just curious what you mean by beach. I've had multiple shoulder surgeries (one in the USA that cost insurance a number that would make many throw up) and never once felt anything beach related. 

You are suppose to sit on the beach while you recover.

2 hours ago, 406in604 said:

How did you injure it? Playing a sport that you usually play or very occasionally.

Played baseball and hockey, it was a bit...….ch recovering and ended up with recurring bursitis, got over it but later in life......operations are better now, no more zippers.

10 minutes ago, appleboy said:

It will be interesting to see how Benning deals with a team that is showing chemistry and two forwards ready to return to the lineup. Someone will need to be traded or waived.

Who goes?

Gaudette to Utica will be the move when Sutter is back, Goldy to the press box for Baer, most likely.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Gaudette to Utica will be the move when Sutter is back, Goldy to the press box for Baer, most likely.

Would be a mistake to sit Goldy, if Green doesn't trust him and he isn't in the plans it would be wise to try and trade him now before he starts to ride the pine. Look at Schaller and MDZ, they hold 0 value, Goldy could be of interest to say Carolina who wants more offense, Goldy creates that. Maybe we get what could of been our draft pick in McKeown back for him in a deal?

9 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Would be a mistake to sit Goldy, if Green doesn't trust him and he isn't in the plans it would be wise to try and trade him now before he starts to ride the pine. Look at Schaller and MDZ, they hold 0 value, Goldy could be of interest to say Carolina who wants more offense, Goldy creates that. Maybe we get what could of been our draft pick in McKeown back for him in a deal?

Gaudette to Utica simply because he has to get more TOI than he is getting. Moving Goldy now is premature especially since we don't know how Baer will play since his injury. He is a better player than Goldy right now but his concussion history should make everyone pause. Moving either Goldy or Baer by the TDL might make sense. As usual it depends on what comes back. IMHO both of them are worth more at the TDL than now. Because of the concussion history I lean towards keeping Goldy since his year is trending towards +40 points and he retains his trade value into next year.  

19 hours ago, stawns said:

Here is how I see the forward lines and d IF the whole team is healthy in time for the Eastern Canada road trip.

Ericsson-Horvat-Virtanen

Goldobin-Petersson-Boeser

Beartschi-Granlund-Leivo

Roussel-Beagle-Sutter

Motte becomes the healthy scratch instead of the 6 million dollar man because of politics.

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

MDZ, Biega

Tim Schaller is the next veteran to get buried in the minors after Sam Gagner.

Gaudette obviously gets way more ice time in Utica to develop his 2 way game and find his offence again.

Archived