The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

19 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We've now technically slipped to 26th but in reality all the teams behind us have between 2 and 5 games in hand and just few points behind us.  So we are almost 100% guaranteed last spot in the basement by Thursday next week and a good chance at first pick.  Fingers crossed !!!! 

So.... we should hope to keep on losing games? I'm cool with that! No point missing the playoffs and get some lame 5th pick again and again... aim lower at the standing and hit a homerun!!

4 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Honestly speaking does boeser sign for less if this years trend continues? If Horvat and maybe Jake even have more or close to the same points... How much does his play over the last season over shadow this one. I know he has been injured but still.. all year hasnt looked as deadly.. Honest question here.. Not an attack I love boeser. 

I think its at this point .5 million lower he is looking at best imo 6.0 per year. 

Could be sunshine in a rainbow S#i£ bo bandy.. God damn $#!£ hawks(refs) 

If Benning was smart, he would Lock him up at 6 mil for 7 or 8 years. That will make sure it takes him through all his prime years. His low production and injuries seem to be a silver lining for negotiations. If Nylander is 7 million per year, then Boeser is probably at a 6 now.

4 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

If Erickson was the "gold standard" the nhl would have another walk out. Even he knows he aint worth that. 

If Eriksson was the gold standard, then teams wouldn't be able to complete their team. Every NHL player would cost min. 8 million or more :lol:

^^^^^ sickening... Same with winning the set for life I suppose. Buy more tickets you'll win one day. I prefer to cheer for the boys instead of hopeful and foolish planning for a #1 in a non sure thing era. 3-5. Likely #1 still at best a chance. Silly to think otherwise. This isnt the old hockey days of racking in the top 1 -3 picks for 5 years and trying again. 

7 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Honestly speaking does boeser sign for less if this years trend continues? If Horvat and maybe Jake even have more or close to the same points... How much does his play over the last season over shadow this one. I know he has been injured but still.. all year hasnt looked as deadly.. Honest question here.. Not an attack I love boeser. 

I think its at this point .5 million lower he is looking at best imo 6.0 per year. 

Could be sunshine in a rainbow S#i£ bo bandy.. God damn $#!£ hawks(refs) 

No way, he is a player we need to invest in. I'd be thinking long term at least 7mil per with the cap increasing (it will continue to increase)....

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

If Benning was smart, he would Lock him up at 6 mil for 7 or 8 years. That will make sure it takes him through all his prime years. His low production and injuries seem to be a silver lining for negotiations. If Nylander is 7 million per year, then Boeser is probably at a 6 now.

Thats what Im thinking 6 at longer term. Or a horvat 5.5 a little shorter.. But cant see that really going under 6.

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

^^^^^ sickening... Same with winning the set for life I suppose. Buy more tickets you'll win one day. I prefer to cheer for the boys instead of hopeful and foolish planning for a #1 in a non sure thing era. 3-5. Likely #1 still at best a chance. Silly to think otherwise. This isnt the old hockey days of racking in the top 1 -3 picks for 5 years and trying again. 

Buff, WPG, TOR all look to be doing ok in the standings for their tickets. 

26 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We've now technically slipped to 26th but in reality all the teams behind us have between 2 and 5 games in hand and just few points behind us.  So we are almost 100% guaranteed last spot in the basement by Thursday next week and a good chance at first pick.  Fingers crossed !!!! 

If you ARE going to wish for a tank, wish for the scenario where we miss the playoffs by a whisker and luck out on our 1-2% chance for 1OA. It'd mean the team is more competetive moving forward, the rebuild is closer to being done, etc etc. 

If you wanna play the stupid-people-sweepstakes, aka the lottery, take the 'go big or go home' motto, as both the 'conservative' and 'risky' strategies are odds-on-losing anyways. 

49 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I think tape rolls have a higher value than MDZ these days. At least they are useful in something. Am just not sure what MDZ is useful for...not good defensively, not good offensively, doesn't hit much, doesn't provide size, makes dumb plays or takes dumb penalties even in a tie game with couple of minutes remaining. I think I could play better than MDZ and I can't even skate.

Sure you could.  Give yer head a good shake bud. 

Del Zotto has his faults but lack of compete and lack of physicality aren’t on that list. These guys are giving it their all. 

Lets support our team ffs!

1 hour ago, timmylu1 said:

I’m actually losing the will to enjoy hockey thanks to this trash ...

It's a rebuild, the fan wanted young players and now you have young players. I 5 or 6 years, this tea will be competitive. In the meantime, enjoy the kids

I am always impressed with who shows up here to whine after a loss...…..

Now yes, we are loosing games by a goal most games.....but that is fixable, seriously

But you got to wait the year out...…….that is all you can do!

Sure you can fire someone, but who? Aqualini? Benning, Green, an assistant coach?

That fact is, we need to change our special teams set ups, and have most importantly have some players that can run those schemes 

That can happen fast, but be careful for what you ask for....managements are always reactionary to their fan bases...…..

We can easily move picks and prospects and be a mid - league team...….easily! But our prospect pool would be dead...….

But, that would be ok, because we could watch 50 - 50 hockey for a few more years...…….no problem, then we do it all again!

Now, there is no doubt, that our special teams could use improvement, and if replacing a special teams coach is all it take, let's do it

But I think it is deeper than that, and signing a guy like Eriksson and having Hughes, run our PP, would do wonders

as would another year under our belts...……...

We score 1 PP goal tonight and we are in OT, we prevent 1 PK goal tonite and we are in OT....this is our problem...….

To some extent anyways...…..

What I have notice about our PP and our PK is we are not pressuring....not attacking...I think that is a mistake......

We are far too stationary......very easy to control and/or exploit......

But man....the whining! %^#%#%@@!$%&&!

5 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am always impressed with who shows up here to whine after a loss...…..

Now yes, we are loosing games by a goal most games.....but that is fixable, seriously

But you got to wait the year out...…….that is all you can do!

Sure you can fire someone, but who? Aqualini? Benning, Green, an assistant coach?

That fact is, we need to change our special teams set ups, and have most importantly have some players that can run those schemes 

That can happen fast, but be careful for what you ask for....managements are always reactionary to their fan bases...…..

We can easily move picks and prospects and be a mid - league team...….easily! But our prospect pool would be dead...….

But, that would be ok, because we could watch 50 - 50 hockey for a few more years...…….no problem, then we do it all again!

Now, there is no doubt, that our special teams could use improvement, and if replacing a special teams coach is all it take, let's do it

But I think it is deeper than that, and signing a guy like Eriksson and having Hughes, run our PP, would do wonders

as would another year under our belts...……...

We score 1 PP goal tonight and we are in OT, we prevent 1 PK goal tonite and we are in OT....this is our problem...….

To some extent anyways...…..

What I have notice about our PP and our PK is we are not pressuring....not attacking...I think that is a mistake......

We are far too stationary......every easy to control and/or exploit......

But man....the whining! %^#%#%@@!$%&&!

The only free agents that will sign in Vancouver are the ones interested in a payday. Just ask Loui Eriksson.

You guys know what?

I was going to say, something to the effects that, you should feel sorry for Joe

But I don't hear him whinning!

Maybe we should all go down to Children Hospital and see some positivity!

Because......mmmmaaaaaaan, we need some perspective around here!

Archived