The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 25, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Next years D. 

Edler          Hughes

Hutton        Stecher

OJ             Tanev/ UFA       (Maybe they trade Tanev for picks and then sign a UFA)  Just dreaming  (Or we land Byram)  Now I am dreaming.:P

Sautner     Brisebois

2020/ 2021       Tryamkin 

Maybe play Tanev next year and then trade him at the deadline. Then try to sign Tryamkin for 2021. Woo might be ready for 2021.  UFA's are always so costly. Unless it is someone who you just can't say no to.

I think the only NTC clauses that protect a player from the expansion draft would be a NMC. Please correct me if I am wrong.

44 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I hope they put Brisebois in instead of Schenn.  It would be a better lineup for the speed of the Aves. We will see if Green learned anything from his run with Guddy.

Schenn =Guddy.

Brisebois is a left shot, Schenn is a right shot.  Green likes to keep his Ds on there natural sides.

57 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I hope they put Brisebois in instead of Schenn.  It would be a better lineup for the speed of the Aves. We will see if Green learned anything from his run with Guddy.

Schenn =Guddy.

Schenn played better last night than Guddy has played in a long time if at all.  I am not saying Schenn is going to be great or a saviour for our D but he played like a solid vet and moved his feet well.

Man what a  weird world I am living in that I am defending Luke Schenn, whats next a treatise in defence of Dion Phaneuf, gross.

2 hours ago, Tystick said:

At the end of the day we got Sutter and Pearson for Kesler.

Not terrible, but considering his conditions, Benning did great getting rid of him.

He'll be making 6.875mil when he's 37 and he's already slowing down.

He may have had a good read from the team doctors on Kesler's health.  Didn't we also get Anaheim's 1st and third for our third in 2014?  The first was McCann, that mostly got us Gudbranson (who is now Pearson), and the third got us Tryamkin, if I am not mistaken - that would leave us still some potential futures in that trade.  If Tryamkin pays out, could be interesting.

6 hours ago, appleboy said:

I think Tanev and Sutter get moved at the draft.

I doubt that with Tanev, cuz after Stecher we’re not exactly deep with talent at the NHL leve on that side. I liked Schenn’s game last night but I’m going to be patient with declaring him a mainstay at this point. There’s a reason he’s floated around different teams and the A. To finish my point about Tanev, with him being signed another year, I think it anything he possibly would be a TDL move next season depending where we’re at. His health is such a constant issue though, so praying if that’s the case he’s healthy at that point in the season. 

Assumedly, Woo won’t be ready to make the jump yet, so going after a top 4, puck moving RHD might be in Bennings plans in the off season. Quickly looking just now I don’t see a lot of options there, other than Karlsson of course, and while he’s top tier I wouldn’t be in too much of a hurry to commit to the monster term and dollars he’ll command assuming he goes to free agency. 

35 minutes ago, GreyHatnDart said:

I doubt that with Tanev, cuz after Stecher we’re not exactly deep with talent at the NHL leve on that side. I liked Schenn’s game last night but I’m going to be patient with declaring him a mainstay at this point. There’s a reason he’s floated around different teams and the A. To finish my point about Tanev, with him being signed another year, I think it anything he possibly would be a TDL move next season depending where we’re at. His health is such a constant issue though, so praying if that’s the case he’s healthy at that point in the season. 

Assumedly, Woo won’t be ready to make the jump yet, so going after a top 4, puck moving RHD might be in Bennings plans in the off season. Quickly looking just now I don’t see a lot of options there, other than Karlsson of course, and while he’s top tier I wouldn’t be in too much of a hurry to commit to the monster term and dollars he’ll command assuming he goes to free agency. 

Karlsson limped off the ice again tonight. I would avoid that nightmare at all cost.

Schenn won't be hear next year. I put a list above with what I think might happen.

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Karlsson limped off the ice again tonight. I would avoid that nightmare at all cost.

Schenn won't be hear next year. I put a list above with what I think might happen.

EK is getting up there in age, isn’t he.  I’ve been on the sign EK July1 band wagon.  I think I’m hopping off.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

EK is getting up there in age, isn’t he.  I’ve been on the sign EK July1 band wagon.  I think I’m hopping off.  

I think his ankle is screwed. He had to have it rebuilt , I think and he has never been the same since.

I spent a few minutes and went through this years UFA's and I can see why they don't want Edler to move on. He might be one of the best on the market.  Then it is Myers and Karlsson who are both 29.   Not much after that. It is so important to build from with in.

There is a few forwards of interest but at what cost.

Panarin

Skinner

Nelson

Johansson

9 hours ago, cory40 said:

This post brought back some memories. No way we have Sedin ,Sedin, Burrows, Higgins, Kesler, Bieska, Edler, Tanev, The Honey Badger and more. I see your disbelief when your stuck in the past and the team you are watching is now at the bottom of the NHL. And most of the players your team is left with aren't worth 2nd round draft picks! 

Just being sarcastic at the lame ducks...

3 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

He may have had a good read from the team doctors on Kesler's health.  Didn't we also get Anaheim's 1st and third for our third in 2014?  The first was McCann, that mostly got us Gudbranson (who is now Pearson), and the third got us Tryamkin, if I am not mistaken - that would leave us still some potential futures in that trade.  If Tryamkin pays out, could be interesting.

Naw, the Ana 3rd rounder went to NYR for Dorsett. We used our own 3rd to Tryamkin.

10 hours ago, MattJVD said:

Naw, the Ana 3rd rounder went to NYR for Dorsett. We used our own 3rd to Tryamkin.

A 3rd round pick for Dorsett?

I'll bet the JB haters don't want to talk about him wasting that pick!

(NYR took Keegan Iverson with that pick; he has played 2 games in 2018-2019 for the ACHW Lacombe Generals, according to Elite Prospects.com.)

4 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

A 3rd round pick for Dorsett?

I'll bet the JB haters don't want to talk about him wasting that pick!

(NYR took Keegan Iverson with that pick; he has played 2 games in 2018-2019 for the ACHW Lacombe Generals, according to Elite Prospects.com.)

Yeah, that was a solid return. DD was a warrior for us, unfortunate he can't still be out there with the team

On 2/25/2019 at 10:17 PM, luckylager said:

OMG! 

We're both so charged up from that game!

Marky shutout

Amazing team game

Bo with two GOALS (loved his game tonight)

Petey with two apples

Motte was &^@#ing wicked

Schenn and Sautner both played great

The crowd around us, in section 119, was engaged and pretty damn awesome

THERE WAS AN ACTUAL WAVE THAT LASTED A FEW LAPS!!!! Haven't seen that in years

What a fantastic experience for my son, at his first live Canucks game, and me because I got to take him!

That was &^@#ing wicked. My son is bouncing around the hotel room with an apple in one hand and a pepperoni cheese bun in the other.. The kid is on fire! 

Good times. I'll never forget this night

Lol so glad to hear this, that is awesome the kind of experience we’d all love to give our kids !  Happy for you that you got such a good game considering how they have played lately . 

Ps , go buy a lottery ticket ;) 

Archived