The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks vs. Knights, Saturday, March 9th, 2019 at 7 PM PST

Qwags

2 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Atleast we have good chance to draft bowen byram 

I'm not too high on him.i think he's a slightly better version of Bouchard. Which to me, that isn't impressive much. Basically another Juolevi. 

6 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Every time Beagle has the puck he doesn't know what to do with it. I'm left there sitting exactly what else he brings to the team. Faceoffs? Faceoffs means jack $&!#. Washington is dead last or something like that in the faceoff department yet are such a dominant team. Carolina lost 8-1 against Winnipeg yet dominated the faceoff circle. 

It's not like he's helped us defensively that much. He's a good penalty killer for sure, but I'm not seeing much else. I don't know how he was like in Washington, but right now Beagle does not look like an NHL'er.

Beagle was playing six minutes a game in Washington- he plays at least twice that here.

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

You don't think defense have anything to do with creating offense? Did you not watch the Knights in the first period? Or.. any other hockey game ever?

Your are Canucks blind if you feel our offense is cohesive, organized and playing s 200 foot game 

guys  like you that have never played the game see a goal and immediately look to the goalie or the D 

guys like us that play and know the game diesel at a level clearly you don’t understand 

Canucks were instructed to tank by ownership and went full tank lol. But honestly most disjointed defense I've seen since watching the Canucks ie. Naslund era

I don't really blame Edler... He was just playing crap like the rest of the team. Hrudey just singled him out so he has something to talk about and get paid

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

A true CHANGE on defence will only happen with Tanev and Edler gone..  this city has to get over the Canuck love it has for some of its players.

Let Edler go and trade Tanev for a 2nd round pick at the draft table.

Clears 10 m in Cap... go and buy EK65  60m over 5years.

The true pay back in that move is what EK teaches the likes of Hughes and others.. and our pp starts to post points.

That's not how things work. Karlsson didn't even want to come to Vancouver when he was asking for a trade. He wants contenders. No way we sign him unless we overpay him by a wide margin. 

17 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

For the last &^@#ing time, they're not castaways they were teams like 4th or 5th best players. Lol. They were &^@#ing gifted a competitive team for 500 million dollars. Seattle will too. 

Sbisa was our 4th or 5th best player?

Also, you forgot one thing: no minor league system, no top 10 draft if I remember correctly.  I'm sorry, but their achievement is a slap in the face to every manager/owner/minor league coach around the league. 

Their achievement, imo, in part, is what comes of not being burdened with the Edlers and Erikssons -- i.e.,. older, overpaid players, almost certainly grasping their No trade/no movement clauses.  They got to start fresh, like a company that is debt free and has some new products/ideas.  

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Your are Canucks blind if you feel our offense is cohesive, organized and playing s 200 foot game 

guys  like you that have never played the game see a goal and immediately look to the goalie or the D 

guys like us that play and know the game diesel at a level clearly you don’t understand 

Whoa settle down there, Gretz. He made a good point, that defense generates offense and drives the ship. Vegas is well known for their defense being active. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Offense starts with defense so yeah, can't just ignore the 4 AHLers back there as outside of Pouliot who is 50/50 on the breakout the other 3 aren't any better at moving the puck out. 

Biega is ok at getting shots on net once in the zone. We're still missing Baertschi which doesn't help offensively. 

On top of that,

WE’RE REBUILDING

I totally agree we are carrying 4 d that we would not normally carry. So what would a good coach do? 

Start with playing vegas Vegas with a 1-2-2 trap. No way we should have come out trying to run and gun with them. 

The forewards have not picked up their checks and oh yeah Pouliot started off the sh$& sh$& 

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

That's not how things work. Karlsson didn't even want to come to Vancouver when he was asking for a trade. He wants contenders. No way we sign him unless we overpay him by a wide margin. 

It’s hockey, anything happens ;)

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Admittedly I never played at a high level, I played minor hockey for 11 years and play beer league here and there. What did you mean by 'diesel at a level'?

Either way, the way the game is played today, you need your defense to be a big part of the offense. The D core we're currently running with can't make outlet passes or rush the puck up ice so the forwards are stuck dumping and chasing or trying to carry through 5 players. 

Archived