The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks vs. Knights, Saturday, March 9th, 2019 at 7 PM PST

Qwags

10 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Keep telling yourself that then look behind the Vegas bench 

Yeah, put a new coach in and all of a sudden Pouliot, Biega, Sautner and Schenn become superstars. Give it up, it's a rebuilding team and coaching is far from the issue. Pathetic is mindlessly blaming the coach for having 4 AHL defenseman to work with against last years Stanley Cup Finalists. Ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, gameburn said:

I have no idea why Edler isn't moved, somehow, some way.  When he's not injured, he's at least a third of the time like this.  Move Tanev in off-season, attempt the same with Edler.  Buy out Eriksson, etc.   A team that is 18 months old is a lot better than we are.  And have been from their beginnings.

To bring Edler back... as if he's doing us a favor staying here?

He is glacially slow.  This matters.  He is even slower than Schenn.

I'd rather have Edler walk rather than signing him to a 3/4 year extension.

We just traded the only guy who's slower than him. It's a joke to the other 30 teams that our gm keeps saying Edler's a top 4 dman.

Just now, Plsdontdoit said:

This frikin sucks another lottery team and no NBA playoff to watch since lebron's lakers are shyte and I just frikin hope blue Jay's would do good this season 

we not even bad enough to be a lottery team we are gonna finish somewhere 6 and drops to 9th as usual XD

1 minute ago, coastal1 said:

He is said to be great in the room!

I hope Gaunce replaces Beagle next year. I like Beagle, but he has 0 offensive upside. Gaunce has shown some upside at least.

24 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Way to go Edler our #1 D who wants  NMC and fat contract. Awesome coverage of your guy out front. The whole D is a tire fire, time to move on!!!

Yup.... a few good games.....that is all....let him go....

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Can anyone tell me what else Beagle brings besides faceoffs?

He was great earlier in the season with his forecheck. But for whatever reason all of our forecheckers have gone invisible. Motte, Beagle and co. have not even been able to get it. I think it's because our systems are so absolutely garbage that we can't even get it to center ice to dump it in for a forecheck because we throw it away trying to not stay hemmed in. We play scared hockey. Absolutely terrified. 

Archived