The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/14/2019 at 01:00 AM

12 hours ago, mll said:

Interview with NHL Sr. Executive VP of hockey operations Colin Campbell on the miscalls during the playoffs and the use of video review. 

It's almost like yes they're willing to look at ideas or options to expand, but they're more concerned with punishing the other team trying to get the call right because they're worried about prolonging games or maybe teams taking advantage of it when it's all about making the right call. I just think they're taking the wrong approach here with coming to an agreement on it going forward, they're just to fixated on adding on a punishment to the other team instead of just using technology to make the right call.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The refereeing in these playoffs has been atrocious.  

It’s fixed. The NHL/NBC want The sharks to beat Boston for the cup. The nhl wants to give the crowd that feel-good Hollywood ending on Thornton’s career. 

I haven’t watched a game in a while now as it became obvious early in the 2nd round. 

These playoffs have me questioning whether or not the NHL is any more authentic than the WWE.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

It’s fixed. The NHL/NBC want The sharks to beat Boston for the cup. The nhl wants to give the crowd that feel-good Hollywood ending on Thornton’s career. 

I haven’t watched a game in a while now as it became obvious early in the 2nd round. 

These playoffs have me questioning whether or not the NHL is any more authentic than the WWE.

I’ve been watching the NBC feed on my iPad for all the games, and Thornton is always talked about.  He’s their big story.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

I’ve been watching the NBC feed on my iPad for all the games, and Thornton is always talked about.  He’s their big story.  

Yes. It’s too scripted setting up that old veteran vs the team that gave up on him and the hero overcomes that challenge. 

All the bad calls in this playoffs aren’t coincidence. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Yes. It’s too scripted setting up that old veteran vs the team that gave up on him and the hero overcomes that challenge. 

All the bad calls in this playoffs aren’t coincidence. 

Especially when the bad calls seem to favour only two teams.  The players literally sacrifice their future health to win a Cup, and the league (through manipulating the referees) already has scripted the winner.  The owners then share in the rewards.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Especially when the bad calls seem to favour only two teams.  The players literally sacrifice their future health to win a Cup, and the league (through manipulating the referees) already has scripted the winner.  The owners then share in the rewards.  

It happened to us in 2011 as well. The thing that screwed us was that during the 2nd rd of the playoffs NBC signed the biggest deal at that point that had been signed for hockey/TV In the US. 

What was polled and found to be the most enjoyable experience for an American hockey fan a month prior? Beating any Canadian team in hockey. Didn’t matter who was in the playoffs... the final had to be a Canadian team vs an American one in the final. With the Americans defying all odds and beating the foreign enemy at their own sport.

• Upvote 1