The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

50 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

“Defensive play” of Eriksson has been fabricated to give him some worth or value.. replace him and we probably have someone of similar value or better.

An example being our recent acquisitions.. 

So let’s just assume that Eriksson has been replaced already, because on paper he has.

A prospect can take up the lose time available and become a better player with us.

As far as “effort” goes,. I personally always like to see a player physically engaged at some level, a sign of “compete”..

after all it is a contact sport.

Pettersen had 42 hits last season.. Eriksson had 3 hits.

That says a lot about “effort”.

It shows your in the play and not periferal.

This team does not need Periferal players.

Hitting isn't part of Eriksson’s game so that's not an acceptable gauge of effort wadr

26 minutes ago, BPA said:

Trade with Ottawa.

LE + Virtanen + Goldobin

for

2020 2nd (OTT has 3 so their choice to give) and a 6th (OTT has 3 so their choice to give).

OTT gets some young pieces (to speed up the rebuild) to go with the LE.

VAN gets draft picks to lessen the hurt of losing Virtanen and Goldobin.

I don't think this works for Ottawa. Their 2020 2nd and 6th round picks hold roughly around the same value as JV and Goldy. So there isn't really any incentive for them to take on Loui's contract. 

1 minute ago, VIC_CITY said:

I don't think this works for Ottawa. Their 2020 2nd and 6th round picks hold roughly around the same value as JV and Goldy. So there isn't really any incentive for them to take on Loui's contract. 

And we’d be stupid to trade Jake.  He’s on a great contract and helps us win.  It’s not like Jake is an overpaid muffin. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Hitting isn't part of Eriksson’s game so that's not an acceptable gauge of effort wadr

Finishing your check is part of the game. Has anyone ever had 3 hits in a full season? That has to be an NHL record and most certainly shows a lack of engagement. No one is asking Loui to be Scott Stevens. But 3 hits? Come on, man. That's clearly a guy that's not putting a full effort in and likely a guy that is playing scared in hopes of avoiding injuries. That's just not a guy we want on this team. Especially a veteran guy that's supposed to be a leader. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And we’d be stupid to trade Jake.  He’s on a great contract and helps us win.  It’s not like Jake is an overpaid muffin. 

I agree but I think that trade is heavily weighted in our favor. Ottawa's 2020 2nd rounder should be in the 32-40 range. That's a pretty damn good pick. Look at the guy we just drafted with our 2nd round pick (Hoglander). I'd definitely trade Jake and Loui for Hoglander (or his equivalent).

36 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Playing peripheral is his game, not engaged..

Perhaps Eriksson needed to reinvent himself or vanish in “today’s “ game..   his Defensive efforts might have looked good on this team, but probably not another one..

Him even used in a “defensive role” is probably a last ditch effort to help resurrect the game he should have in him.

He has been a “project” for too long now.

Its better he goes to Utica, a prospect can have the opportunities that Eriksson has had,.  That is progression.

Not catering to a player who should be better than what he is,. There is a sense of entitlement or privilege with Eriksson because he is seen as a premier player, something he has not been for the 3 of potentially 6 seasons with us.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I agree but I think that trade is heavily weighted in our favor. Ottawa's 2020 2nd rounder should be in the 32-40 range. That's a pretty damn good pick. Look at the guy we just drafted with our 2nd round pick (Hoglander). I'd definitely trade Jake and Loui for Hoglander (or his equivalent).

Regardless, JB will not sweeten any deal to move Loui.  Loui is in 

Utica come fall or retired.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Finishing your check is part of the game. Has anyone ever had 3 hits in a full season? That has to be an NHL record and most certainly shows a lack of engagement. No one is asking Loui to be Scott Stevens. But 3 hits? Come on, man. That's clearly a guy that's not putting a full effort in and likely a guy that is playing scared in hopes of avoiding injuries. That's just not a guy we want on this team. Especially a veteran guy that's supposed to be a leader. 

Loui is a positional stick checker, not a hitter. No use putting a square peg in a round hole...

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Wow, 100 pages of mostly nothing.

Is it always like this in the summer or do we have trolls here that cheers every time a thread reach a milestone?

That’s right, 100 pages of nothing about Eriksson..

not much to cheer about here.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Perhaps Eriksson needed to reinvent himself or vanish in “today’s “ game..   his Defensive efforts might have looked good on this team, but probably not another one..

Him even used in a “defensive role” is probably a last ditch effort to help resurrect the game he should have in him.

He has been a “project” for too long now.

Its better he goes to Utica, a prospect can have the opportunities that Eriksson has had,.  That is progression.

Not catering to a player who should be better than what he is,. There is a sense of entitlement or privilege with Eriksson because he is seen as a premier player, something he has not been for the 3 of potentially 6 seasons with us.

You do realize that Eriksson has previously received Selke votes, right? And was widely seen as a very good defensive forward for pretty much his whole career?

This is the kind of hyperbole that drives me nuts. You cant revise history to fit your hate narrative like that.

Just now, Silver Ghost said:

You do realize that Eriksson has previously received Selke votes, right? And was widely seen as a very good defensive forward for pretty much his whole career?

This is the kind of hyperbole that drives me nuts. You cant revise history to fit your hate narrative like that.

History is irrelevant with this player.

You are saying he is entitled to play like crap for us because of efforts he made with other teams 

years ago?

We should honour his presence?

Pay him for nothing?.. oops.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

History is irrelevant with this player.

You are saying he is entitled to play like crap for us because of efforts he made with other teams 

years ago?

We should honour his presence?

Pay him for nothing?.. oops.

That has nothing to do with what I responded to. You were trying to say they put him in a defensive role to try to turn him into a defensive player that he should already be. That is just demonstrably false since he already is and has been a very good defensive player.

History is never irrelevant with any player. You were just talking out of your ass blinded by hate. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Eriksson, there is no need to make them up like you just did.

Edited by Silver Ghost
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Finishing your check is part of the game. Has anyone ever had 3 hits in a full season? That has to be an NHL record and most certainly shows a lack of engagement. 

Here are the fewest hits/season, filtered for 81 games or more, since the NHL started keeping real time stats (hits, etc):

C562943C-F3EF-439D-A50C-2C270780D637.thumb.png.7d7439df9277bccff7d02c0e395a7edc.png

Loui’s definitely up there, but he’s also in some pretty decent company (Gretzky, Jagr, Francis, Naslund, etc).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Here are the fewest hits/season, filtered for 81 games or more, since the NHL started keeping real time stats (hits, etc):

C562943C-F3EF-439D-A50C-2C270780D637.thumb.png.7d7439df9277bccff7d02c0e395a7edc.png

Loui’s definitely up there, but he’s also in some pretty decent company (Gretzky, Jagr, Francis, Naslund, etc).

I guess none of them put in effort or competed. LOL

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Wow, 100 pages of mostly nothing.

Is it always like this in the summer or do we have trolls here that cheers every time a thread reach a milestone?

Is this supposed to be you being self aware? Now that I mention it you post about the nothingness of the thread with a nothing post. Lol.

In all seriousness it's no surprise a thread about Eriksson being traded has garnered this much attention. He whined, he plays below his contract, and both sides seemingly want nothing to do with each other. Of course conversation is gonna be quite frequent here. 

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Except if you also look at point totals it tells the whole story.

Jagr, Gretzky, and most of the other guys weren't delivering hits because they were the ones with the puck on their sticks.  It is against the rules to check someone who doesn't have the puck.

The only guy in the last 16 years in that low of a range was Jagr who was 41 years old and scored 67 points at the time.

30 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Probably not but I would hate to give up that much without a 2nd rounder coming back.

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Regardless, JB will not sweeten any deal to move Loui.  Loui is in 

Utica come fall or retired.  

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't like trading Jake especially since we have players (Miller / Ferland) that Jake can model his game after.

But sometimes you need to give to get out of a bad contract.

Not entirely sure Utica will be the way forward (and thus forcing LE to retire or play in Europe).