The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Here's a good place to start:

Same. There is something about the vastness of the wilderness we live in that's both awe-inspiring and intensely eerie. Especially considering how unbelievably dense some of the woods are in the Pacific Northwest.

I've heard some blood-chilling sounds in the dead of night in the woods that I couldn't quite attribute to an animal that is a habitant. I'm well versed with the array of sounds red foxes make, and how close an elk's cry is to the scream of a human, but these sounds were neither.

4 hours ago, RonMexico said:

Bigfoot!

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Call me crazy, but that's what I believe I heard.

After staying with relatives for couple of weeks, I like to run into woods and release some howls.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Haha 1

I wonder how long they will last in the wild.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/gillam-man-on-high-alert-as-manhunt-descends-on-the-area-1.4522667

The town’s deputy mayor, John McDonald, told The Canadian Press that if that’s the case, McLeod and Schmegelsky are unlikely to last long in an area known for its harsh insects and thick brush.

"If they are wandering around in the bush, they couldn't have picked a worse time because the sandflies came out three days ago and they're just voracious," he said. "I'm quite sure they'll be more than happy to have someone find them.”

Foreman added a police search through the woods would also prove difficult as the area is covered with patches of swampland.

“It’s not going to be easy tracking for the officers if their searching for them in the forest area,” he said. “I’d like to think that they’re no longer here, but at the same time, I’d like to see this finished and see them apprehended.”

On 7/22/2019 at 11:19 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah its pretty freaky. I've made the trip up to Dawson City 3 times over the years and have met a few really weird people on the road. It sure seems like there's a nut bar up there right now. 

Doesn’t surprise me that they’re from the Southern part of BC. ill-mannered upbringings and violent/murdering tendencies seem abundant down there.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Doesn’t surprise me that they’re from the Southern part of BC. ill-mannered upbringings and violent/murdering tendencies seem abundant down there.

If those 2 guys have a banjo in their hands ..... No way cops will be able to pick them out of a crowd of regular sakatchewan  people 

14 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Come on guys, let's stop running people down based on where they're from.  We are all  really weird, ill mannered, banjo packing Canucks.

They just showed one of the suspects' fathers on the news...he's resigned to the fact that this likely won't end well.  Would be such a desperate feeling...to know your kid's life is likely about to end because they've gone on a violent rampage.  Seems there were signs, which begs the question why didn't anyone intervene?  Or, maybe some had tried, who knows.  

To wipe out innocent people who are just out there living their lives - what a sick and twisted duo.  

The couple in the van ... really hit home for me.  I have a daughter and son in law who travel a lot and tend to do road trips in between longer trips.  Just so horrible.

Did so many remote / semi remote over night trips in my VW bus over the years....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Come on guys, let's stop running people down based on where they're from.  We are all  really weird, ill mannered, banjo packing Canucks.

They just showed one of the suspects' fathers on the news...he's resigned to the fact that this likely won't end well.  Would be such a desperate feeling...to know your kid's life is likely about to end because they've gone on a violent rampage.  Seems there were signs, which begs the question why didn't anyone intervene?  Or, maybe some had tried, who knows.  

To wipe out innocent people who are just out there living their lives - what a sick and twisted duo.  

The couple in the van ... really hit home for me.  I have a daughter and son in law who travel a lot and tend to do road trips in between longer trips.  Just so horrible.

I just wonder how "obvious" are the "signs".  I mean... some of the reports keep harping that the boys played "violent" games like COD or something.... I mean seriously?  That's not a sign, that's just boys playing video games.... unless some group are trying to establish some faint correlation.  Then he watches hentai..... okay... regular teenage boys stuff.  That one of the boys is sort-of a wallflower at parties.... once again, it's normal for shy kids.  

Then getting interested in Communism and Nazism.... isn't that like every history lovers in high school?  I mean... I've read Mein Kampf and Das Kapital back in high school.

I'm just more curious about the problems at home and especially how those teens were able to acquire firearms.  A broken home is perhaps the biggest factor of all.  

• Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Mr Smegelski specifically said the break up of his marriage affected his son.

broken homes can be and are often damaging.  Facts.

Hence why I said society, with it's 50% divorce rate, is in serious trouble then.  Because there is a whole generation of kids coming up with single parents, video games and social media.  

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Hence why I said society, with it's 50% divorce rate, is in serious trouble then.  Because there is a whole generation of kids coming up with single parents, video games and social media.  

My bad.

i totally misread you as downplaying the issue of broken homes because it is so common.

• Upvote 1

Just read some article that had pictures of Bryer in full fatigues with a gun, a gas mask, nazi arm band and hunting knife with a German phrase engraved that translates to “blood and honour”

so sadly his dads assessment that that he is a harmless kid isn’t very credible imo.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Just read some article that had pictures of Bryer in full fatigues with a gun, a gas mask, nazi arm band and hunting knife with a German phrase engraved that translates to “blood and honour”

so sadly his dads assessment that that he is a harmless kid isn’t very credible imo.

I think it was the father of the other kid that made that statement?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think it goes back to a parent wanting to think the best of their child. I can't begin to fathom what this man is going through right now.

That’s fair.  No way he goes in the air and mentions those details.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

It’s a factor but some kids are just born bad.  It’s existed prior to this currently generation.  ALOT of kids were “latch-key” kids (myself included) with two working parents.  TV was my babysitter.  I turned out semi-normal.:ph34r:

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

It’s a factor but some kids are just born bad.  It’s existed prior to this currently generation.  ALOT of kids were “latch-key” kids (myself included) with two working parents.  TV was my babysitter.  I turned out semi-normal.:ph34r:

His father said in the interview about his upbringing....goes much deeper than just a child from a broken home.