The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do You Have Confidence In The Canucks Front Office..?

Rate this topic

Honky Cat

After amassing the depth in both roster players and high level prospects, I have complete faith in this franchise. I'm very excited:emot-parrot:

17 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Michael Ferland - to protect Petey, and adds scoring to the top 6

Ferland isn't going to prevent a goon from going after EP.  What he will do (provided sacks of manure like Kelly Sutherland call it fair), is lay down some pain on the other team.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

after this FA yes I do,

What GM JB and staff did this off season addressed our needs..

Michael Ferland - to protect Petey, and adds scoring to the top 6

Tyler Myers/Jordie Benn- Big upgrade on defence since forever.

JT Miller- great acquistion to the Top 6 either on Peteys or Bo's line

never been soo excited for upcoming season in a long time !

benning has made so many attempts trading for or signing defencemen, and basically none of them worked out. quite literally none of them have worked out if we're talking about acquiring proven nhl players.

why are we so confident this one will?

Edited by Josepho
  • Wat 4

30 minutes ago, Patrick Jane said:

Not in signing contracts

LOL

Let's hold out judgment on this until the important contracts are inked - namely Boeser, Petey and Hughes

I'd say good ol Jim has gotten some pretty decent contracts signed, foremost of which is the price he locked in Horvat for (and I have a feeling we will get a pretty good deal on Brock's contract too but I could be wrong)

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

LOL

Let's hold out judgment on this until the important contracts are inked - namely Boeser, Petey and Hughes

I'd say good ol Jim has gotten some pretty decent contracts signed, foremost of which is the price he locked in Horvat for (and I have a feeling we will get a pretty good deal on Brock's contract too but I could be wrong)

Not talking about the young guys

Free Agents signings have been pretty terrible.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Pears said:

Because Myers is proven to be much better than any of his previous acquisitions. You’d have to be quite dense to not see that. 

Myers was getting hemmed into his own zone despite getting a solid amount of OZone starts and having Byfuglien and Trouba take the tougher minutes. I'm sure having Kulikov as a partner is partially a factor in this, but he's been slowly declining for years and isn't the player he was in Buffalo.

He can probably manage with Hughes in a more sheltered role, but I see it as unlikely that he'll live up to the contract he's been given.

Edited by Josepho
  • Wat 2

5 minutes ago, Josepho said:

Myers was getting hemmed into his own zone despite getting a solid amount of OZone starts and having Byfuglien and Trouba take the tougher minutes. I'm sure having Kulikov as a partner is partially a factor in this, but he's been slowly declining for years and isn't the player he was in Buffalo.

He can probably manage with Hughes in a more sheltered role, but I see it as unlikely that he'll live up to the contract he's been given.

Actually, Myers' defensive game significantly improved after he left Buffalo.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

Actually, Myers' defensive game significantly improved after he left Buffalo.

At 5v5 last season, Tyler Myers ranked in the bottom half for NHL Defencemen in CA/60, SCA/60, xGA/60, SA/60 and GA/60 -- again, while facing easier deployment due to Byfuglien and Trouba carrying the load.

Edited by Josepho