The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 09, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Quick is done.

LA wasn’t as bad as the score suggests. 

Edler’s screen on that 2nd goal was crap. 

Great, keep Sutter fat and happy until they can find him a new home! 

There were so many bounces and puck luck that went our way last night that it’s hard to remember the holes in the game, like chemistry and unfinished checks. An awful team like LA was right there with the Canucks. The difference was Marky and the awful game by Quick.

Kinda glad he was left in for all of those. A bit of karma. 

QH is a QB. 

The puck is always moving forward when he gets it. 

Love his transition game so far.

Benn is going to be a playoff monster. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, iceman64 said:

SPANK!  Even LE might have got a point tonight.. most of the team did.. lol Even Schaller was visible tonight... however we know who will be out when Rous gets back

I can't wait to have that energy Rousell brings back in the line up, Motte too.  Virtanen and Schaller can take some notes on how to play in the bottom 6 and start finishing checks.

1 minute ago, LateNightBus said:

from the la kings insider:

Drew Doughty, on whether it was hard to “park” Tuesday’s game and emotion:
I mean, I ain’t going to park it. It’s just embarrassing. I mean, a team like that should not be beating a team like ours 8-2. There’s actually no way. I know they had a lot of energy right off the bat because it’s their home opener and they had their whole ordeal with the captain and whatever. But we had chances to come back, and then we just gave up a goal right after we scored a goal. It was a bad team effort by everyone on this team, I thought.

There is a way and they did it and the Canucks will do it again the next time they play. Why is there so long between games!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LateNightBus said:

I mean, I ain’t going to park it. It’s just embarrassing. I mean, a team like that should not be beating a team like ours 8-2. There’s actually no way. I know they had a lot of energy right off the bat because it’s their home opener and they had their whole ordeal with the captain and whatever. But we had chances to come back, and then we just gave up a goal right after we scored a goal. It was a bad team effort by everyone on this team, I thought.

It's kinda cute that Doughty still thinks "a team like (the Canucks) shouldn't be beating a team like (the Kings)".  Quick is way past his prime and most of their core is on the wrong side of 30.  Does he already forget finishing 2nd last in the entire league last year?

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dekey Pete said:

It's kinda cute that Doughty still thinks "a team like (the Canucks) shouldn't be beating a team like (the Kings)".  Quick is way past his prime and most of their core is on the wrong side of 30.  Does he already forget finishing 2nd last in the entire league last year?

He's in denial about LA's prospects for the future. 

God, I can't wait to be an obnoxious a*****e at the game here on the 30th. 

Edited by HerrDrFunk
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Woo hoo! Sounds like it was a great game! Unfortunately, I had to miss it (I PVRd it though and will watch tonight), I was at the screening for Metallica: S&M II. But when I got home fairly late, I did watch the opening ceremonies, which I thought were really great. Seeing Bert suited up looks like he could still play, and McLean in the black skate gear, awesome. It's got to be tough for the visiting team to sit through all of that, but every team's home opener is a bit longer with introductions, etc. I mean, EDM introduced the team's massage therapist in their home opener lol  Very happy to hear they won big like that.

18 minutes ago, LateNightBus said:

He's not saying anything untrue...we lost our first 2 games and one was against Edmonton. Quick was having a very bad night. Come on...8-2 WOW. If someone came on here and predicted the score they would have been laughed off the forum LOL. I am happy that we got the win on Bo's night for sure. And I am happy that we have some weight off the shoulders. Hopefully we can build off this.