The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC News reports the Conservatives hire firm to destroy Bernier and the PPC

mpt

2 minutes ago, mpt said:

https://apple.news/AluNhqFTBRH-plyYAmqh-oA

Bernier will be holding a press conference at 11am PST

If true, this isn’t good, but I’m not surprised that the Conservatives would go this far to stifle the competition.  I’m not a lawyer but would this be election interference?

dirty campaign. Cons for sure found the blackface pictures and sent it to the american press.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The "true" JT? Has the pendulum swung back over to "JT is a racist"?

I'm asking because I can't remember if Saturday is "racist day" or "not racist" day.....

According to him I'm a racist.  Until I ask him about it.  Then...crickets.

• Haha 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

According to him I'm a racist.  Until I ask him about it.  Then...crickets.

I was going to comment on that, because it's obviously ridiculous. I figured you can more than defend yourself.

Seems like Ryan has a bit of blind spot with that word. He can make a decent argument for a time, but for whatever reason, gets frustrated and starts throwing around silly accusations like that.:unsure:

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's not the point. 

Why should photos be kept secret because they're harmful to JT?

I agree, they shouldn’t be, especially when he states he’s been careful is entire life, respects everyone and tries to cram down his I’m better than you attitude.  He’s a disgrace, and so is Scheer and don’t get me started on Singh.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

That's not the point. 

Why should photos be kept secret because they're harmful to JT?

That's not the point either. Your assertion that it's "the true JT" is.

You've been pretty unclear about what you consider the "true" JT to be....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That's not the point either. Your assertion that it's "the true JT" is.

You've been pretty unclear about what you consider the "true" JT to be....

I’ll answer what I think the true JT is, it’s one word. Fake.

JT tries now to fix all the wrongdoings of his life by taking all his screw ups and making sure others now don’t do what he already done.

Edited by mpt
  • Cheers 1

Just now, mpt said:

I’ll answer what I think the true JT is, it’s one word. Fake.

That's fair, but I'll ask a different question: Is your opinion based on the blackface thing, or is it something else?

Personally, I think it's entirely possible to do something stupid 20 years ago and still feel differently about it today. For instance, 20 years ago, I was a Conservative / Social Credit voter.

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That's fair, but I'll ask a different question: Is your opinion based on the blackface thing, or is it something else?

Personally, I think it's entirely possible to do something stupid 20 years ago and still feel differently about it today. For instance, 20 years ago, I was a Conservative / Social Credit voter.

Nothing to do with blackface.  I think he was just and idiot and didn’t think.  I’m more concerned about his hand placement on that woman’s chest with his fingers open wide in a high school as a professor then him being Aladdin.  Also the hypocrit because you know if that was another leader he’d be all over it declaring racism, just like Elizabeth May and Singh did.

Edited by mpt
  • Cheers 1

Just now, gerry35 said:

Morally and ethically you can't vote for the Green's, NDP or Liberals, everything they believe is based on lies.. The Conservative's are almost as bad. It's easy to decide how to vote in this election, anyone who the Media pushes or makes excuses are the one's you don't want. Don't forget that the Liberal's paid off the media with 600 million of our tax payer money. The one's who they try to silence and spread lies about are the one's you should take a good look at. Maxime Bernier and the PPC have my vote, they are the closest to what I believe in and is why they have my vote. The establishment (media, politicians etc) are threatened by them which is why they are trying to destroy them.

Nobody got paid off.

Pretending the Conservatives are a step above the other 3 is childish.

Bernier didn't need a campaign against him, he's scuttled his own party.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, mpt said:

Nothing to do with blackface.  I think he was just and idiot and didn’t think.  I’m more concerned about his hand placement on that woman’s chest with his fingers open wide in a high school as a professor then him being Aladdin.  Also the hypocrit because you know if that was another leader he’d be all over it declaring racism, just like Elizabeth May and Singh did.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't agree with your characterization, (or more accurately, I don't think the evidence supports it) but I always appreciate honesty and I appreciate people who don't like Trudeau, but recognize that the blackface thing isn't nearly as big a deal as some of his detractors would like you to think.

• Upvote 1