The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

No need to go that far. Alberta judges are totally impartial and are the best in the world.

Actually it does because that's how precedent works.  That Supreme court decision will apply for the entire nation.   Saskatchewan is in on the challenge. 

That's how it works. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nah jt should do the right thing and let it go. He was beat by the most impartial judges in Canada. Just give the money back Justin,  no apology needed. 

Climate change is real .. why would any government support climate change ?  Are you hoping for warmer Alberta winters ?

2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

A little premature.   This kind of demand would be warranted if the Supreme Court of Canada ruled the Carbon Tax unconstitutional.  Until the Supreme Court rules, this is a bunch of hot air b.s.

The Supreme Court Of Canada may rule the carbon tax unconstitutional, but then decide to allow it "for the greater public good"; just as they did for random roadside checks.

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Looks like the fear mongering was just that.

The throne speech hinted at spending cuts of less than three per cent over three years. However, the speech said, funding will be maintained or increased for health care, education, community and social services, and children’s services.

With respect, that sounds like the last one and then....

17 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

reminds me of my  dentist..... so i say Freeze then cut .......  won't feel a thing...

While I my find your analogy funny it really doesn't have anything to do with what I said. The cuts that were tossed around are not true given what they said in the throne speech and they said they may increase it. As hippie pointed out they may not increase after that but I don't think it will be cuts it will just be freezes. But in reality if you look what we spend on education and Healthcare there has to be freezes it's getting out of hand. The saddest part is those in the cushiony near million-dollar a year jobs won't give up any money instead they'll take it from the teachers and nurses on the ground. Alberta Health Alberta education system has got too many millionaires involved in it.

Edited by Ryan Strome

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

While I my find your analogy funny it really doesn't have anything to do with what I said. The cuts that were tossed around are not true given what they said in the throne speech and they said they may increase it. As hippie pointed out they may not increase after that but I don't think it will be cuts it will just be freezes. But in reality if you look what we spend on education and Healthcare there has to be freezes it's getting out of hand. The saddest part is those in the cushiony near million-dollar a year jobs won't give up any money instead they'll take it from the teachers and nurses on the ground. Alberta Health Alberta education system has got too many millionaires involved in it.

With inflation.... a freeze is in reality... a cut... 

Yes, management has their hands in the cookie jar while regular joes on the front lines are stressed out  / under paid.

Superintendent Jordan Tinney was the district’s top earner, who received a $246,705 salary, $9,081 in benefits and $34,474 in pension contributions.

Tinney also received $44,573 in “other compensation,” including $24,870 in vacation payout and $19,703 as a vehicle allowance.

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/top-earners-in-surrey-school-district-revealed/

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

With inflation.... a freeze is in reality... a cut... 

Yes, management has their hands in the cookie jar while regular joes on the front lines are stressed out  / under paid.

Superintendent Jordan Tinney was the district’s top earner, who received a $246,705 salary, $9,081 in benefits and $34,474 in pension contributions.

Tinney also received $44,573 in “other compensation,” including $24,870 in vacation payout and $19,703 as a vehicle allowance.

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/top-earners-in-surrey-school-district-revealed/

Well at least we agree on the problem. Travis Toews told those high ranking managers to cut their pay they wouldn't. 

Here's something for you Alberta spends double what BC does on education yet on a per student basis I believe BC spends more. GREEDY MANAGMENT!!

I know Anthropogenic Climate Change is a hoax and that scientists are just protecting their funding, or have money invested in green energy futures, but this report doesn't look good, nor does the fact that the Alberta government sat on it for six months:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/topstories/alberta-government-took-six-months-to-release-alarming-climate-report/ar-BB10rMcD?li=AAggNb9

Alberta will warm faster than the rest of the planet because of human activity, causing a range of profound impacts on the province’s economy, infrastructure and public health, says a new report, prepared by climate scientists and published on a provincial government website.

“Projected changes will profoundly impact Alberta’s natural environment, and have the potential to affect the province’s agriculture, infrastructure, and natural resources, as well as the health and welfare of its inhabitants,” said the report, co-authored by Canadian climate scientist Katharine Hayhoe and postdoctoral research fellow Anne Stoner from Texas Tech University.

The projections from the report, entitled Alberta's Climate Future, are similar to projections for other parts of Canada that are warming faster than the rest of the world.

Premier Jason Kenney’s United Conservative Party government released the report more than six months after it received the final draft, leading some critics, such as former NDP environment minister Shannon Phillips who had commissioned the report, to suggest her successor tried to bury it.

More in the link.

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I know Anthropogenic Climate Change is a hoax and that scientists are just protecting their funding, or have money invested in green energy futures, but this report doesn't look good, nor does the fact that the Alberta government sat on it for six months:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/topstories/alberta-government-took-six-months-to-release-alarming-climate-report/ar-BB10rMcD?li=AAggNb9

More in the link.

So it will warm up here?

No more minus 40 to minus 50 for 2 weeks straight?

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

So it will warm up here?

No more minus 40 to minus 50 for 2 weeks straight?

Win / Win for Albertans..

Africa  will not fair quite so well though....  Of well, whats a few hundred million climate  refugees....  Maybe Alberta can sponsor them all as refugees..

That would be one solution. 

45 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Win / Win for Albertans..

Africa  will not fair quite so well though....  Of well, whats a few hundred million climate  refugees....  Maybe Alberta can sponsor them all as refugees..

That would be one solution. 

Well if our comrades in Canada would stop blocking us we would likely have the jobs for them.

• Cheers 1