The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Smart money - leaving Alberta

kingofsurrey

7 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Well the industry is shrinking. Thousands of jobs in the industry have left Canada to go to Texas, ever since Trudeau got re-elected.

Too funny.  Blaming JT on the oil industries slow death...  wow really...

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ok, so your idea is to reduce the amount of customers?

I think I am getting what you mean though, you want to punish the cities that oppose oil and gas, yet at the same time depend on the industry somewhat? 

Not punish them. Just help them to stay on the side they’ve chosen. Take away some of the hypocrisy.

26 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Too funny.  Blaming JT on the oil industries slow death...  wow really...

I’m not blaming anyone. Just commented on what has actually happened SINCE the election in October. Perhaps the mass exodus in the last 6 weeks is just a coincidence.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Not punish them. Just help them to stay on the side they’ve chosen. Take away some of the hypocrisy.

That's the thing these days... everyone is lumped into one camp or another.

There are some hypocrites in all places. As there are some sound minds willing to talk and figure out solutions for the environment while maintaining economic stability. 

38 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Well the industry is shrinking. Thousands of jobs in the industry have left Canada to go to Texas, ever since Trudeau got re-elected.

3 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I’m not blaming anyone. Just commented on what has actually happened SINCE the election in October. Perhaps the mass exodus in the last 6 weeks is just a coincidence.

By your very own statement.

Could that not also be the fault of Jason Kenney

• Haha 1

Its starting...................

shorter flights first but here we go...............

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/harbour-air-boss-to-test-pilot-worlds-first-electric-commercial-aircraft

Harbour Air boss to test-pilot world's first electric commercial aircraft

"When this thing flies it will be the first time on earth that this happens," said Roei Ganzarski, head of electric-engine maker magniX.

D
Updated: December 4, 2019

Greg McDougall, founder and CEO of Harbour Air, will be the test pilot for a 750-horse-power, electric powered float plane set to launch Dec. 11.

“When this thing flies it will be the first time on earth that this happens,” said Roei Ganzarski, head of magniX, the company that built and helped install the electric motor. “How could you not get excited about that?”

Harbour Air and Washington state-based magniX began work on the ePlane project at the start of this year. The goal was to fit one of Harbour Air’s DHC-2 de Havilland Beaver float planes with an electric motor that could be used on one of the airline’s shorter flights. Harbour Air is among the largest all-seaplane operators in the world, flying to 12 destinations. The company’s goal is to convert the entire fleet to electric-only.

• Upvote 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

That's the thing these days... everyone is lumped into one camp or another.

There are some hypocrites in all places. As there are some sound minds willing to talk and figure out solutions for the environment while maintaining economic stability. 

Yes that should be the goal.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

By your very own statement.

Could that not also be the fault of Jason Kenney

I would think it could be, however  if the exodus started in April right after he was elected, I’d be more inclined to look at that timeline.

Edited by Standing_Tall#37
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I would think it could be, however  if the exodus started in April right after he was elected, I’d be more inclined to look at that timeline.

I believe the exodus started just around mid 2013 actually by the numbers.  It has continued all the way through this month.  Who's fault is it?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I believe the exodus started just around mid 2013 actually by the numbers.  It has continued all the way through this month.  Who's fault is it?

Shortsighted citizenss for the last 100'ish years being duped in to believing that selling off our natural resources, at a discount no less, to rich, American companies was the smart thing to do?

And now that the good times are dwindling, those companies will simply:

Love-Them-and-Leave-Them-by-Sue-Shepherd

...&^@#ing off and leaving an environmental mess behind for us to clean up :towel:

<_<

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Shortsighted citizenss for the last 100'ish years being duped in to believing that selling off our natural resources, at a discount no less, to rich, American companies was the smart thing to do?

And now that the good times are dwindling, those companies will simply:

Love-Them-and-Leave-Them-by-Sue-Shepherd

...&^@#ing off and leaving an environmental mess behind for us to clean up :towel:

<_<

could had an NEP non committal

Helped you with  your economy, just a little

or whatever that annoying song says

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

could had an NEP non committal

Helped you with  your economy, just a little

or whatever that annoying song says

Alberta does have a national energy program. They sell to the US, then the rest of us get blamed for their choices. Seems to be working. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

So are you moving here or not? Or are we still all racist? Or were you just lying all along? I think the third one is correct

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

The liberals did not receive the most votes so if you liberal supporters were plugging your noses and voted liberal how many actually true liberal supporters are even left? 

They were voting for the party, not the leader.  Muck like a lot of conservative supporters were doing:gocan:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

The liberals did not receive the most votes so if you liberal supporters were plugging your noses and voted liberal how many actually true liberal supporters are even left? 

true? that varies a lot. Its harder maintaining a base in the middle. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Halliburton

encana 

Houston Oil & Gas

junior oil and gas

huge reduction of Husky

Those are the major players that have left in the last 6 weeks. 

As for your 2013 comment, I can’t find much about that but I see that in 2017 there was also a mass exodus from the tarsands.

4 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Yes, I don’t think it should be available in big cities that oppose it so much. 

Especially when they have alternative transport options. 

We can all debate whether AB & Sask can or will pull the pin on Canada but the other major split is urban versus rural. No transit out here in the boonies. Matter of fact if I don't have my 4 wheel drive I'm not going very far come snow fly. Resource harvesting no matter what the product takes lots of energy. We are paying a carbon tax on most facets of life to a much higher $ amount than our urban compatriots. Much of this is non-discretionary. 

9 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Halliburton

encana 

Houston Oil & Gas

junior oil and gas

huge reduction of Husky

Those are the major players that have left in the last 6 weeks. 

As for your 2013 comment, I can’t find much about that but I see that in 2017 there was also a mass exodus from the tarsands.

Pretty normal for business to be leaving an industry that is seem as dying  and has no future.

Are you surprised..... ? 

As an investor in any of these companies.... of course i would want the company to investing in oil sources with a lower cost and lower negative environmental impact....  than Alberta oil...

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Pretty normal for business to be leaving an industry that is seem as dying  and has no future.

Are you surprised..... ? 

As an investor in any of these companies.... of course i would want the company to investing in oil sources with a lower cost and lower negative environmental impact....  than Alberta oil...

So you’re saying you’d prefer to have blood oil from the Middle East? 

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

We can all debate whether AB & Sask can or will pull the pin on Canada but the other major split is urban versus rural. No transit out here in the boonies. Matter of fact if I don't have my 4 wheel drive I'm not going very far come snow fly. Resource harvesting no matter what the product takes lots of energy. We are paying a carbon tax on most facets of life to a much higher $ amount than our urban compatriots. Much of this is non-discretionary. 

I feel ya. 

0EB64B1D-B8C2-4B46-91C2-E60409F71FE1.jpeg

• Cheers 3