The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Feb. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

41 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Welp this is an absolute $&!# post. You're lucky I'm not a mod. 

Let’s put it this if the won tonight we’d be winning the cup.

We lost, so instead as a fan you call out everything and everyone.

Theres a chunk of good people here that understand the big picture but most either expect too much or get far too fired up, get mad at the players that I love and cheer for.

So yeah it was a garbage post but a realistic one. 

If that gets me kicked out then I don’t belong here but if you check my profile I’m a pretty realistic guy and post some pretty positive things.

• Cheers 1

I really don’t think it’s a matter of the sky is falling but we need to critically look at what happened tonight. 

this game is a blueprint of what we would see in the playoffs. Teams playing physically against our stars early, strong forecheck and crap reffing 

we need to know how to respond or else we will go 4 and out. Our d zone play is awful, we need done basic strategy to clear our zone and stick to it. Our powerplay is terrible, dumb it down get shots off and play for garbage out front. We need to immediately answer cheap shots and stop being pussies. We need to finish our checks....always 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Those are only two calls. They also missed a call where we could've been called for tripping. There were missed calls on both sides. We never really capitalized on any of the chances so blaming the refs is lazy.

Soooo calls missed on both sides constitute “fine” reffing 

interesting 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

why doesn't Green utilize his call ups. 

Bailey and Big Mac have the size and push back we need

what if we put both of them with EP to send a message?

Hindsight but yea we could have used some spark from one or both of those guys tonight.

Green shouldn’t be afraid to use his depth guys. Keep everyone fresh.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I don't know how you guys rate No-Effort losses the same as Full-Effort losses. Guys playing for millions of dollars not giving full effort is embarrassing and I bet the players that do give full effort(Marky) are not happy with their teammates when they let him down. Does anybody on this team want to stick up for Petey? Anybody? Anybody?

The loss is fine, the rest isn't.

Well on a positive note (not for us though) McIvoy stuck up for Tukka

Did you see that quote from everyones favorite, Mike Milbury, about not wanting a softie like TRavis Green onhis Isles Team?

I have backed off on Travis lately because the teamhas been doing well, But really didn't expect anything different from this game.

The Canucks are a good team against soft teams but get shut down against topugh teams .

Peopletalk about rough stuff not being part ofthe game any more, but it is still there and its pour achillies heel

Just now, canuck2288 said:

I meant more in terms of “owning” us on the ice and also they have beaten us in the games that matter 

Well in games that matter they beat us once more than we beat them.

In terms of “owning” us on the ice that’s always overblown. People seem to want a player like Lucic to run around and crack skulls every time our players get hit. How did that work for Calgary?

9 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

rest in peace horror GIF by lilcozynostril

You have no idea.. she slipped on the driveway this morning, is just getting a cold, and its the exact wrong time of the month for all of this. 

Edit. She was also grocery shopping while I watched this game. At least I got the kids fed and made them clean their rooms. 

Edited by JoshuaGuy
  • Cheers 1