The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Feb. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Boston is a very good team that plays a heavy game, with skill.  They are perfectly built for playoff hockey.  Canucks are not (yet) up to that standard but have the makings of a team that will compete well for several years to come.  Just need to add a bit of snarl to an already skilled team.  Patience, grasshoppers, patience !

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, bree2 said:

the canucks were not that good, but the refs set the tone right from the beginning of the game

No they didn't imo. A tired team takes penalties.  I did not dissagree with any of the calls really,  except for beagle getting more then 2 mintues,  and the bruins getting awat scott free. That was the only one IMO. And even that, they could see the game getting out of hand because of rask s injury history,  the score , and the obvious "oooooops i accidentally on perspose threw a shoulder to the head" move beagle made . He definitely did not try and avoid contact regardless of being somewhat agled in that direction.  If that was Markstrom and Marchand,  we would be perfectly ok with the call. 

There has been way to many games where we would have been absolutely annihilated without Markstrom in net. It worries me. If you thinkit is th reffs , we will agree to disagree. 

Canucks had their chances on the powerplay,  and crapped the bed . I cant remember a game with worse turnovers in recent memory, and sloppy defending leading to penalties.  

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He was better than some of the garbage played ahead of him as a rookie at the time.  However, blueline depth is better now (or at least more healthy).

I just want him to understand he needs to earn his minutes, not demand them.

Overall, I'm crossing fingers, because he was a prominent physical presence for us, and we're in desperate need of that right now.

Just one game. Like Tampa was.

The Bruins get away with what they do in part because they have an identity. They've established it over a long time. Something we need to redevelop since the Sedin era is over. The NHL values that kind of stability of a fanbase that creates. So they let them get away with more $&!#e especially at home, as long as it fits their Big Bad Bruins identity. Non calls are just as bad on us as calls against. And what time in the game calls are made. I think the refs know exactly what they are doing. Management 101. Add to that 3rd game in 4 nights, we needed a couple of bounces but they seemed to corner that market too. Goals bouncing off D.

I do wish Bo sometimes instead of taking out his frustration on his hockey stick, would take it out on an opponent. I know its not his game, but just for change, a lark.  I'm also tired of watching again, no one confront a Bruin after the late hit on Petey.  I hope Ferland doesn't take too long to get his legs back.  Doesn't have to fight, just hit like hell. And also hope a dark horse like Tram will find his way back on the team before season's end. Prove all the skeptics wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

My take...

Boston first goal was offside and here is why... the Boston player had control of the puck when he crossed the blue line with the puck and the other Boston player was offside. Had said Boston player banked the puck off the boards and then failed to touch it, then yes not offside. 
However the Boston player had total control of the puck and was merely stick handling. Let’s get real here... a players stick is not always touching his stick when stick handling. 
That goal and subsequent power play set the tone of the game. 
Bottom line Refs 1 Canucks 0

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

We had the entire game to seek out that alphabet no name d man and yet we didn’t as much as finish a check on him 

Green can be mad at the refs all he wants but we could have settled the score ourselves and we didn’t 

I think Benning needs to acquire a goon before trade deadline.

Let's trade for Kassian lol.