The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

2 hours ago, Squamfan said:

what would that do?

they could declare a public order emergency and be allowed to remove protestors doing dangerous activities without worrying about a charter challenge to their rights.  So e.g., they could declare that people aren't allowed to assemble near a train track while the emergency was going on. It just gives the RCMP more freedom to move people quickly from an area. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they could declare a public order emergency and be allowed to remove protestors doing dangerous activities without worrying about a charter challenge to their rights.  So e.g., they could declare that people aren't allowed to assemble near a train track while the emergency was going on. It just gives the RCMP more freedom to move people quickly from an area. 

Climate change deniers ....    change is hard for you right ?

Well the times are a changin...... your old way of thinking is no longer relevent and history will show you were wrong...

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 3

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Climate change deniers like you need to have your way ... right ?   

Well the times are a changin...... your old way of thinking is no longer relevent and history will show you were wrong...

go away. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Russ said:

IMO that pretty hack job reporting if I ever saw them.  These reporters on both sides think they can just yell anything to get a response and expect them to answer and when they don't they bash them.  Theres a time and a place to do reporting and ask questions and this clearly wasn't one of those times.

Journalistic ethics and standards are being eroded in today's world. Journos are too frequently out to promote themselves rather than dispersing facts to the audience. This is why there is a rush to get a story out, inaccuracies be damned because social media clicks matter. If someone else grabs your scoop they will get all the likes and receive credit for breaking the story. It's also about creating viral moments like that one, where you try and put a politician on the spot. If they stumble or are otherwise not quick enough to gather their thoughts, then it becomes red meat for one side or the other to chomp on.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Toews said:

Journalistic ethics and standards are being eroded in today's world. Journos are too frequently out to promote themselves rather than dispersing facts to the audience. This is why there is a rush to get a story out, inaccuracies be damned because social media clicks matter. If someone else grabs your scoop they will get all the likes and receive credit for breaking the story. It's also about creating viral moments like that one, where you try and put a politician on the spot. If they stumble or are otherwise not quick enough to gather their thoughts, then it becomes red meat for one side or the other to chomp on.

Its just pathetic.  Journalism is dead.  Journalism was supposed to be unbiased, fact based.  Now its all about opinions on both sides to push narratives and push that story out ASAP regardless of facts and accuracy where they figure they can just edit it at a later time when more info comes in.  Thats the worst part about the internet now, when a major story breaks I try and avoid reading and making snap judgements on it for a good 12 hours to see what else gets reported and what else has been edited in stories as more info is released and discovered.  

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm putting you on ignore. I'll say something to get banned if i don't, and you're not worth it. I can write any response you'd have anyway. 

Good riddens. I guess the thought of reading a book about climate change was just too daunting for you.   

250 million climate change refugees by 2050  ...  we the world need to change the way we do business now. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

46 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Good riddens. I guess the thought of reading a book about climate change was just too daunting for you.   

250 million climate change refugees by 2050  ...  we the world need to change the way we do business now. 

This is how I picture KOS :

Animated GIF

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

How do you know what kind of vehicle i drive tiny guy.....   are you a stalker ?

Tiny guy lol. Zing. Well I know you wouldn’t dare drive a gasoline or diesel powered vehicle because you obviously hate oil and gas so that’s obvious. Duh. So you either drive a Tesla or a different electric powered vehicle or you ride a bicycle to work. Oh wait, you don’t work cause your a trust fund baby. Nvm. 

Edited by Pickly
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Keep saying stop giving these fake protesters police protection.  Let the hard working citizens, who pay taxes deal with these loser leaches on society.  

First nations have a huge demographic of young males...  earn way less than the CDN norm.  Have poorer levels of education.

This situation is a bit of time bomb.   The CND and BC governements need to back off and negotiate in good faith.

Time to end the genocide. Time to end Apartheid in Canada....

The Mohawk Council of Khanawà:ke wishes to express its outrage and disgust regarding the actions taken this morning on Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory," the release said.

"It has become very obvious that use of injunctions and police against Indigenous people who are simply defending their own land from unwanted development will not produce a peaceful resolve."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/talks-cancelled-between-wet-suwet-en-hereditary-chiefs-federal-and-b-c-governments-1.4828611

10 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Tiny guy lol. Zing. Well I know you wouldn’t dare drive a gasoline or diesel powered vehicle because you obviously hate oil and gas so that’s obvious. Duh. So you either drive a Tesla or a different electric powered vehicle or you ride a bicycle to work. Oh wait, you don’t work cause your a trust fund baby. Nvm. 

So are you a stalker or not ? Quit beating around the bushes.. ?   

People can be against expanding the LNG / Fracking....  and dirty bitumen industry and still use resources....  It is about reducing our carbon footprint... not eliminating it.

You crack me up with your simplistic view on the situation.   Protestors are all bad. First nations people should be happy just to have few bucks and a few KM of pipe laid in their territories...  This dispute is about CDN and BC government disrespecting our first nations yet once again.  All in an attempt to ram a pipeline through with a reduced settlement at the same time.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

First nations have a huge demographic of young males...  earn way less than the CDN norm.  Have poorer levels of education.

This situation is a bit of time bomb.   The CND and BC governements need to back off and negotiate in good faith.

Time to end the genocide. Time to end Apartheid in Canada....

The Mohawk Council of Khanawà:ke wishes to express its outrage and disgust regarding the actions taken this morning on Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory," the release said.

"It has become very obvious that use of injunctions and police against Indigenous people who are simply defending their own land from unwanted development will not produce a peaceful resolve."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/talks-cancelled-between-wet-suwet-en-hereditary-chiefs-federal-and-b-c-governments-1.4828611

This is not at all about Indians.  This is a group of professional protesters hiding behind the veil of having Indian support. Indians want the project, because it will help the young people get work.  

Baseball bats and tire irons will end these fake protesters.  

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

So are you a stalker or not ? Quit beating around the bushes.. ?   

People can be against expanding the LNG and dirty bitumen industry and still use resources....  It is about reducing our carbon footprint... not eliminating it.

You crack me up with your simplistic view on the situation.   Protestors are all bad. First nations people should be happy just to have few bucks and a few KM of pipe laid in their territories...  This dispute is about CDN and BC government disrespecting our first nations yet once again.  All in an attempt to ram a pipeline through with a reduced settlement at the same time.....

It’s not at all about Indians King.  Indians want the projects to go.