The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Demko's time to shine

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

I for one am happy Marky is injured 

I'm going to get flamed for this but I'm looking at the long term big picture of it all.

If Marky is out 4 weeks it means that by the time he comes back the Canucks could have clinched the playoffs (without him) or they could still be fighting for their playoff life

If the Canucks Clinich a spot they did it with out Marky and Marky's value to this team is not as important as some think it is. A knee injury to a goaltender is one of the worst injuries a goalie can suffer, an injury like this could have effects for years. This alone could at least drive his asking price down if it is shown we do need him. 

My hope is that Demko proves to this management team and the fans that he is ready to take another step in becoming a regular nhl starter and shows to all that, Marky is not worth the price or term that fans believe he is

• Wat 2

I guess it is good to look at the bright side.  

If Demko looks great and gets to show that he can be prepared night in and night then that is exactly what we want.

If he falters, he gets more experience, clarifies where he is in development, and we get our first rounder back this year.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Well then, let’s hope Petey gets injured too so we can resign him cheaper when the time comes, heck let’s hope the whole team gets injured......except maybe Loui.

That's not what I'm saying at all Marky is going to be a 30 year old UFA goaltender and the Canucks have a viable replacement for him

That can not be said about Petey, Hughes, Horvat, Boeser or Miller

For the rest of the team at the right price any of them are tradeable

4 minutes ago, Grape said:

You're happy Marky is injured? Are you serious?

I'm not talking about the hockey aspect of it, which we can respectfully disagree, but you are actually glad that another human being is injured? What a POS you are.

2 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Very cold of you to say You are happy about his injury Thats messed up dude.

Ok let me clarify happy about the injury not that a person is injured 

• Haha 1

Here’s the thing.. it will lower his chances of getting a huge deal because it kills his vezina chances so therefore easier to resign... however you just handed Demko an opportunity to prove he can be a starter thus not needing to resign marky if it goes well...

2 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

That's not what I'm saying at all Marky is going to be a 30 year old UFA goaltender and the Canucks have a viable replacement for him

That can not be said about Petey, Hughes, Horvat, Boeser or Miller

For the rest of the team at the right price any of them are tradeable

Demko's been lit up this year, and I don't think he's ready, might never be ready.

This injury really hurts this team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Well then, let’s hope Petey gets injured too so we can resign him cheaper when the time comes, heck let’s hope the whole team gets injured......except maybe Loui.

5 minutes ago, Grape said:

You're happy Marky is injured? Are you serious?

I'm not talking about the hockey aspect of it, which we can respectfully disagree, but you are actually glad that another human being is injured? What a POS you are.

4 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Very cold of you to say You are happy about his injury Thats messed up dude.

See people have to twist my words cause the premise actually makes sense

You guys can't actually refute what the post is about

• Wat 1

A more tactile way of saying that would have been:

I'm not happy Marky is injured, but I'm excited to see what Demko can do, to finally see if he may be a better, younger option than signing Marky to a big NTC as a 30 year old.

Saying 'I'm glad hes injured' just as the deadline passed, Oilers and Vegas improved, and in the dead of a 5 way race for the playoffs is pretty unintelligent

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Davathor said:

A more tactile way of saying that would have been:

I'm not happy Marky is injured, but I'm excited to see what Demko can do, to finally see if he may be a better, younger option than signing Marky to a big NTC as a 30 year old.

Saying 'I'm glad hes injured' just as the deadline passed, Oilers and Vegas improved, and in the dead of a 5 way race for the playoffs is pretty unintelligent

But I am happy the injury happen I'm not happy some one had to get injured buy trust me I'm I could not be more happy this injury happened

It could stop Benning from making what I believe could be a his biggest mistake if he re-signs Marky