The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Red Wings sign Mathias Brome

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I just realized he was a winger. This whole time I thought he was a D man. :lol:

Definitely not as bummed now. We have no room on wing. We just let go of a highly skilled winger in Goldobin who is likely better than Brome.

Agreed. Brome was just the latest in the "shiny new toy that I really, really want" category that appears on CDC every time a free agent signs somewhere other than Vancouver.

14 hours ago, brownky said:

Will he be added to the list of... Fabian Brunstromm, Ville Leino, Damien Brunner, Vadim Shipachyov, Jonas Gustafson and all the other "best players not in the NHL" who definitely all became household names as superstars?

In all fairness to Leino, he at least played in a SCF and earned a decent sized contract from Buffalo so he was not nearly as bad as the others you listed. 

On 4/28/2020 at 7:23 PM, DeNiro said:

I just realized he was a winger. This whole time I thought he was a D man. :lol:

Definitely not as bummed now. We have no room on wing. We just let go of a highly skilled winger in Goldobin who is likely better than Brome.

Yeah. I think he would have had a harder time here getting a spot in the lineup especially when considering players like Hoglander and Podkolzin could also be in the mix in the next couple of years to an already solid looking forward group.

We really need that defense though.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:52 PM, The Lock said:

Yeah. I think he would have had a harder time here getting a spot in the lineup especially when considering players like Hoglander and Podkolzin could also be in the mix in the next couple of years to an already solid looking forward group.

We really need that defense though.

We absolutely do, I can't see us letting Tanev walk.  

Hopefully Juolevi or Rafferty come through next year but it's looking very slim outside of Quinn Hughes.  Tryamkin would be great, but we ain't got no money!