The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bettmans Email

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So you think the the league and Sutherland conducted themselves professionally?  Rome's hit on Fakin Horton was also playoff hockey, but the league decided to consult someone with an axe to grind before giving Rome an absolutely ridiculous suspension.  The complete lack of accountability for gross misconduct has to be addressed.  Bettman made the decision to not do so voluntarily, so he is bringing this on himself.  Fire Sutherland before he's allowed to rig more games and most fans would be willing to call it even.

think having Camphell in charge of  player safety  and handling out suspension is just has worse. Remember he did that until June 1 2011, then ex Canucks coach (who was fired mike murphy took over) The fact that Chara never got anything for almost paralyzing pacioretty is a joke. Micheal Ryder in the series vs Tampa jumped and hit guy in the head. It was  blindside ,and oh it was late. Campbell did not suspend him because it would have affected his son winning a championship. One day this stuff is going to come out, and it going to be best thing ever.

Below is the ruling the Rome hit.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So you think the the league and Sutherland conducted themselves professionally?  Rome's hit on Fakin Horton was also playoff hockey, but the league decided to consult someone with an axe to grind before giving Rome an absolutely ridiculous suspension.  The complete lack of accountability for gross misconduct has to be addressed.  Bettman made the decision to not do so voluntarily, so he is bringing this on himself.  Fire Sutherland before he's allowed to rig more games and most fans would be willing to call it even.

It was 10 years ago, and honestly if you're still bringing the Aaron Rome suspension as if him playing would have had any effect on the outcome of the series... What happened happened, and it happened 10 years ago. Let's move on shall we? They won the cup, nothing is going to change that or take it back. Next time maybe we can be the bullies and take the cup home instead.

41 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

It was 10 years ago, and honestly if you're still bringing the Aaron Rome suspension as if him playing would have had any effect on the outcome of the series... What happened happened, and it happened 10 years ago. Let's move on shall we? They won the cup, nothing is going to change that or take it back. Next time maybe we can be the bullies and take the cup home instead.

Getting a commissioner with integrity would be a start.  What Bettman has done to the sport is simply unforgivable.  The league has also shown zero signs of cleaning up their act.  They've also insisted on letting Sutherland continue his match fixing during our games, despite ample evidence that he was a problem official.

Edited by King Heffy

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Getting a commissioner with integrity would be a start.  What Bettman has done to the sport is simply unforgivable.  The league has also shown zero signs of cleaning up their act.  They've also insisted on letting Sutherland continue his match fixing during our games, despite ample evidence that he was a problem official.

Listen if you want to blow up his email and see how far that gets you be my guest. But if you think emailing him is going to change the way the league is run, you might be in for a surprise. It's just wasted energy.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Funny thing is that this happened 4 years ago, and Gary is still using the same email address:

The tweet is from 4 years ago, but the email in the tweet is from 2011. He's had the email for at least 9 years and two leaks of what it is. His spam folder is probably HUGE

8 hours ago, Vanuckles said:

Stop it. That's why Canucks fans are the most hated in the NHL. Ashamed to say even more than Toronto. TORONTO. It was 10 years ago, and the Bruins played playoff hockey. Nobody should be surprised that the whistles were put away, that's literally what happens every year. They were better equipped to handle the rigor of the post-season and they won. Admit defeat, learn from it and move on. Chicago had a huge team in 2010 when they won it. LAK bullied their way to the cup the year after, then again in 2014. STL bullied their way to the cup last year. 2way physical hockey is what wins in the playoffs. Build the team accordingly, which I'm happy to say is what we're doing here.

I legit believe the team being built now is the Canucks version of the 80s Oilers. They might not win a cup or five but this is slowly becoming the powerhouse of Canucks teams as far as the core is concerned.

• Cheers 1

On 5/8/2020 at 1:34 AM, BowtieCanuck said:

I legit believe the team being built now is the Canucks version of the 80s Oilers. They might not win a cup or five but this is slowly becoming the powerhouse of Canucks teams as far as the core is concerned.

Every now and then I’m surprised by the complete naivety of some fans and can’t tell if this is sarcasm.   The league has changed and we won’t see any pre-cap powerhouses ever again.  The closest we will ever get is from teams with no state tax like Vegas and Florida and even then the advantage pales in comparison to pre-salary disclosure teams.  EDM, NYI and MTL would have half the marquee players in today’s game if they were lucky.   Like PIT has managed (3/5).  It’s vanilla all around for everyone now - yes JB is building a good team for us.  No he’s not building a dynasty it’s virtually impossible in today’s game.   No Wayne Gretzky if that’s not enough - no Messier (and hate to have to say that) no Coffey (sorry QHs won’t be that good) no Kurri even - well maybe but doubtful.   Then you have guys like Linsman and Simpson.   Miller?  maybe but still yet to do it.  Who’s Lowe? Huddy even?  They sent 10 guys to the all-star game one year....back when only deserving guys went.   Not only did they have the best to ever lace them up they had killer support guys.  Oh yeah Anderson too.  We’d be lucky to have a guy as clutch as he was.   Only Mr. Game 7 has a case to surpass what he did. 

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Every now and then I’m surprised by the complete naivety of some fans and can’t tell if this is sarcasm.   The league has changed and we won’t see any pre-cap powerhouses ever again.  The closest we will ever get is from teams with no state tax like Vegas and Florida and even then the advantage pales in comparison to pre-salary disclosure teams.  EDM, NYI and MTL would have half the marquee players in today’s game if they were lucky.   Like PIT has managed (3/5).  It’s vanilla all around for everyone now - yes JB is building a good team for us.  No he’s not building a dynasty it’s virtually impossible in today’s game.   No Wayne Gretzky if that’s not enough - no Messier (and hate to have to say that) no Coffey (sorry QHs won’t be that good) no Kurri even - well maybe but doubtful.   Then you have guys like Linsman and Simpson.   Miller?  maybe but still yet to do it.  Who’s Lowe? Huddy even?  They sent 10 guys to the all-star game one year....back when only deserving guys went.   Not only did they have the best to ever lace them up they had killer support guys.  Oh yeah Anderson too.  We’d be lucky to have a guy as clutch as he was.   Only Mr. Game 7 has a case to surpass what he did. 

I never said they were going to be EXACTLY like the Oilers team from 80s, I said they COULD be the Canucks version of it. Hell, I didn't even say they would win a cup. I get your distain for the average, wide eyed diehard Canuck fan but I am not that. I know this teams history preceeds any success the team will have in the future.

Edited by BowtieCanuck