The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Weird nut for sure.

He's too small for that div. As pointed out before, if you're small and your wrestling sucks it eventually will be a long night. 

Dana calling it a mental breakdown is a joke though. Holland is a fighter to the core and has fun with it. After all this time, maybe a wuss like Dana still can't understand men that are truly fearless. 

He has already called out Belal wants to get going at 170. 

i thought Thiago Santos was going to kill him. 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Agreed, Stipe will try and take him down I would assume

Ngannou's punching power is off the charts. Well, actually on the charts...at #1...recorded at the UFC facility as the hardest out there.

That said his technique is flailing and open. 

I agree, Stipe will take him down, wall and stall, wear him down, close distance. I see it going the same way as the first fight....unless the monster connects... and he only needs one shot.

HorriblePopularBullfrog-size_restricted.gif.779c91ad6bcc644e938842cf3dbc5549.gif

22 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Ngannou's punching power is off the charts. Well, actually on the charts...at #1...recorded at the UFC facility as the hardest out there.

That said his technique is flailing and open. 

I agree, Stipe will take him down, wall and stall, wear him down, close distance. I see it going the same way as the first fight....unless the monster connects... and he only needs one shot.

HorriblePopularBullfrog-size_restricted.gif.779c91ad6bcc644e938842cf3dbc5549.gif

Oh if he connects Stipe is likely out cold

• Cheers 1

In terms of watching great fights with skilled fighters, the HW division is (and always has been) pretty lackluster in MMA in my opinion. But the aura around guys like N'Gannou make the fight so intriguing. You're not going to see Mighty Mouse do a flying armbar or absolute wars like Diaz/McGregor, Lawler/MacDonald, Zhang/Joanna, Hooker/Poirier, etc. But the feeling of danger is just so much higher at this stage. 

Edit: Though Stipe is kind of an exception when it comes to HWs... more skill than power/brute force IMO. But then there are guys like Derrick Lewis who I find less interesting because they are mediocre or poor at so many other aspects of MMA. 

Edited by Down by the River

Mcdavid vs Mathews about to start. 

Then UFC.. 

What a great night of sports lined up..  

Nganou is a more complete fighter and is taking his training a lot more seriously since then.. 

I think Stipes reign atop the UFC HW division comes to an end tonight.. 

Really rooting for Manap to get a win. He's such a funny and nice guy ... great team mate. 

13 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Mullarkey has that Dustin Poirier torso. 

Yeah and kinda looks like Mac Danzig to me,

I'm gonna go..

Stipe,

Woodley

Clown Hair

as my picks for the last 3 fights.

I  don't have a good feeling with any of my picks though.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Gillian doing good so far. Pbbly 1rd each so far. Big round coming up.

3rd round decides the fight

Man, can Maverick throw them hands or what... Very good boxer and only 23yrs old. 

Yep, the second round was a lot better for her.  Probably needs a submission here.

• Cheers 1