The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

32 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

i still remember my cousin driving his g35 in burnaby a few years ago during a snow storm 

total fail going up the hills lol 

had to  push it up the hill with couple of buddies:lol:

Early 90's driving a 1972 Oldsmobile Omega, with crap tires. Driving the hills of Burnaby white knuckling all the way until I got to Vancouver. Ahhh...to be young and stupid. 

47 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

i still remember my cousin driving his g35 in burnaby a few years ago during a snow storm 

That's hilarious. RWD cars in snow are such a gong show.

For $&!#s and giggles a few buddies and I did a road trip through northern BC in December in an old V8 Crown Vic police car complete with push bumper.  Even with snow tires we were drifting constantly.  I don't think the car had its back wheels behind it during a single corner of that trip.

It was awesome.

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Early 90's driving a 1972 Oldsmobile Omega, with crap tires. Driving the hills of Burnaby white knuckling all the way until I got to Vancouver. Ahhh...to be young and stupid. 

54 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

the only hill i know burnaby is boundary and burnaby mountain what are the others lol

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

the only hill i know burnaby is boundary and burnaby mountain what are the others lol

Royal Oak is pretty big..heading down towards Deer Lake and any street coming up from Marine Way to Rumble.

I grew up in Burnaby and there are plenty.

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Currently snowing in Burnaby, and I know everyone has their snow tires on, right???? Caribou Hill is a downhill course apparently, cars spinning out, I assume going up, but I'm sure coming down, because, yes Shaky, that one is pretty steep too! Lots of hills in Burnaby.

I forgot about Caibou Hill..lol...I even went to Caribou Hill school.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Squamfan said:

this is a prime example of vancouver people with no snow tires and then they decide to go to whistler without snow tires

It's a prime example of people not knowing how to drive properly.  You don't need snow tires for that little of snow.  90% of people here in Buffalo use normal tires on their vehicles and during mid-winter our snow can some years be measured in feet, not inches.