The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I could not disagree more with this. I know there are a thousand other people telling you the same thing! I still feel i need to tell you how wrong you are.

I'm assuming that you're directing this comment at Clutch, but you're wasting your time if so. He's long gone.

This needs some serious attention. Where's Auger when we need him to do a Blues' pre game skate? Makes the league look bad.

Upshall needs to trade his skates in for soccer cleats. Honestly....Burr's had to deal with a lot of "focus" on him and when guys like this play off that, they need to be addressed in a similar fashion.

He went down like he was sniped from the stands for chrrissake...shame on him, I'm sending him a tutu for Hallowe'en.

In the past, Burr would have got 10 games for not administering CPR and Ron McLean would have sent flowers and a get well card to Upshall's dressing room while lambasting Burr on air. Ah, the good old days...just glad the league's starting to release their hold on him. But for some to play off Burr's "history" with this crap? Pathetic.

• Upvote 2

he is viewed as a liabilityby the league an refs have targeted him an easy touch to give other teams a power play against us.

it is some what more he is $4.5 million dollar expensive liability with very little chance to be traded he is locked in with us for the duration.

It's like a forced marriage now. Only the contract has value. If only he could be traded! Guy is probably toxic to other GMs and we will have to eat his salary until the end. He should be a 3rd liner this year and not see any PP until he starts looking like he did 5 years ago. I hope he can demonstrate his value but he is more of a liability at present--not his fault, his agent did a great job and Mgmt. bit. And the league is still showing it's lack of professionalism by still carrying vendettas. Can't wait to be rid of this ball and chain.