The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

That whole plot doesn't make sense for Littlefinger: (ep 4 spoiler)

Why marry Sansa to the Boltons? Does he really expect Sansa to stick a knife into Roose or Ramsey? Or even help Stannis in anyway shape or form? If he thinks Stannis will win like he said, then why not just wait til Stannis defeats the Boltons before sending Sansa back to Winterfell? How will Sansa exact her revenge exactly? And now Cercei is summoning Baelish, he is one Bolton raven away from having his limbs ripped apart by Cercei. Roose Bolton send that raven just for fun. And why would Littlefinger go to King's Landing anyways? If Winterfell is out of the Lannister's reach than he can just easily ignore Cercei's recall.

This plot makes for great television but it makes no sense on every level if one actually think about it. The only conclusion is that Littlefinger is indeed trying to get rid of Sansa, but that doesn't make sense either.

I agree that D&D have lost the plot with this one.

Littlefinger is not one to take this kind of risk, and the reward isn't any more than if he waited.

The storyline with killing off Robin and using the character with Arryn blood (can't remember his name), to unite the Vale and the North makes so much more sense than this.

Disappointed that storyline isn't being used. I suspect GRRM told D&D that doesn't work out so they chose to leave it out of the show.

I thought what happened at the end of the 4th episode actually broke the essence of ASOIAF a bit.

If you look you will find many 'essence breakers' throughout the series, which is why its just best to turn off that part of the brain. I still can't imagine someone doing a better job adapting. So many people would truly butcher the story.

Edited by butters

If you look you will find many 'essence breakers' throughout the series, which is why its just best to turn off that part of the brain. I still can't imagine someone doing a better job adapting. So many people would truly butcher the story.

I can imagine me doing a better job adapting this. B)

The books and show at this point don't exist in the same universe.

Book readers know the end product but different things happen to different characters on the way there

Case and point, Sansa going to Winterfell to marry Ramsay rather than fake Arya. I can only speculate that Stannis will liberate Winterfell

I think that Stannis will attempt to liberate Winterfell, but will be killed by Brienne. Just from the potential foreshadowing from Brienne's convo with Pod involving Renly's death. Theon will rescue Sansa though. Not sure what will happen with the Boltons. You know that D&D is going to go for some sort of twist in this storyline, so who knows what will actually happen.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect

I imagine its because you are not at all considering the massive restrictions you would be under.

True enough. They only have 10 hours and so much money.

But still... I don't want to spoil episodes 2 to 4 so I won't say anything. But some of the scenes in there can be improved dramatically.

Edited by Hugor Hill

I think that Stannis will attempt to liberate Winterfell, but will be killed by Brienne. Just from the potential foreshadowing from Brienne's convo with Pod involving Renly's death. Theon will rescue Sansa though. Not sure what will happen with the Boltons. You know that D&D is going to go for some sort of twist in this storyline, so who knows what will actually happen.

Brienne has been talking about killing Stannis for ages, but this time Brienne is going to the north where Stannis is. Boy that would be something. But on the other hand, people promised to take revenge on GoT all the time but most of the fail to do so.

No GJ we are not talking about the books.

is there not a thread devoted to the books? why are people discussing them here

Because we're allowed to talk to the point of the TV show. So that's why people were talking about Tyrion killing Tywin and the whole problem behind the show's portrayal, blah blah blah. But now that the show is CLEARLY deviating, there's bound to be accidental spoilers.

"Because in the books, there should be aliens already"

Just watched the second episode. I liked it quite a bit. Stuff doesn't need to be happening on screen all the time. Sometimes you just need to sit on things. That's why Sons of Anarchy turned into such a $&!# show.

i also liked this last episode. you can tell big things are happening.

I liked it as well, but I can't stop myself from poking holes is D & D's adaptation.

Case in point: Jaqen tells Arya that he's indebted to her. Gives her a Bravosi coin and tells her "If you ever need me...." So Arya shows up at the House of B&W and he tells her to get lost.

She's a young girl in a city she doesn't know, with cutthroats and Bravos all over the place. She's a survivor, but a pretty shoddy way to treat someone who saved you from burning alive.

Also, Jaqen's promise to her was "Three deaths. No more. No less." I'm pretty sure there was more than one guard at the gates of Harrenhal...

I didn't like that episode. Or at least a strong majority of it. That was probably the most disinterested I've been in an episode of Game of Thrones since it started. I have to go back and catch the last minute or so though, because my PVR cut it off. It just stopped as Lord Friend Zone was creeping up behind Tyrion.