The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Pretty good episode but it felt more like a prologue for season 6 than anything else. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it because there were a lot of great moments - Theon/Sansa/Brienne scene was great as was the scenes at the wall.

I also like what they did with Cersei this episode. I don't think there's any question that Lena Headey is the best actress in this show. 

But my God is the Dorne plotline bad. I'm cringing the entire time the Sand Snakes are on the screen. 

Also how did they get on the boat with Trystane? They were on the dock watching them sail off at the end of season 5 lol.

Not surprised with the ending since that theory was well laid out in the books.

It also looks like Melisandre has given up hope and is losing her faith since everything she thought was going to happen doesn't appear possible anymore. It seems like she's ready to die.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanuckinEdm said:

I was talking with my wife near the end that it didn't feel like GOT cause there were no titties.... thanks Melisandre :blink:

I'm going to miss those. 

Hopefully Tyene can make up some of that lost ground.

Edited by theminister

40 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Anybody see anything special in that pool of blood Jon left behind? The camera hovered on it for a while and Davos did a double take on it. 

I think the camera hovered over it to show that it was not fresh blood and that Jon had been left to bleed out for a while.

Yea there's no debating that the Dorne plot is horrendous but what makes it worse is that those "actresses"( i cringe even calling them that) are absolutely terrible. By far the worst characters and performers on the series

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

I've seen people say that it's looks like dragon wings, but I didn't really notice

I stared at it for about 10 minutes and I saw it too, but I also started to see a woods witch and a three legged imp...

6 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I think the camera hovered over it to show that it was not fresh blood and that Jon had been left to bleed out for a while.

I would think he'd bleed out within minutes with the stabbing he took. Also, it wouldn't take long for that blood to freeze in the snow in those low temperatures with winter clearly coming. Just seems weird, because they clearly made an effort to draw our attention to it. But I couldn't piece it together. 

So watching the final scene again(up until the de-robing) I didn't notice her necklace/amulet lit up as she took it off(was looking a little lower).  I thought she took one of those vials next to the mirror.  Could it be that she knows the only way her vision would be correct is to sacrifice her life for him?  Or was that nasty scene someone she does everynight and that amulet keeps her alive?  The scene where that village girl thought Tyrion was going to eat her baby was hilarious.  And how did Trystan get back?  He was sailing with Jaime and Marcella when she died iirc.  Atleast things are looking up for Sansa finally,  enough with torturing the poor girl it gets tiresome to watch.

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

So watching the final scene again(up until the de-robing) I didn't notice her necklace/amulet lit up as she took it off(was looking a little lower).  I thought she took one of those vials next to the mirror.  Could it be that she knows the only way her vision would be correct is to sacrifice her life for him?  Or was that nasty scene someone she does everynight and that amulet keeps her alive?  The scene where that village girl thought Tyrion was going to eat her baby was hilarious.  And how did Trystan get back?  He was sailing with Jaime and Marcella when she died iirc.  Atleast things are looking up for Sansa finally,  enough with torturing the poor girl it gets tiresome to watch.

I've been thinking of the Trystane angle and I think the likely scenario is that after Myrcella died, it was decided that KL would be a very bad place for a Martell. We don't know how far out of Sunspear the ship was, so the producers are probably suggesting that they sent Trystane back, using a skiff.

They likely didn't bother taking up any production time, thinking we would figure it out for ourselves.

To me the more difficult conundrum was suggested by the minister: What happened to the Bolton dogs when Pod and Brienne showed up to rescue Sansa?

As far as the closing scene with Red Mel goes, I'm under the impression that the transformation happens every time she takes that necklace with the ruby off. This is just the first time we've seen it. (and hopefully the last)

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I've been thinking of the Trystane angle and I think the likely scenario is that after Myrcella died, it was decided that KL would be a very bad place for a Martell. We don't know how far out of Sunspear the ship was, so the producers are probably suggesting that they sent Trystane back, using a skiff.

They likely didn't bother taking up any production time, thinking we would figure it out for ourselves.

To me the more difficult conundrum was suggested by the minister: What happened to the Bolton dogs when Pod and Brienne showed up to rescue Sansa?

As far as the closing scene with Red Mel goes, I'm under the impression that the transformation happens every time she takes that necklace with the ruby off. This is just the first time we've seen it. (and hopefully the last)

Pretty sure Trystane was on the boat at KL - the sand snakes followed in another boat (maybe the next day in a faster boat?) 

I would think that after Marcellas death, the last thing Jamie or anybody else would be concerned about would be Trystanes well being. He is more useful as a hostage at this point and was kept aboard the ship until Ceirci settles down. 

As for the dogs, I don't think they just disappeared. I watched it a couple times I'm pretty sure that I heard them running away yelping/barking. Regardles, kinda outta character for those dogs...

14 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Pretty sure Trystane was on the boat at KL - the sand snakes followed in another boat (maybe the next day in a faster boat?) 

I would think that after Marcellas death, the last thing Jamie or anybody else would be concerned about would be Trystanes well being. He is more useful as a hostage at this point and was kept aboard the ship until Ceirci settles down. 

As for the dogs, I don't think they just disappeared. I watched it a couple times I'm pretty sure that I heard them running away yelping/barking. Regardles, kinda outta character for those dogs...

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess we'll know for sure next episode, if Jaime checks the boat and finds Trystane's body.

Of course, knowing D & D, they might just gloss the whole thing over...

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah she uses the ruby on the necklace as a glamour to change her appearance. I think she can use other things too though because there's a bathtub scene in s04 where she isn't wearing it.

I'm not an "uber fan" of GoT, but I still watch all of them. Never have a problem with them and never blown away by them either (except for Tyrion's trial). So this episode was more of the same for me. Which isn't bad.

I will say that I'm glad they have toned down the completely unnecessary graphic, GRAPHIC nudity and sex over the last few seasons. Not that I have an issue with nudity or sex (I am married), just thought that GoT was becoming a parody of itself with it; relying far too heavily on an area that brought nothing to the story.

So yeah. Last episode didn't do anything to move the story ahead, but I'm fine with it as an opening to the season.

42 minutes ago, Monty said:

I'm not an "uber fan" of GoT, but I still watch all of them. Never have a problem with them and never blown away by them either (except for Tyrion's trial). So this episode was more of the same for me. Which isn't bad.

I will say that I'm glad they have toned down the completely unnecessary graphic, GRAPHIC nudity and sex over the last few seasons. Not that I have an issue with nudity or sex (I am married), just thought that GoT was becoming a parody of itself with it; relying far too heavily on an area that brought nothing to the story.

So yeah. Last episode didn't do anything to move the story ahead, but I'm fine with it as an opening to the season.

The (I am married) is weird lol