GREAT movie, by the way.

I'm totally out of the loop. For a while I couldn't understand why:

1) So many people were reviewing Project X

2) Why people discussed how funny it was

3) How anyone could rate it poorly

...then, I realized, they weren't talking about this -

Project-X-DVD.jpg

GREAT movie, by the way.

I laughed pretty hard when I read that, I thought about that movie too whenever I saw previews for the new project x.

Saw Prometheus. Loved it. (maybe a little spoiler, just in case) I am a little bias because I am a huge fan of Alien. I loved how the movie felt like Alien as it was in the same universe but had its own story and set itself apart rather than just leading into the Alien movies. I hoped that it would answer a bunch of questions but ended up creating a whole lot more with its own story line. 9/10

9/10

Prometheus - 9/10

No, it doesn't tie in perfectly with Alien, and yes, characters often do really stupid stuff to move the plot along. But it's so rare that you get a genre film with this kind of budget (the acting is fantastic, and the movie itself is gorgeous) which is willing to explore really deep and interesting themes. I really highly recommend seeing it, and do yourself a favour and watch it in IMAX 3D. It's worth it.

Dear Zachary - 9.5/10

It's a Canadian documentary filmed by a murdered man's best friend for his unborn son, so he could have a way to learn about his father. At least that's how it starts out. I don't want to ruin the story but it was one of the most gut-wrenching films I've ever seen. It's absolutely worth watching.

The Hit - 9/10

2 hitmen nab a snitch who's been living in hiding in Spain for a decade, and try to transport him back to Paris to be executed by the mob. The cinematography is great, the acting is fantastic, and the dialogue is really snappy. It's got a pretty low body count, and there's very little "action" to speak of, but it sustains a really high level of tension throughout.

Goon - 7.5/10

Better than I thought it would be.

Alien - 9.5/10

An almost flawless film which still holds up 30 years later.

Knuckle - 7/10

A documentary about roving Irish families that periodically fight eachother for honour. The footage is brutal and pretty riveting, but it's a half-hour too long and it's pretty hollow in the end.

Archived