The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

I cant recall in my 40+ years living in Vancouver the air quality being this horrid.

Only time that comes close is when Burns Bog was burning when I was a kid.

Sure glad our Premier was busy tweeting about True Detective last night & not busy actively finding a solution to resolve this problem quicker.

• Upvote 1

I cant recall in my 40+ years living in Vancouver the air quality being this horrid.

Only time that comes close is when Burns Bog was burning when I was a kid.

Sure glad our Premier was busy tweeting about True Detective last night & not busy actively finding a solution to resolve this problem quicker.

LOL!! I am all for CC bashing but seriously... that one was a stretch. I know she isn't a great premier, but I bet she's a worse firefighter. Lets leave that to the people who know what they're doing.

Woke up Sunday morning here in Nanaimo and it was orange. It was like being on another planet; does this look familiar?:

Its still poisonous outside now, but at least its been slightly cooler and not pushing the mid 30s.

The Sun tries to burn through the smoke so it doesn't have the feel of a genuine overcast, and it paints everything in a sickly orange glow.

This must be what living in Mexico City is like.

Edited by Red Light Racicot

Anyone else notice the 6 year pattern here?

so we should be good til 2021 great

thankfully the smoke and burned smelled seems to have gone away near my house in Vancouver still cloudy which i assume is probably the smoke still

Edited by Dragonfruits

I've been wearing a dust mask for the last two days at work, outside. You can see white ash floating everywhere. By 2 hrs into the day the smoke is inside and irritating to the eyes and lungs. I'd like to see a bit of rain, followed by a change in wind direction.