The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Stamkos? Now you've really lost it.

OH NO NOT ICING?!?!

Scoring the game-tying goal and leading the game with 6 hits while not being on the ice for a goal against (and being on for 2 goals for, hence the +2 rating) definitely does not out-weigh that. Oh yeah, and first star of the game.

But wait, he ICED the puck!

Good points and i will just add that on the Kesler goal Bieksa had jumped into the play and was standing in front of the Isles net when the Kesler shot came through.

Bieksa has been getting his points these days which is nice to see but if you watch closely whats great is that he has been making some very nice plays on the ice that have been leading to goals for also but not getting the points.

Congrats to Bieksa Kesler is our warrior at forward on this team and Bieksa is the warrior on our defence!

16 points and +18, which is tied for the team lead.

Not bad Juice....not too shabby at all. You are really....making some 'fans' look ridiculous this season.

I still am baffled as to why people are only coming around when the points are piling up.

He has been playing well from the start of the season.

I still am baffled as to why people are only coming around when the points are piling up.

I agree, he's been solid since the start and lights out the last 20 games or so. Happy for him and the team that the bounces are finally going his way.

It's hard to pinpoint it, and I don't want to pigeon-hole anyone, besides the obvious haters and trolls, but I think there are many reasons.

There are your obvious bandwagoners who want ot get in on the love while Bieksa is cranking it up a notch ever since after his first not so stellar, but ok, or so-so first 10 games, but will leave as soon as he slumps or has a bad game or two.

There are those who want to come on board now that they now it's safe to do so, because they didn't want to or weren't able to argue against the mountain of haters that were present at the begining of the year and even preseason.

There are those who want to appear to be supporters by saying they've liked him for ages, and were always die-hard supporters...and now have it on record.

There are those that are contrite and can admit they are or were wrong with the vitriol they spewed and regurgitated from lesser years of performance.

There are those who are new to the boards and want to make their support known out loud.

There are those who may have just discovered Bieksa and appreciate his play, style, and character and are or have just recently become fans and supporters of his...as we all did at one time or another.

There are those who may have been supporters for a long time, and have just know had the forum to express their support.

EDIT - And I forgot to mention there are those that have of course, always or at least for some time longer then the last few weeks, been his supporers through thick and thin.

And many others, i'm sure.

I can't say one person is this and one person is that...but they know who they are, and I guess if anything, I'll take their support and positivity of Bieksa, sometimes with complete sincerity, and sometimes with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, drive by supporting and supporters trumps and is more desireable than drive by haters and nonsensical hatred.

Though I do love me a good hater....lol.wink.gif

Good points and i will just add that on the Kesler goal Bieksa had jumped into the play and was standing in front of the Isles net when the Kesler shot came through.

Bieksa has been getting his points these days which is nice to see but if you watch closely whats great is that he has been making some very nice plays on the ice that have been leading to goals for also but not getting the points.

Congrats to Bieksa Kesler is our warrior at forward on this team and Bieksa is the warrior on our defence!

Yeah, I noticed that too. It was a slight gamble, but with less than 20 seconds left in the period, it was a smart play, IMO. The 'Nucks had possession, and the chances of the Isles taking it away and going the length of the ice to score were very slim. Instead, KB jumped into the play and even though it didn't show up on the scoresheet, he had a part in the goal by Kes.

I'm happy as a clam that Bieksa is playing great at the moment. Let's hope it continues.

But there is no denying that he was playing like crap the last two seasons, but was stellar in his last year of his last contract just before that.

I think it should not be such a shock that some Canuck fans still get a little anxious when Kevin goes back nonchalantly to grab the puck in the last few minutes of a tie game with one or two opponents flying towards him.

Bieksa could be, although I hope not, a player that plays great as long as the rest of the team is playing great. That is he is not an initiator, he's a follower. Luongo's first year and a half were tremendous, and Kevin played great in front of him. The next years, Luongo's numbers went a little south, as did the teams play, and Bieksa followed suit. He was almost ASKING for a trade.

Others had to lead the team out of the wilderness. Starting with Burrows and Kesler. First their shutdown play together, then Burrows clicking with the twins, and later the blossoming of Ryan into a top caliber NHLer. Its only natural that there is a snowball effect of players feeding off each others success, but Kevin had to wait until the ball was already rolling end over end halfways down the mountain to jump on board.

That's what worries me a little about re-signing him to a long term contract. If the team falters, either through injury (knock on wood) or some other reason, I fear Bieksa will lose all interest again in playing hard for a team that is not winning (ie. not having fun)

Hey its just a theory, that I'm hoping I'm wrong about. :unsure:

I guess a lot of the Bieksa haters are eating some crow. You'll find a post or two from me in this thread, knocking the haters and calling his timing errors and mistakes a result of having 2 skate cuts on his ankle... It's a beautiful thing to see Bieksa recover and play well :)Bieksa for Norris! ;)

I guess a lot of the Bieksa haters are eating some crow. You'll find a post or two from me in this thread, knocking the haters and calling his timing errors and mistakes a result of having 2 skate cuts on his ankle... It's a beautiful thing to see Bieksa recover and play well :)Bieksa for Norris! ;)

For Norris? lol he's so lackadaisical he might get nominated for the Snore iss. I can't eat crow, there is none left, you BXa apologists ate it all over the last 4 years. lol

For Norris? lol he's so lackadaisical he might get nominated for the Snore iss. I can't eat crow, there is none left, you BXa apologists ate it all over the last 4 years. lol

Jesus Christ on a Ritz cracker......you are obtuse aren't you???

The guy even used an emoticon to show you he was just kidding and you still ran with it eh?I guess you'll use any excuse to troll away nowadays??

Sad and ironic that Mr. lol...can't recognise obvious humour.

LOL!

Archived