The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

7 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

El Trafico Tonight…80,000 fans expected, will be an MLS Record

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37959145/la-galaxy-vs-lafc-rose-bowl-break-mls-attendance-record

Announced crowd of 82,110.  As you mentioned, an MLS record.

Caught the last half hour of the game.  Very entertaining to watch.  Helped by the fact that the stadium was packed with noisy fans which always makes a game better.

• Cheers 1

Here I was, thinking it was a good thing for the 'Caps that Stefan Frei is out with an injury...

....but then, backup Stefan Cleveland makes a terrific save off a cracker of a shot by Berhalter that was destined for the top corner.....<_<

This woman who is hosting the TSN broadcast is ridiculously bad....:picard:

First she starts of the half time show by saying "Not the start the Whitecaps were looking for" and then talking about how Seattle are happy with their first half....

Then later, when the topic shifts to the Gold Cup, she talks about the upcoming rematch between Canada and Mexico, before showing highlights of the American's 2-0 win in the CONCACAF Nations Cup....:rolleyes:

Good on Kilbane for ignoring her ignorance and soldiering on with his commentary....

• Cheers 2

13 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This woman who is hosting the TSN broadcast is ridiculously bad....:picard:

First she starts of the half time show by saying "Not the start the Whitecaps were looking for" and then talking about how Seattle are happy with their first half....

Then later, when the topic shifts to the Gold Cup, she talks about the upcoming rematch between Canada and Mexico, before showing highlights of the American's 2-0 win in the CONCACAF Nations Cup....:rolleyes:

Good on Kilbane for ignoring her ignorance and soldiering on with his commentary....

Yeah I noticed how bad she was too, never seen her before…must have been her first time hosting half time

• Cheers 1

Despite the Sounders having the run of play in the 2nd half, that was a winnable game for the Whitecaps. The strike by Gauld after a terrific flick on by White, should have been enough, but once again, this team shows how poor they are at marking inside the box and on set pieces, in particular.

I love Vanni, but I'm just baffled by his insistence to believe that Tristan Blackmon is an effective defender. He has been awful in pretty much every match I've seen him play this season. The Seattle goal that made it 2-2 was a direct result of him losing control of a ball a few yards outside the box and then being forced to give up a free kick, while earning himself an obvious yellow card.

In the Whitecaps' defense, I think the decision to give Laborda a second yellow was extremely harsh. It's difficult to say if that was what led to the Sounders' winning goal, but it came almost immediately after....it certainly didn't help.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

Game wasn’t on TSN so didn’t get to watch, but the Galaxy game on this Saturday is on TSN at 7:30pm

Should be a challenging game.  The Galaxy got off to a dismal start but have played better recently, winning their last two games (at home) against LAFC and Philadelphia - two of the best teams in the league.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

The MLS All Star Game is on Wednesday July 19th(Arsenal vs MLS) and I dont think it’s even on any of the major networks, looks like it may only be on AppleTV…

Damn. I'd like to see that.

I saw the Caps once against Man City. It was at Empire Field, what a venue....outside, mountains in the background. Just awesome. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1